What's new

3D Printers developed in India

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
MYSORE: A group of seven engineering students from National Institute of Engineering-Information Technology (NIE-IT) and Vidya Vardhaka College of Engineering (VVCE) have developed a low-cost 3D printer.

Nikhil Furtado, one of the group members from VVCE, said that he was inspired by many reports on the internet, especially the one about the recovery of a woman's skull. "But its cost was high. So we decided to develop a device at low cost, for which we had to do away with the mould. Our device, developed in August last year, cost us Rs 40,000, while the other 3D printers cost Rs 1 lakh," he claimed.

Chethan M Rao of NIE-IT, who designed the electronics part, said: "If the 3D printer is used everyday, the mould would cost approximately Rs 1,00,000. So we developed this machine without mould."

"The machine is used for prototyping and can find applications in architecture, construction, industrial design, automotive, aerospace, military, engineering, civil engineering, dental and medical fields, fashion, footwear and jewellery, eyewear, education, geographic information systems, food and human tissue replacement," he added.

"We have removed the L-joint as it would prolong the process. We have used metal, concrete, different types of plastics like SLS plastics. The task of designing, assembling and interfacing of electronic components was crucial," he stated.

"Maintaining the heat of the bed for molten material uniform and the functioning of electronic components as per our design requirements were challenging. It took about three months to develop this technology. In future, we want to reduce the thickness of layers so as to give it a good finish. We also want to increase its size..." he stated.

NIE-IT principal C Vidya Raj said the technology, being cost-effective, helps even the common man.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDgQFjAC&url=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mysore/Engineering-students-develop-low-cost-3D-printer/articleshow/33489434.cms&ei=qdyJU6i-LMu-uASs7oLABg&usg=AFQjCNHLQ9jfFegC3rMx3Bm9bbPKdxv7GQ

diy_daryani_131833499915-624x351.png

At the age of 15, Angad Daryani, isn’t your usual teenager studying for his SSC exams. Instead, he is a school dropout-turned-entrepreneur. The home-schooled teenager has already built India’s first 3D printer using DIY kits and wants to bring 3D printing to every household.

In January, he plans to launch SharkBot, which is said to be “the fastest and most robust desktop 3D printer that can print any material except metal,” reports DNA. He decided to build 3D printer when he realised that people are importing these printers at a very high cost. He revealed that the cost of these printers is less than Rs 30,000. At the moment, he spens four hours every day working on SharkBot and already sells kits to help people make build 3D printers.

Daryani had keen interest in technology from a very young age and built his first humanoid robot when he was just eight year old. He built a remote-controlled hovercraft in Class 6 by watching YouTube videos. By 13, he was building his own versions of the open source RepRap 3D printer. He now owns a company that sells DIY kits and Shark Kits to build just about everything from portable speakers to headphones and power supplies. Daryani told DNA, “Kids don’t learn anything there (in school). I had no satisfaction that I knew things, I couldn’t apply anything I had learned to real life. I quit the formal pattern of studying and am now being home-schooled.

Daryani has been constantly creating and making things ever since he was a child and is an advocate of using open source software and devcies so others can improve and build upon his work. He now builds mechanised products on robotics, automation and electronics technology fests and several other competitions. As for his thoughts on school curriculum, he believes that computer programming should be made compulsory for all students, just like English or Mathematics. On the basis of Daryani’s work so far, we are inclined to agree with him.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=17&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CJQBEBYwEA&url=http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/15-year-old-prodigy-builds-indias-first-3d-printer-and-diy-kit-109424.html&ei=GduJU9rBGtC3uAS114C4Dw&usg=AFQjCNE_BPiSDppU71yX9zxWSt4qundINQ&bvm=bv.67720277,d.c2E

MYSORE: A group of seven engineering students from National Institute of Engineering-Information Technology (NIE-IT) and Vidya Vardhaka College of Engineering (VVCE) have developed a low-cost 3D printer.

Nikhil Furtado, one of the group members from VVCE, said that he was inspired by many reports on the internet, especially the one about the recovery of a woman's skull. "But its cost was high. So we decided to develop a device at low cost, for which we had to do away with the mould. Our device, developed in August last year, cost us Rs 40,000, while the other 3D printers cost Rs 1 lakh," he claimed.

Chethan M Rao of NIE-IT, who designed the electronics part, said: "If the 3D printer is used everyday, the mould would cost approximately Rs 1,00,000. So we developed this machine without mould."

