What's new

33 countries including Pakistan provided medical supplies to fight coronavirus: China

Right as I've said before...China is making all efforts to treat anyone who is infected(regardless of nationality) and trying to contain/eliminate the virus from spreading. Any concern of Pakistanis or non Pakistanis(at a human level) would be valid if the Pakistani citizens in China were unable to get treatment...yet that's not the case is it?

So now there are two options...Pakistanis in China get treated there mitigating the risk of spreading the virus to other areas and other populations...
OR
Pak gov brings them back to Pakistan and treats them here with the added risk of the virus spreading in areas and population that were previously unexposed.

The second option carries more risk...and is completely unnecessary. It's really not that hard to bring ppl back...and there isn't a huge number of Pakistanis in China...a couple of planes making a few trips can easily get all the Pakistani back here...but just bcuz it's doable doesn't make it a smart move. It would only get in the way of China's attempts at trying to quarantine(bcuz they legally would have to allow Pakistan to evacuate Pakistani citizens just like other countries pulled out theirs)...instead it's better to make a coordinated effort with China at tackling this threat.

As for those Pakistanis that have either been treated(bcuz they got infected) or were cleared after screening...of course they wouldn't be quarantined and can get back to whatever it is they were doing in China.

@Uguduwa read my posts...and then expand on what u r trying to argue here than ur oneliners about all the concerns u have.
To be honest I don't have a big passion about this topic because what Pakistan does is its own business. I posted my comment based on how I think a country should treat its citizens.

First of all China is struggling to provide care for their own citizens in Wuhan. Their hospitals are overburdened so your citizens might not get the appropriate care they need. If Pakistan brings them into their country then they would be kept in an isolated facility like most other countries did then follow appropriate health and safety protocols so that nobody else gets infected. Sri Lanka was the 4th country to evacuate its citizens and recently they left the isolated facility after few weeks after making sure that they have no contracted the virus.

Also evacuating them shows that the government cares about the citizens of the country. Feeling of having a country that protects you in the time of need itself is valuable and boosts morale.

Anyway here's a video of how Sri Lanka (a developing country) did it. The plane landed in a remote part of Sri Lanka and the students were kept in a military base.

How long is the incubation period ,I am sure it's more than 14 days now since the Pakistani citizens have been there or are you guys waiting for them to catch the virus and then say ,see I told you so
It was told that the incubation period is 14 days...Now in their attempt to leave, they MAY face someone with the virus and bring it home...

It is best for them to be in China where OTHER COUNTRIES are also helping to retain it and fight it instead of accidentally spreading it further!

Whether it’s Pakistan or some country in Andromeda galaxy doing the same thing, my comment would still be the same.
YOUR comment was insulting a govt. I dont see you jumping around for say india, who imported the virus in an attempt to do macho move! No comments there, eh? :pop:

Last edited:
It was told that the incubation period is 14 days...Now in their attempt to leave, they MAY face someone with the virus and bring it home...

It is best for them to be in China where OTHER COUNTRIES are also helping to retain it and fight it instead of accidentally spread it further!

YOUR comment was insulting a govt. I dont see you jumping around for say india, who imported the virus in an attempt to do macho move! No comments there, eh? :pop:
I don't understand this obsession...why do these countries think that it's some amazing extraordinary feat to airlift a few thousand ppl out?

@Uguduwa it's not about scoring brownie points with such showboating...it's about being logical and practical. U think it helps a quarantine effort if all the countries fly their citizens out? With that u just create more pockets elsewhere(of infected ppl)...which then requires quarantining in those countries separately...if everything goes right in every instance then great...but the slightest error and now u have a virus spreading in another location. So why risk it?

The Chinese were fighting each other for masks.
U got anything concrete...other than ur one liners?

I don't understand this obsession...why do these countries think that it's some amazing extraordinary feat to airlift a few thousand ppl out?
I understand that xyz country did a macho move and it can be right (helping its civilians) or wrong (helping spread the virus to their land)...in order for it to look more RIGHT than the WRONG....they need to make others not doing the same to be at wrong!

That's not what I was asking genius...I read that news too...back when Taiwan was halting exports of face masks to China. What I was asking u is to demonstrate(with evidence) that China is unable to tackle this threat. Lack of sufficient quantities of face masks doesn't prove anything other than the fact that all of a suddenly there is an increased demand(due to the outbreak), which is causing shortages.

