What's new

$4bn sanctioned for 4 new Guided Missile Frigates with Brahmos for the Indian Navy

That will not happen had it has already best available weapon load out available out there along with powerful sensors. 8 UVLM Bramhos cell, 24/36 VLS anti air missile, apart from latest igla missile excluding anti submarine and main guns. Compare that with Shivalik load.

Please elaborate what do you want to say?

Please elaborate what do you want to say?
For example comparable range.

Load factor compared to minimum load and maximum load. I tend to find 52D is able to hold more weight of weapons compared to Kolkata's class by a big margin. Similar multiple factors are out there but we have not received even basic information required for comparison.

All our shipyards are overworked, they cannot fulfill the massive requirements of the Indian navy. So some of the orders have gone to our Russian Friends whose shipyards are out of work.
Indian navy is going to be a force to be reckoned with in the next decade.

The shtil-1 must be VLS ,otherwise deal is a fail in my book.
Yes it is there in upgraded Krivek class frigate aka Type 11356P/M latest boat. Same boat is reportedly sold to IN, if not then I will agree with you.

1 billions per, Russian can earn a lot.

Yes it is there in upgraded Krivek class frigate aka Type 11356P/M latest boat. Same boat is reportedly sold to IN, if not then I will agree with you.
Russia can't get engine from Ukraine, so they sell it to you.

First point incorrect, second point correct. However it should be noted that there were 3 same boat offer before Cremia happened.

First point incorrect, second point correct. However it should be noted that there were 3 same boat offer before Cremia happened.
Russia is lagging behind very much in ship building industry. Currently we sell disel engine to power their mob class covette.

Not 4 billion USD.

Its 2.96 Billion USD, including investments required to upgrade the shipyard to build frigates.

That's some 700 million USD.

Back
Top Bottom