"The machine is used for prototyping and can find applications in architecture, construction, industrial design, automotive, aerospace, military, engineering, civil engineering, dental and medical fields, fashion, footwear and jewellery, eyewear, education, geographic information systems, food and human tissue replacement," he added.

"We have removed the L-joint as it would prolong the process. We have used metal, concrete, different types of plastics like SLS plastics. The task of designing, assembling and interfacing of electronic components was crucial," he stated.

"Maintaining the heat of the bed for molten material uniform and the functioning of electronic components as per our design requirements were challenging. It took about three months to develop this technology. In future, we want to reduce the thickness of layers so as to give it a good finish. We also want to increase its size..." he stated.

NIE-IT principal C Vidya Raj said the technology, being cost-effective, helps even the common man.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDgQFjAC&url=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mysore/Engineering-students-develop-low-cost-3D-printer/articleshow/33489434.cms&ei=qdyJU6i-LMu-uASs7oLABg&usg=AFQjCNHLQ9jfFegC3rMx3Bm9bbPKdxv7GQ

diy_daryani_131833499915-624x351.png

At the age of 15, Angad Daryani, isn’t your usual teenager studying for his SSC exams. Instead, he is a school dropout-turned-entrepreneur. The home-schooled teenager has already built India’s first 3D printer using DIY kits and wants to bring 3D printing to every household.

In January, he plans to launch SharkBot, which is said to be “the fastest and most robust desktop 3D printer that can print any material except metal,” reports DNA. He decided to build 3D printer when he realised that people are importing these printers at a very high cost. He revealed that the cost of these printers is less than Rs 30,000. At the moment, he spens four hours every day working on SharkBot and already sells kits to help people make build 3D printers.

Daryani had keen interest in technology from a very young age and built his first humanoid robot when he was just eight year old. He built a remote-controlled hovercraft in Class 6 by watching YouTube videos. By 13, he was building his own versions of the open source RepRap 3D printer. He now owns a company that sells DIY kits and Shark Kits to build just about everything from portable speakers to headphones and power supplies. Daryani told DNA, “Kids don’t learn anything there (in school). I had no satisfaction that I knew things, I couldn’t apply anything I had learned to real life. I quit the formal pattern of studying and am now being home-schooled.

Daryani has been constantly creating and making things ever since he was a child and is an advocate of using open source software and devcies so others can improve and build upon his work. He now builds mechanised products on robotics, automation and electronics technology fests and several other competitions. As for his thoughts on school curriculum, he believes that computer programming should be made compulsory for all students, just like English or Mathematics. On the basis of Daryani’s work so far, we are inclined to agree with him.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=17&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CJQBEBYwEA&url=http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/15-year-old-prodigy-builds-indias-first-3d-printer-and-diy-kit-109424.html&ei=GduJU9rBGtC3uAS114C4Dw&usg=AFQjCNE_BPiSDppU71yX9zxWSt4qundINQ&bvm=bv.67720277,d.c2E
This technology is the future of Architect, Good keep it up :tup:

Way to go Indian Engineers. Loved the intention and motivation behind developing this i.e. providing the tech at low cost. We can set an example of developing and providing best tech at reasonable and cheap prices to world. Best of luck geeks :enjoy:

Whoa :o: Ye bachha apna naam roshan karega

“Kids don’t learn anything there (in school). I had no satisfaction that I knew things, I couldn’t apply anything I had learned to real life. I quit the formal pattern of studying and am now being home-schooled.”
He thinks the way i do :agree:

Already introduced long time ago in US .

Lol i thought thread is about claiming that 3D printers were invented by indians long before civilisation existed-

Lol i thought thread is about claiming that 3D printers were invented by indians long before civilisation existed-

4500 BC ago indians gave the concept of 3D printing.

:laugh:

4500 BC ago indians gave the concept of 3D printing.

:laugh:

Why inventing thing which already invented just buy it...

Because when you develop your own product you don't have to buy similar product from other nations, plus you have potential market.; hence saving and earning of valuable foreign currency.

When India can pay the ESA/ NASA to launch its sats, why it has ISRO and launchers like PSLV, GSLV?

When it can buy stealth warships, why India chooses to design and build P 15 and P 15B destroyers in house?

When it can buy Shkval, why India is developing Varunastra?

Back
Top Bottom