The point I made... remains...that China is making all efforts at containing and treating this outbreak. Pakistan and other countries pulling out their citizens only hampers the Chinese quarantine efforts...and creates additional risk of the virus potentially spreading elsewhere.

That's not what I was asking genius...I read that news too...back when Taiwan was halting exports of face masks to China. What I was asking u is to demonstrate(with evidence) that China is unable to tackle this threat. Lack of sufficient quantities of face masks doesn't prove anything other than the fact that all of a suddenly there is an increased demand(due to the outbreak), which is causing shortages.

The point I made... remains...that China is making all efforts at containing and treating this outbreak. Pakistan and other countries pulling out their citizens only hampers the Chinese quarantine efforts...and creates additional risk of the virus potentially spreading elsewhere.

The only comment I wrote was that China was facing a shortage of masks and now I have backed that up with news source. You seem to agree with that too.

It is for the reader of my comment to come to a conclusion if a country facing shortage of something like masks can be in a position to tackle the threat. I am relying on the intelligence of the reader to come to the correct conclusion.

The only comment I wrote was that China was facing a shortage of masks and now I have backed that up with news source. You seem to agree with that too.
Intially yes, but now is much better, China produces over half of the world total masks and now the production is gaining on after the long holiday.

It is for the reader of my comment to come to a conclusion if a country facing shortage of something like masks can be in a position to tackle the threat. I am relying on the intelligence of the reader to come to the correct conclusion.
So bcuz u made a one liner comment about China facing a shortage of mask...and provided proof for it...u want ppl to think that this must mean that China is unable to tackle the threat of coronavirus? That's one big and very dumb leap of faith. So basically u r just gripping at straws bcuz u have nothing concrete in the way of proving that China is unable to combat this threat.

Using that dumb approach any idiot can come to any conclusion...like flat earthers thinking Earth is flat bcuz that's what it seems like to them when they look around...or that everything must revolve around the earth bcuz that's what it seems like at night. It is clear to me that I'm wasting my time with u since u r one of those special ppl. Kindly don't quote me going forward with ur tall claims with nothing to back it up.

Using that dumb approach any idiot can come to any conclusion...like flat earthers thinking Earth is flat bcuz that's what it seems like to them when they look around...or that everything must revolve around the earth bcuz that's what it seems like at night. It is clear to me that I'm wasting my time with u since u r one of those special ppl. Kindly don't quote me going forward with ur tall claims with nothing to back it up.

The only claim I made was that China had a shortage of masks. It is you who is concluding that I said that China was unable to take care of this. I wonder why you think that.

There is an ignore button somewhere if you don't want to respond to me.

Sorry but why and how does it concern you?

I had no idea we were not supposed to comment on things that don't concern us. Can you please point me to the rules page so I know what other rules I am breaking.

I dont see you jumping around for say india, who imported the virus in an attempt to do macho move! No comments there, eh? :pop:

In one post you say we should not comment on things that don't concern us.

In another you expect the person to comment on posts that don't concern him.

The only claim I made was that China had a shortage of masks. It is you who is concluding that I said that China was unable to take care of this. I wonder why you think that.

There is an ignore button somewhere if you don't want to respond to me.
I was saying that China is fully equipped to tackle this threat...and u replied with the mask shortage China had...the only logical connection between the two things would be ur implication(that bcuz China is having a shortage of masks...they must also be ill prepared to tackle this threat).

But it seems now u r trying to weasel ur way out of it...after u were called out on it. No matter...let's say that I inferred the wrong implication...plz do tell what u meant to imply. Or were u just cluelessly mentioning something completely unrelated with no connection whatsoever to what I was saying?

The deaths from this virus were almost all very old or those who have underlying conditions, most Pakistanis in China are young students who are in their prime, so no need to worry about their safety,but once you get the virus in Pakistan, you put the old and the sick on great danger back home, the risk is too big to ignore. In China they are in safe hands, fearing possible international backlash, China takes care of foreign patients way better than her own.

I had no idea we were not supposed to comment on things that don't concern us. Can you please point me to the rules page so I know what other rules I am breaking.
You can comment but taunting and giving "fake sympathies" or "fake worries" is not commenting but literally taunting and that is not considered as commenting

In one post you say we should not comment on things that don't concern us.
I am not talking about this thread but in other threads I dont see the fake concern at all :pop:

Back
Top Bottom