What's new

22% population is undernourished in Pakistan, reveals Global Hunger Index

Malnourished & BPL both are different things..

BRO If you go by national standards Pakistan is doing way worse than India..That doesn't mean we are also doing good.Population estimations are correct in national standard..We both are improving fast..

Pakistan 2013 - 53 mn BPL(29.5%)
India 2011 - 273 mn BPL(21.9%)

Thats not national poverty line , its Multi - dimensional poverty index by UNDP .

Thats not national poverty line , its Multi - dimensional poverty index by UNDP .
povertydata.worldbank.orgg/poverty/country/PAK
Here is is mentioned as national standard though..

povertydata.worldbank.orgg/poverty/country/PAK
Here is is mentioned as national standard though..

There are three types of poverty count . World bank per head at $1.90 , MPI and national poverty line . India 's world bank head count and MPI both are higher than Pakistan.

Summary of this thread: Two beggarly nations trying to one up each other to the amusement of the rest of the world: "We may be hungry, poor and malnourished, but as long as it is less than the other, it is all right."

Like I said before make me South Asia director at IFPR and place @PAKISTANFOREVER as my assistant and we would have reports showing Indian's eating out of latrines. I went over to the not so friendly World Bank which is not above 'bending' truth but it is not so pliable as some one bit IFPR. World Bank also relies on one standard benchmark and therefore it is not so easy to manipulate. That is it uses $1.90 threshold. Anybody with income below that is considered to be in state of poverty. Here are the raw facts. Brace yourselves for this girls and boys.

India > Poverty headcount ratio at $1.90 a day (2011 PPP) (% of population) 31.1% 2009 21.2% 2011

Pakistan > Poverty headcount ratio at $1.90 a day (2011 PPP) (% of population) 7.9% 2011 6.1% 2013

Yes, guys. Humpy Ganga India has 21% of it's population starving with Pakistan at 7.9%. Compare now will you? Now those of you who visit Pakistan like I do can relate to the 7.9% although honestly that figure in my region is far lower than that but I know in Sindh they have pockets of poverty near the Indian border (is poverty infectious).

Link > http://povertydata.worldbank.org/poverty/country/PAK
Link > http://povertydata.worldbank.org/poverty/country/IND

* To all the Pakistani's here. Let this be a lesson. In the world reality rarely cuts any ice. Perception does. Perception is a product like any other. It is manufactured. Like any manufacture those who are in positions of power get to shape it. Right now whether you like it or not the West is the primary maker of perception. What is shouts reverbates all across the globe. The centre of all of this is America. Nothing is going to chamnge this order for another four decades at least.

Therefore Pakistani's need to f*ckin lay off the anti American, anti Israeli, anti Western rhetotioc. In fact I would appeal to Pakistani's to please stop that. You have no beef with them. They are not your enemies. Yes they hold negative opinions of you but that is our fault. We need to fix that, not make it even worse. If Pakistani's don't do this you will merely encourage a stronger West-Isreal-India trioka. Whilst you can't change geopolitics but you can do everything to reduce the negative energy.

Pakistani's also need to drop the "Muslim" this and that rubbish. Learn from the Turks. Contrary to what people think I am not against Islam. Many members here like @Markus know where I stand with regard to that. Indeed my own nephew is so religious that he will pray on the side of motorway service station and with shaved head, full on beard, shalwar kameez cuts a figure of Chechen Islamics warrior and I love that lad. But you have act as Pakistani's always even while you have your head bowed to the almighty. We got brain. Use it.

If Pakistan does not then every year you will see more reports like this poring out forth with closet Indians paddling away furiously spreading the muck. You can shout all you like but lies can become perception. We know about Iraq and WMD's to know that.

So please play smart. We know the dirtiest, filthiest, starving cesspool is in Ganga India. But that does not mean much if the world thinks we are the pit!

Bro, it would be a absolute privilege and pleasure

There are three types of poverty count . World bank per head at $1.90 , MPI and national poverty line . India 's world bank head count and MPI both are higher than Pakistan.

Exactly:

Poverty & Equity Data  South Asia  The World Bank.png

$1.90 or less a day:

Pakistan: 7.9%

Bangladesh: 18.5%

India: 21.2%

$3.10 or less a day:

Pakistan: 43.6%

Bangladesh: 56.8%

India: 58%

http://povertydata.worldbank.org/poverty/region/SAS

Malnourished & BPL both are different things..

BRO If you go by national standards Pakistan is doing way worse than India..That doesn't mean we are also doing good.Population estimations are correct in national standard.National poverty line indicates the relevant & appropriate poverty line indicator of any nation where in International poverty line is considered in context all countries whether rich or poor for the sake of just measuring.We both are improving fast..

