What's new

3 freedom fighters killed in Uri

Sir, I expect better from a senior member like yourself.

Why not bring forward counter arguments/facts instead ?

Sir,

For the simple reason that you depend on your own word of mouth, whereas I visit the state regularly. How do I convince someone who has no first-hand information and delves around for obscure quotations to support his point of view? I am currently engaged in offering financial consultancy and support to young Kashmiri entrepreneurs who are sick and tired of rhetoric and want to get on with their lives. They represent a far more authentic point of view than anything else that I have read in these columns. Except for this year, due to my daughter and grandson being in visiting distance, I have celebrated my birthday in Srinagar or its purlieus, with very dear friends, some of them staunch supporters of azadi; one of them supports his political beliefs as a contractor to the Indian Army. My friends represent every point of view except the violent and the Islamist.

Trust me, I know far more about Kashmir than those (not you) whose vapourings on the subject are composed at a very safe distance from events on the ground. That is why I find these discussions filled with pathos; they are the stubborn resistance to facts of those who are already at variance with reality.

PS: In spite of my extensive connections with the Indian military, I have never taken a single favour from any who are posted there or serve there. My interactions have been purely with Kashmiri civilians.

Sir,

For the simple reason that you depend on your own word of mouth, whereas I visit the state regularly. How do I convince someone who has no first-hand information and delves around for obscure quotations to support his point of view? I am currently engaged in offering financial consultancy and support to young Kashmiri entrepreneurs who are sick and tired of rhetoric and want to get on with their lives. They represent a far more authentic point of view than anything else that I have read in these columns. Except for this year, due to my daughter and grandson being in visiting distance, I have celebrated my birthday in Srinagar or its purlieus, with very dear friends, some of them staunch supporters of azadi; one of them supports his political beliefs as a contractor to the Indian Army. My friends represent every point of view except the violent and the Islamist.

Trust me, I know far more about Kashmir than those (not you) whose vapourings on the subject are composed at a very safe distance from events on the ground. That is why I find these discussions filled with pathos; they are the stubborn resistance to facts of those who are already at variance with reality.

PS: In spite of my extensive connections with the Indian military, I have never taken a single favour from any who are posted there or serve there. My interactions have been purely with Kashmiri civilians.

Sir, I come from a village that had been a part of the state of Jammu and Kashmir historically, and is situated on the Pakistani side of the disputed border currently. I personally have interacted with some people who do have first-hand information, and also with some of those who are at the helm of the affairs and I can tell you with certainty that India has a lot to worry about as the situation in Kashmir is getting worse (for India of course). I won't accuse you of deliberately misrepresenting the situation (or outright reject your contentions) ...... but the words of a former RAW chief definitely carry much more weight .. No ?

Last edited:
Sir, I come from a village that had been a part of the state of Jammu and Kashmir historically, and is situated on the Pakistani side of the disputed border currently. I personally have interacted with some people who do have first-hand information, and also with some of those who are at the helm of the affairs and I can tell you with certainty that India has a lot to worry about as the situation in Kashmir is getting worse. I won't accuse you of deliberately misrepresenting the situation, or right out reject your contention ...... but the words of a former RAW chief definitely carry much more weight .. No ?

Sir,

I prefer to trust my personal interaction, not with some people who have first-hand information, but with the people directly, and not with those who are at the helm of affairs, but with the man in the street. In my book, your privileged access to shadowy sources of information and rumours in the corridors of power are not very strong arguments against meeting youngsters who have done well and who want to do better. Frankly, I know far more about Kashmir as she is today than 99% of those (not you) who scream and shout on this forum from the safe distance of the US, the UK and (strangest) Italy. Most of them are faking it, but it is also these birds of passage who believe that they have something at stake, when in fact, they have nothing.

Sir,

I prefer to trust my personal interaction, not with some people who have first-hand information, but with the people directly, and not with those who are at the helm of affairs, but with the man in the street. In my book, your privileged access to shadowy sources of information and rumours in the corridors of power are not very strong arguments against meeting youngsters who have done well and who want to do better. Frankly, I know far more about Kashmir as she is today than 99% of those (not you) who scream and shout on this forum from the safe distance of the US, the UK and (strangest) Italy. Most of them are faking it, but it is also these birds of passage who believe that they have something at stake, when in fact, they have nothing.
That's is the truth, Kashmiris want peace and prosperity except a few Islamists. It's for both India and Pakistan (more for pakistan) to realise it sooner then later and work for the betterment of Kashmiri people.

Sir,

Not just that, proper kashmiri Muslim youth have now started joining the job stream in mainland India. I was pleasantly surprised when I recieved quite a number of job applications from kashmiri Muslim youth for jobs posted in Bangalore.

Not just that, proper kashmiri Muslim youth have now started joining the job stream in mainland India. I was pleasantly surprised when I recieved quite a number of job applications from kashmiri Muslim youth for jobs posted in Bangalore.

I hope you will agree that they are very bright and intelligent, and make very good material. I have been in the past very deeply satisfied with their performance, and this recent dialogue in which I am engaged makes me confident that they will be assets when given a wider scope of work.

Bangalore and Hyderabad are especially popular, as we have a blessed respite from the depredations of the Sanghis in these two places. Bangalore has been unpleasant to women, Hyderabad to Dalits, but no communalism of the rancid sort that we see in north India. On the other hand, none of the sycophancy that we see in Bengal.

Sir, I expect better from a senior member like yourself.

Why not bring forward counter arguments/facts instead ?

After waking up this morning and thinking over last night's conversation, I have in mind that if there should be a practical outcome to my present discussion on economic opportunities and the nascent business plan that has been proposed to one promising candidate, I should like him to invite you to be an advisor to his planned enterprise, for you to gain first hand access to individuals and to business affairs in these spots, and for him to gain the benefit of your experience and insight.

I hope you will agree that they are very bright and intelligent, and make very good material. I have been in the past very deeply satisfied with their performance, and this recent dialogue in which I am engaged makes me confident that they will be assets when given a wider scope of work.

I have shortlisted a couple for them. I did find them dedicated and bright..one more reason for shortlisting them was because I was curious and desired a larger diversity on the floor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom