What's new

290 deer go ‘missing’ from Lal Suhanra National Park

S.U.R.B.

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
290 deer mysteriously go ‘missing’ from Lal Suhanra National Park

BAHAWALPUR: Around 290 deer have gone missing from the Lal Suhanra National Park in Bahawalpur, where 450 deer were released last year by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Express News reported on Sunday.

According to sources, several people from the management of the park were involved in malpractices, which included giving permission to influential people to illegally hunt the deer.

Some animals were also reportedly sold for around Rs20,000 each.
The recently appointed Assistant Director Wildlife, Mohammad Iqbal, made a report of the missing deer after assuming charge, and forwarded it to the concerned authorities.

Sources added that an investigative committee was also formed to look into the matter but the team included people who were involved in these malpractices.
642816-LalSuhanraNationalPark-1386499904-928-640x480.jpg

Blackbucks and deer at Lal Suhanra National Park PHOTO: NATIVEPAKISTAN.COM
====

Illegal wildlife trade is the 4th most profitable illegal business behind behind drugs, human trafficking and counterfeits.I hope those bastards get their "reward" not just afterwards but in this world as well.With all that illegal trade and hunting we are fast becoming a hub of this
menace.
When there is no value of a human life, conservation of biodiversity of Pakistan is a far-fetched dream.

Damn those rich brats!! How about they run and I chase them in the jeep :angry:

This is sad. This subcontinent is a happy hunting ground for poachers and wild life traders,not just in Pakistan but in India too. They are killing tigers,rhinos,elephants wherever,whenever they want.

This is sad. This subcontinent is a happy hunting ground for poachers and wild life traders,not just in Pakistan but in India too. They are killing tigers,rhinos,elephants wherever,whenever they want.
There needs to be a huge awareness campaign to show the illustrate people that these ANCIENT medicine powders from rhino's horn, tiger paw and whatever are not useful and when the demand decreases so does the poaching...coz a poacher cant earn and that is when he would stop collecting things he cant sell!!

Damn those rich brats!! How about they run and I chase them in the jeep :angry:

You sure will kill them by your looks.:cool:
Beauty kills - So, it's recommended!

.خدا کا عذاب ان پر، ٢٠٠٠٠ کا تو بکرا بھی نہیں ملتا

Another one \/\/\/
470 Turtles Seized at Thai Airport, Smuggler Arrested [Photos]

A Pakistani national identified as Mustafa Ali has been arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok following the discovery of 470 black pond turtles in his four suitcases.

8-11-13-TSEAa.jpg

8-11-13-TSEAb.jpg

It's way more organized than one can think of, when the facilities of illegal sale and purchase are available all around this region.....Call me a pessimist but something out of the ordinary will be required to curtail them.And i don't see it happening in the near future.

You sure will kill them by your looks.:cool:
Beauty kills - So, it's recommended!

.خدا کا عذاب ان پر، ٢٠٠٠٠ کا تو بکرا بھی نہیں ملتا

Another one \/\/\/
470 Turtles Seized at Thai Airport, Smuggler Arrested [Photos]

A Pakistani national identified as Mustafa Ali has been arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok following the discovery of 470 black pond turtles in his four suitcases.

8-11-13-TSEAa.jpg

8-11-13-TSEAb.jpg

It's way more organized than one can think of, when the facilities of illegal sale and purchase are available all around this region.....Call me a pessimist but something out of the ordinary will be required to curtail them.And i don't see it happening in the near future.

Was he stupid? I mean luggage are x-rayed!!

There needs to be a huge awareness campaign to show the illustrate people that these ANCIENT medicine powders from rhino's horn, tiger paw and whatever are not useful and when the demand decreases so does the poaching...coz a poacher cant earn and that is when he would stop collecting things he cant sell!!
This is not easy to achieve. This is in one hand war against culture, war against population growth and war against poverty as well. Multiple enemies with little resources. In India the forest officials are out of weapons,man power with a large poor tribal belt encircling the jungle devouring it up day by day. It is very easy for them to earn a lots of money if they manage to get a rhino's horn or jambo's tusk.

Even today thousands of animals are killed in Siberia and northern China for furs for civilized Europe. This is a war against nature,@Talon ,not going to spare us so easily.

This is not easy to achieve. This is in one hand war against culture, war against population growth and war against poverty as well. Multiple enemies with little resources. In India the forest officials are out of weapons,man power with a large poor tribal belt encircling the jungle devouring it up day by day. It is very easy for them to earn a lots of money if they manage to get a rhino's horn or jambo's tusk.

Even today thousands of animals are killed in Siberia and northern China for furs for civilized Europe. This is a war against nature,@Talon ,not going to spare us so easily.
Well, I am not talking about ending it...I know it is tough but at least reducing it significantly....because honestly speaking we have no idea what happens to the body if you take in powdered rhino's horn or make soup out of tiger's paw :unsure:

Another thing we need to battle is that THE RICH AND FAMOUS...usually are the ones buying things like Artic FOX FUR.....not soo much for remedy but more for display...I think they should be prosecuted as an example that if the rich can be charged what more a mere poacher!

kiya keh saktay hain, yahan tou bc rare cheetah mar ker log picture upload ker dete hain...

I have tried venison.. did not like it. :disagree:
same here..neither I liked its red colour nor its taste... perhaps, my taste buds didnt accept it nor I gave it enough time to adjust..:-) .. For me, there is nothing comparable to Goat meat when it comes to RED meat...I just love it..

Back
Top Bottom