What's new

26 mil. S. Koreans to travel during Lunar New Year (Chinese New Year ) holiday, roads most congested on Sat. and Mon

China has the biggest celebration.
Then Vietnam.
Then S. Korea.
Japan has the smallest (literally called Little New Year).

EDIT: Though I don't know how big is Lunar New Year in N. Korea.
They resume Lunar new year in 1999, and just picked up in rencent 10 or less years..

Isn’t North Korea closer to china than south korea?? I mean in geopolitics

They resume Lunar new year in 1999, and just picked up in rencent 10 or less years..
Definitely a weird move.
Maybe it has something to do with the anti-chinese/rejection of chinese culture in Korean society.

Even the westernized japanese, they just move the holiday to western New Year but they still keep the tradition and the amount of day-off (5 to 7 days), while the koreans cut the New Year day-off short.

Definitely a weird move.
Maybe it has something to do with the anti-chinese/rejection of chinese culture in Korean society.

Even the westernized japanese, they just move the holiday to western New Year but they still keep the tradition and the amount of day-off (5 to 7 days), while the koreans cut the New Year day-off short.
The Vietnamese are with Korean on this one, just got a few messages coming in on Twitter from Vietnamese saying Tet has got nothing to do with Chinese influence, so does the Vietnamese culture.

The Vietnamese are with Korean on this one, just got a few messages coming in on Twitter from Vietnamese saying Tet has got nothing to do with Chinese influence, so does the Vietnamese culture.
I heard of that theory recently, that something in the Analects of Confucius has the Han witnessing the Spring festival from the Yue tribes in the South and learn from them.

I don't care about it though, we are just gonna keep it Tết/Lunar New Year and that's it.

We also don't cut the day-off short (currently it's 7-11 days).

I heard of that theory recently, that something in the Analects of Confucius has the Han witnessing the Spring festival from the Yue tribes in the South and learn from them.

I don't care about it though, we are just gonna keep it Tết/Lunar New Year and that's it.

We also don't cut the day-off short (currently it's 7-11 days).
"Our history has started 4000 years ago and your little knowledge just based on some article or research on the internet makes you think that you understand our history and culture better than the Vietnamese, ancient Vietnamese celebrated Lunar new year (Tet holiday) under reign of Hung King even before China conquered us.”
This is what I received. :D

"Our history has started 4000 years ago and your little knowledge just based on some article or research on the internet makes you think that you understand our history and culture better than the Vietnamese, ancient Vietnamese celebrated Lunar new year (Tet holiday) under reign of Hung King even before China conquered us.”
This is what I received. :D
Why can't we just enjoy the holiday without nationalist bickering?
Me, I'm gonna stay out of it.

Why can't we just enjoy the holiday without nationalist bickering?
Me, I'm gonna stay out of it.
I respect those who deserved, in fact, I am currently pursuing a Vietnam girl, she is cute..:bunny:

in the West koreans insist to use korean lunar new year (去中国化) instead of chinese new year. Is that true?

I respect those who deserved, in fact, I am currently pursuing a Vietnam girl, she is cute..:bunny:
How is it going you virgin, I have heard this since last year. I have had a Chinese girlfriend (she's Hoa) in the past and I don't call her a Chink. If the Vietnamese girl rejects you, are you going to call her a monkey and claim that she copies Chinese culture?? :china:

Untitasdaled-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom