What's new

3 Indians arrested for taking private tuitions in Saudi Arabia

Rahul9090

Reaction score
Country
India
RIYADH: Three Indian teachers in Saudi Arabia have been arrested here for giving private tuitions, an illegal and punishable offence in the kingdom.

Riyadh police raided the house of three Indian teachers, employed with the International Indian School here, and found them with students gathered for private tuitions, Arab News reported today.

Mehboob Pasha from Karnataka, Mohammad Rifai from Tamil Nadu and Tauheed Ahmad Siddiquee from Uttar Pradesh were taken to the Tarheel (deportation centre) jail, it said.

Private tuition is an illegal and punishable offence in Saudi Arabia.

The school management has called for an urgent meeting over the incident. The school's public relations officer has been asked to bail out the teachers from custody, the paper quoted sources as saying.
3 Indians arrested for taking private tuitions in Saudi Arabia - The Times of India

RIYADH: Three Indian teachers in Saudi Arabia have been arrested here for giving private tuitions, an illegal and punishable offence in the kingdom.

Riyadh police raided the house of three Indian teachers, employed with the International Indian School here, and found them with students gathered for private tuitions, Arab News reported today.

Mehboob Pasha from Karnataka, Mohammad Rifai from Tamil Nadu and Tauheed Ahmad Siddiquee from Uttar Pradesh were taken to the Tarheel (deportation centre) jail, it said.

Private tuition is an illegal and punishable offence in Saudi Arabia.

The school management has called for an urgent meeting over the incident. The school's public relations officer has been asked to bail out the teachers from custody, the paper quoted sources as saying.
3 Indians arrested for taking private tuitions in Saudi Arabia - The Times of India

These people should learn to respect the law of the land. It's not India where they can behave as they like.

What kind of law is this, teachers cannot even give private tuitions?

I guess it's a bit different in each country, it's a pretty common practice in India for kids to get private tuition.

Saudi Gazette

“The Saudi Ministry of Education strictly prohibits private tuition classes because it considers it unethical, but nevertheless, it is not a crime for which one can be taken to a court of law,” said Mr. AB, a teacher who works in a school in Riyadh, requesting anonymity.

“A private tutor may well earn around SR20,000 to SR30,000 a month depending upon the academic timing. He still works in a school, which is his sponsor and provides him with an Iqama. However, the question is where are the ethics in being a private tutor? But, then, who is talking about ethics?” he asked. “We have come here leaving our families back home to earn a decent living. However, this is not possible when the school pays us less than SR2500 per month,” he added.

To all Indians: Many Indian states have a similar law, so as to avoid conflict of interest between their job in the university and their private enterprise. Teachers in govt colleges cannot give private tuitions. It may not be well enforced in India, but we cannot fault Saudi Arabia for enforcing a law that we too have, but cannot/do not enforce.

(This must be the first time I am defending S Arabia at the expense of India.:D @Yzd Khalifa : This should tell you that I am very objective.)

To all Indians: Many Indian states have a similar law, so as to avoid conflict of interest between their job in the university and their private enterprise. Teachers in govt colleges cannot give private tuitions. It may not be well enforced in India, but we cannot fault Saudi Arabia for enforcing a law that we too have, but cannot/do not enforce.

(This must be the first time I am defending S Arabia at the expense of India.:D @Yzd Khalifa : This should tell you that I am ver objective.)

That is for government employees. To prevent conflict of interest. Not because tuitions are considered unethical. This is probably cultural difference.

Good ... Always hated these tuition teachers during my school days. KSA please lash them !!!!

Don't think the news is true, and it's not illegal to take private tuitions cuz i did it lots of times, so defiantly BS news

Last edited:
That is for government employees. To prevent conflict of interest. Not because tuitions are considered unethical. This is probably cultural difference.
Not govt employees, but specifically for teachers in govt colleges. The same reasoning for why that is unethical can be applied for those in private colleges as well, can they not?

Should have beheaded them instead of deporting.

i suppose they have a state-run education system and tutors have to be publicly employed?

Old subcontinent tactics its actually corruption if you think about it .. if we dig a bit deeper probably there is some thng dodgy

Back
Top Bottom