What's new

3 Indians arrested for taking private tuitions in Saudi Arabia

Not govt employees, but specifically for teachers in govt colleges. The same reasoning for why that is unethical can be applied for those in private colleges as well, can they not?

Precisely what I meant. Teachers. And no, there is a difference between private and govt colleges. The private institutes do not offer the kind of job guaranty govt ones do, so they can fire a teacher if they think he is teaching below par or forcing students to come for private tuition to him.

That is for government employees. To prevent conflict of interest. Not because tuitions are considered unethical. This is probably cultural difference.

Actually every private schools have the rule, never to take tution for pupils from the same school or class. THey can teach a student for free, but never for money.
However they can take tution for other school students.

Old subcontinent tactics its actually corruption if you think about it .. if we dig a bit deeper probably there is some thng dodgy

if they were religious non Muslim tuitions then that could be the answer otherwise who knows

i asked my cousin who went to high school there (also at an international school) and he said tuitions are not banned there. He took the calculus lessons twice a week from an Egyptian instructor

if they were religious non Muslim tuitions then that could be the answer otherwise who knows

i asked my cousin who went to high school there (also at an international school) and he said tuitions are not banned there. He took the calculus lessons twice a week from an Egyptian instructor
It's about conflict of interest. If a teacher in a school also gives private tuitions at home, s/he may deliberately teach her home students better, so as to earn a better income. Or even apply indirect pressures on the schoolkids to join the private tuition classes. I have seen that happen quite often.

You know there are 1-2 schools in my City that don't allow the teacher's it employs to give private tuitions in the evening !

It's about conflict of interest. If a teacher in a school also gives private tuitions at home, s/he may deliberately teach her home students better, so as to earn a better income. Or even apply indirect pressures on the schoolkids to join the private tuition classes. I have seen that happen quite often.

didnt look @ it from that angle but makes sense

Providing students with private tuition is an increasing trend among many teachers in SA, which has led many teachers to skim through the syllabus in class and not provide proper, comprehensive coverage to the classroom students, because they will give a more thorough explanation during the private classes.

Asim Abdullah, a 12th grader at a well-known international school in Jeddah, states that many teachers at his school rush lessons and do not provide detailed explanation during the class. As a result, many students leave the classroom without fully understanding the content of their lesson.

“At the end of the month, we are given an assessment on each lesson and many of us get marks below average,” says Abdullah. “The teacher takes the opportunity and contacts our parents, suggesting we need extra tuition sessions and demand high charges for the extra coaching they provide.”

Abdullah says that the cost of one subject per hour ranges from SR80-SR100 and classes are typically held five days a week.

Source:
Private tuition becoming an increasing trend among teachers | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Sooo.... a teacher is arrested for teaching in Saudi Arabia :lol:

Read the news before pointing fingers at them. You can give private tuition, as long as as you are no a teacher at some school, its conflict of interest.

Its what happens with doctors in Government hospitals in India. They don't show up to the hospital, or give proper treatment attention to patient in government hospitals, and rather make money in their own private practices.

Sooo.... a teacher is arrested for teaching in Saudi Arabia :lol:

Yeah.... Their country, their laws...... If we have a problem better not go there.... I chose not to

Read the news before pointing fingers at them. You can give private tuition, as long as as you are no a teacher at some school, its conflict of interest.

Its what happens with doctors in Government hospitals in India. They don't show up to the hospital, or give proper treatment attention to patient in government hospitals, and rather make money in their own private practices.

Both happens in India...... (though there is a new law to stop govt doc practicing pvt)

lol , it was a joke of course i know what its about.. Why get so defensive :lol:

Back
Top Bottom