What's new

4 new C-130Js have arrived at Panagarh Air Base. 2 more by end September

Gurjot.S

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India

4 new C-130J Super Hercules special mission transports arrived earlier this month at the Arjan Singh Air base (earlier named Panagarh AFS) in Panagarh, West Bengal. Livefist can confirm that two more will be delivered by the end of this month. The new C-130J squadron — the IAF’s second after the Hindon-based 77 Squadron ‘Veiled Vipers’ — will be raised this winter.

The 77 Squadron lost one of its six C-130Js in a crash, with the procurement of a replacement airframe underway.

https://www.livefistdefence.com/2017/08/new-super-hercs-arrive-iafs-2nd-c-130j-squadron-soon.html

Good birds! Managed to see a US version at a local air show. Impressive short field capabilities.

4 new C-130J Super Hercules special mission transports arrived earlier this month at the Arjan Singh Air base (earlier named Panagarh AFS) in Panagarh, West Bengal. Livefist can confirm that two more will be delivered by the end of this month. The new C-130J squadron — the IAF’s second after the Hindon-based 77 Squadron ‘Veiled Vipers’ — will be raised this winter.

The 77 Squadron lost one of its six C-130Js in a crash, with the procurement of a replacement airframe underway.

https://www.livefistdefence.com/2017/08/new-super-hercs-arrive-iafs-2nd-c-130j-squadron-soon.html
More goodies :D:tup:
Well its a pleasent surprise. :cheers:
new things happining in india defence every week. new things buying. new contrsct signing. but big question where money coming from? can india aford all this things?

new things happining in india defence every week. new things buying. new contrsct signing. but big question where money coming from? can india aford all this things?
Tough question.
I would rather have metros in 25 more Indian cities with our military budget.
But can India afford a 1962 ?
We have the neighbourhood we have and cant wish it away.

Tough question.
I would rather have metros in 25 more Indian cities with our military budget.
But can India afford a 1962 ?
We have the neighbourhood we have and cant wish it away.
no i mean we have 45 bilon military buget. only 30% for buying. so 10 bilon 1 year only. now look how much we buy this year? and last year? more then 10 bilon. so this is why i say were money come from. i am not telling to lower military buget.

Boeing closed production lines for C-17.
We wanted to buy 4 more but Qataris bought three of the last 4 available.
Man,we could have ordered before closing the production line. I am working in a psu and I know the working nature of finance guys in my company,and I do believe that it's not difference in ministry too. They might have sat on the file over unnecessary queries and answers.

Man,we could have ordered before closing the production line. I am working in a psu and I know the working nature of finance guys in my company,and I do believe that it's not difference in ministry too. They might have sat on the file over unnecessary queries and answers.

Actually it was the CCS that delayed it.

Our logistics and transport segment is very limited. That's waht we need to increase drastically.

30 C-17s / equivalent aircraft (maybe An-70 since now US is helping on completing An-70)
80-100 C-130J / equivalent transport airlifters.
150-200 C-295/MRTA equivalent aircraft
80 Ch-47/Mi-26T heavy helicopters
600-700 Mi-17/IMRH (Indigenous) medium lift helicopters

Unless we have this, we won't be able to mobilize rapidly.

C130J wont help much though, a major country needs the globemaster or those Russian heavy transport aircraft that can bring tanks in incidents or suppliers in disasters

2.5 front war still not possible with C130J I'm sorry

the C130J will crash with the Arjun inside

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom