What's new

300,000 plus @ PTI Lahore Jalsa - Live Forum Coverage

whatever the maximum crowd capacity of the park, mulitiply it by three to fit Pakistani crowd :D

it was a lot of people there. Sheikh Rasheed called it Imran's day and that from now PML-N would very worried and going after PTI.

I expected Imran to do expceptionally well in Lahore and Punjab. Less security and ethnic issues and non-existant political thugary. But sindh and karachi will be a different game altogether. I fear a lot of blood will be spilt there before MQM, PPP and ANP see it get out of their hands.

crowd was huge huge :D and huge crowd was standing on chairs 3 people or 2 people on one chair that was ratio and in front area crowd was sooo much dense even air was not crossing by there :D

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

^^when did i mention the education ratio:what:

bhai ji im residing outside PK so u need not to worry abt my sleeping tym

if you cant do anything for pakistan then stop farting here

---------- Post added at 02:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

381187_10150334964190518_541050517_8713006_1339855364_n.jpg

The day Lahori's Made Another history :)

My brother went to Minar-e-Pakistan, he was some 20 meters away from the stage. He tells me that people were absolutely crazy to see Imran Khan, every little gesture he made while sitting on the stage was greeted with roars from the crowd. There was a tremendous positive energy and Imran Khan was the binding force of it all. It was all for one and one for all out there. Great stuff from IK, hope this will be the start of all good things to come.

i was also there crowd was full of energy :D it was not like pml n rally or mqm rally people sitting quite with no energy n response every one was shouting slogans we want change and the time anthem was played was amazing scene :)

Imran Khan & PTI have emerged as a new power on the political map of Pakistan!
by Moeed Pirzada on Sunday, 30 October 2011 at 22:57

Yes! I was only cautious when I wrote my last one liner...people were still gathering at Minar-e-Pakistan; but then they came from all directions,

and they came with their wives, and wives with their husbands, they came with their children and their friends, they came on their motorbikes, on cycles, on their cars and they walked, and so we know for sure that they were not in the usual government controlled buses, and they were not brought by police and patwaris and by the petty bureaucrats...they were free men and women who walked to the sprawling lawns of Minar-e-Paksitan on their free will for they believed in something...something bigger than their own lives; they wore all colors of Pakistan, they were Punjabis and Pakhtoons and Sindhis and Baluch and Kashmiris..and they showed a remarkable discipline and respect for each other...and what else was different? ...they were young and they were full of excitement and belief..unlike the rent-a crowds of usual Pakistani politicians who sullenly and listlessly listen to the demagoguery of politicians these men and women were full of enthusiasm and self-belief...the presence of large number of Pakistani women, of music, of Shahzad Roy and Strings added a dimension to this political rally that had never been seen in this country before...that was like the Latin American political scene...alive and full of belief..

What Imran said? he may not be as charismatic as Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto or as trained a speaker as Benazir Bhutto but the message he delivered, and delivered with all sincerity was more original and powerful ever heard from a politician in Pakistan since the Bhutto speeches of 1960's and 1970's....perhaps for the first time in the last 40 years a politician has emerged on the scenes of Pakistan who actually put forward a political agenda, an agenda that could be defined, understood and implemented; when he says we will get rid of the usual Patwari and thana he is laying down the vision for a progressive Pakistan...a Pakistan in which land assets could be traded without the fear of fraud...if we achieve this, or at least move in this direction, we will enter a new era of commerce....and what was refreshing was the total absence of "demagoguery", Imran did not talk of the liberation of Kashmir, usual rhetoric against India or ultimatums to America, kind of things which cannot be implemented, he talked of things that are possible...it was so fun to listen to him...it was this balanced, sophisticated political message we so wanted to hear but could never hear from these ******** who have ruled our lives in the last 20 -30 years...

What has changed? Elections are far off, and there is many a slip twixt the cup and the lip but today a new Pakistan was born or perhaps the Pakistan of 1960's and 1970's was revisited; a Pakistan that existed before Ronald Reagon the and Gen. Zia ul Haq struck the faustian bargain against Soviet Union, the faustian bargain that lead to the collapse of the Soviet Union but left Pakistan in a perpetual crisis of the politics of personality cult, of feudals and Pirs and Sajada Nasheens..today PTI has brought forward the politics of ideas and issues and this will not only effect us but will effect the structures and power politics inside the other parties...to fight PTI they will have to change...

Lets watch it as it evolves, lets make a pledge that we will all vote in the next elections and we will demand a free fair transparent election process..we will ensure a transition of power in this country..from feudals and criminals and thugs into the hands of decent human beings, first step has been taken....

Imran Khan & PTI have emerged as a new power on the political map of Pakistan!
by Moeed Pirzada on Sunday, 30 October 2011 at 22:57

Yes! I was only cautious when I wrote my last one liner...people were still gathering at Minar-e-Pakistan; but then they came from all directions,

and they came with their wives, and wives with their husbands, they came with their children and their friends, they came on their motorbikes, on cycles, on their cars and they walked, and so we know for sure that they were not in the usual government controlled buses, and they were not brought by police and patwaris and by the petty bureaucrats...they were free men and women who walked to the sprawling lawns of Minar-e-Paksitan on their free will for they believed in something...something bigger than their own lives; they wore all colors of Pakistan, they were Punjabis and Pakhtoons and Sindhis and Baluch and Kashmiris..and they showed a remarkable discipline and respect for each other...and what else was different? ...they were young and they were full of excitement and belief..unlike the rent-a crowds of usual Pakistani politicians who sullenly and listlessly listen to the demagoguery of politicians these men and women were full of enthusiasm and self-belief...the presence of large number of Pakistani women, of music, of Shahzad Roy and Strings added a dimension to this political rally that had never been seen in this country before...that was like the Latin American political scene...alive and full of belief..

What Imran said? he may not be as charismatic as Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto or as trained a speaker as Benazir Bhutto but the message he delivered, and delivered with all sincerity was more original and powerful ever heard from a politician in Pakistan since the Bhutto speeches of 1960's and 1970's....perhaps for the first time in the last 40 years a politician has emerged on the scenes of Pakistan who actually put forward a political agenda, an agenda that could be defined, understood and implemented; when he says we will get rid of the usual Patwari and thana he is laying down the vision for a progressive Pakistan...a Pakistan in which land assets could be traded without the fear of fraud...if we achieve this, or at least move in this direction, we will enter a new era of commerce....and what was refreshing was the total absence of "demagoguery", Imran did not talk of the liberation of Kashmir, usual rhetoric against India or ultimatums to America, kind of things which cannot be implemented, he talked of things that are possible...it was so fun to listen to him...it was this balanced, sophisticated political message we so wanted to hear but could never hear from these ******** who have ruled our lives in the last 20 -30 years...

What has changed? Elections are far off, and there is many a slip twixt the cup and the lip but today a new Pakistan was born or perhaps the Pakistan of 1960's and 1970's was revisited; a Pakistan that existed before Ronald Reagon the and Gen. Zia ul Haq struck the faustian bargain against Soviet Union, the faustian bargain that lead to the collapse of the Soviet Union but left Pakistan in a perpetual crisis of the politics of personality cult, of feudals and Pirs and Sajada Nasheens..today PTI has brought forward the politics of ideas and issues and this will not only effect us but will effect the structures and power politics inside the other parties...to fight PTI they will have to change...

Lets watch it as it evolves, lets make a pledge that we will all vote in the next elections and we will demand a free fair transparent election process..we will ensure a transition of power in this country..from feudals and criminals and thugs into the hands of decent human beings, first step has been taken....
If Imran Khan will not talk about Kashmir he will loose support and his enemies will agree so he will have to support Kashmiri people through all means

If Imran Khan will not talk about Kashmir he will loose support and his enemies will agree so he will have to support Kashmiri people through all means

Kashmir support is must BUT, i really don't think the speech on a Kashmir was required in a public who were seeking for the change. Also, that can bring negative elements to start pulling leg of IK.

... and Imran Khan flys to China soon after the public meeting, on invitation by the Chinese Govt.

Imran expects the coming election to be held soon after march 2012? Is the Govt. going to collapse?

Last edited by a moderator:
After being to the Best and the Most Greatly Organized Political Jalsa Ever... A Gathering of more than 10000 people with an urge for the betterment of their country and for their cause,, instead of the name sake.. People from all classes,, the poor, the laborers,, the thellay walas,, the chai walas, to the families in whole,, to Educated people from the most prestigious educational institutes of the country... including all the privileged and not so privileged classes of the state.. From which, most of them have never been in anyother political set ever before,, were there just to support their "JustCause"..

After being on that road for those 2 hours and 10 kilometers of road-jam due to a flood of the crowd on their bikes,, cars, ching chis and buses, the greatest number of flagged vehicles i have ever seen in one place,, and in that jam ,, people with spirit and hope on their faces,, and again it was the best "Spirit" of "Hope" i have ever seen before.. it was a great opportunity availed by us,, I would have personally been really sad ,, if i hadn't decided to be in it... because it was going to be the biggest Political Jalsa ever to be in last 30years,, and surely a mark in the political history of Pakistan,, it was something ppl wanted to see for many years and finally it happened when, Imran Khan's PTI triggered it's Political significance on map, that, with a bang... I experienced some rare social norms being in that huge crowd ,, people were caring for eachother,, and a sounami of people including families was gathered at huge ,, in a country, where a bullet proof car is an essential,, and bomb blasts are a routine... For a couple of hours experiencing all this ,, I was just thinking,, Pakistan was now a better place,, its days turned the wrong side rite... It was a great opportunity availed to see history in the making, Literally !

I hope Imran khan's PTI crosses all hurdles to achieve its goals and to achieve that better fate of Pakistan ,, and is not hurdled by the always popping up of unnfair political scenarios and Mishaps...

imran khan will not win a single seat except perhaps his home town in mianwali, that i can bet millions on it!!

maybe imran khan will foresee it coming and bycott next elections too

this jalsa is just entertaining not motivating, as somebady has said more that a music concert than a political gathering, the lahoris who support imran are probably those lahori faction which knows nothing abt politics

are you paid or ignorant

This is indeed great news for Pakistan - the fact that IK has reached a stage of maturity. I sense he is ready to take the extremely difficult task of leading our nation. There are going to be some enormous issues initially he has to be weary of. First one being now that he has had the balls to stand up and make sweeping statements regarding politicians assets he needs to be protected from these greedy morons from harm. There is no end to what these mad corrupt madmen may do to hold onto their power. There is a need to let people come forward and turn into "providers of evidence" to establish who has been taking what.
Ik and his followers must have thought this through and initially committees will need to set up to tackle issues before establishing their own policies. It is indeed a massive challenge that needs a lionheart and we all know who has one of these in the past!
It is important that this jalsa is just the start and IK must establish clear momentum to keep the ball rolling and not stop.

one day i was watching TV Imran Khan Shahib was on air at that time i wasn't his party member then he said some thing that i strongly believe " no nation could progress without good and reliable , and rooted education system....and how could we foresee bright future without educating women" at that moment i decided he is the man........ just sent my No to ________ and i become his member and for the first time i worked for any political party without being asked and managed to convince and making member of almost 100 people......... its hunger for change....... and one thing is sure if there is rule of law......life is pretty foreseeable...... pakistan zindaabad and plz stay united ....... together we live and together we die...... love you all.......... regard Azhar

Back
Top Bottom