Pakistan 2013 - 53 mn BPL(29.5%)
India 2011 - 273 mn BPL(21.9%)

So 21.9% of poor indians is equal to 33-40% of the ENTIRE world's most severely malnourished and extreme poor:

http://m.firstpost.com/india/shocke...t-of-worlds-malnourished-children-916359.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-28735449

Someone is obviously lying somewhere. If not than please explain the discrepancy.

LA se KaraIndicators 8819321 said:
Exactly:

View attachment 344113

$1.90 or less a day:

Pakistan: 7.9%

Bangladesh: 18.5%

India: 21.2%

$3.10 or less a day:

Pakistan: 43.6%

Bangladesh: 56.8%

India: 58%

http://povertydata.worldbank.org/poverty/region/SAS

This is based on 2011.. The scenario changed a lot now..

Like I said before make me South Asia director at IFPR and place @PAKISTANFOREVER as my assistant and we would have reports showing Indian's eating out of latrines. I went over to the not so friendly World Bank which is not above 'bending' truth but it is not so pliable as some one bit IFPR. World Bank also relies on one standard benchmark and therefore it is not so easy to manipulate. That is it uses $1.90 threshold. Anybody with income below that is considered to be in state of poverty. Here are the raw facts. Brace yourselves for this girls and boys.

India > Poverty headcount ratio at $1.90 a day (2011 PPP) (% of population) 31.1% 2009 21.2% 2011

Pakistan > Poverty headcount ratio at $1.90 a day (2011 PPP) (% of population) 7.9% 2011 6.1% 2013

Yes, guys. Humpy Ganga India has 21% of it's population starving with Pakistan at 7.9%. Compare now will you? Now those of you who visit Pakistan like I do can relate to the 7.9% although honestly that figure in my region is far lower than that but I know in Sindh they have pockets of poverty near the Indian border (is poverty infectious).

Link > http://povertydata.worldbank.org/poverty/country/PAK
Link > http://povertydata.worldbank.org/poverty/country/IND

* To all the Pakistani's here. Let this be a lesson. In the world reality rarely cuts any ice. Perception does. Perception is a product like any other. It is manufactured. Like any manufacture those who are in positions of power get to shape it. Right now whether you like it or not the West is the primary maker of perception. What is shouts reverbates all across the globe. The centre of all of this is America. Nothing is going to chamnge this order for another four decades at least.

Therefore Pakistani's need to f*ckin lay off the anti American, anti Israeli, anti Western rhetotioc. In fact I would appeal to Pakistani's to please stop that. You have no beef with them. They are not your enemies. Yes they hold negative opinions of you but that is our fault. We need to fix that, not make it even worse. If Pakistani's don't do this you will merely encourage a stronger West-Isreal-India trioka. Whilst you can't change geopolitics but you can do everything to reduce the negative energy.

Pakistani's also need to drop the "Muslim" this and that rubbish. Learn from the Turks. Contrary to what people think I am not against Islam. Many members here like @Markus know where I stand with regard to that. Indeed my own nephew is so religious that he will pray on the side of motorway service station and with shaved head, full on beard, shalwar kameez cuts a figure of Chechen Islamics warrior and I love that lad. But you have act as Pakistani's always even while you have your head bowed to the almighty. We got brain. Use it.

If Pakistan does not then every year you will see more reports like this poring out forth with closet Indians paddling away furiously spreading the muck. You can shout all you like but lies can become perception. We know about Iraq and WMD's to know that.

So please play smart. We know the dirtiest, filthiest, starving cesspool is in Ganga India. But that does not mean much if the world thinks we are the pit!
Hello.. Think tank.. The same world Bank report you quoted states that under nourished in Pakistan is 22%, while in India is 15%.. Do you want the link..
But one difference poverty figures are 2011 based while under nourished figure is 2015 based..

Will give you each and every link..
Most updated figures by World Bank published in this month
World Development Indicators 2016
http://data.worldbank.org/products/wdi

Now your poverty numbers based on 2011..
http://wdi.worldbank.org/table/2.8

Now under nourishment figures based on 2015..
http://wdi.worldbank.org/table/2.18

These poverty figures are much changed..
Refer 2015 estimated report by World Bank, which shows only 12 % poverty in India.. Also check the world Bank report about poverty increase in Pakistan..

Last edited:

stopping the anti American, anti Israeli, anti Western rhetoric is not enough. some actions have to stop too.

I would suggest people do not quote MPI figures because they have clearly stated the data they use for India comes from 2005....whereas that for Pakistan and BD are from 2013 and 2014 I believe.

Secondly World Bank poverty analysis is in transition right now, we must give it a few years so that all countries are standardised to MMRP or best available method. Right now its all over the place even with the PPP threshold being updated from 1.25 to 1.9. Its the methodology that matters (and its standardisation) more than the actual level that is somewhat arbitrarily chosen (i.e is someone earning 2.00 PPP per day suddenly not extremely poor?)

The 21% being quoted by few people here for Indian poverty in 2011 has two issues: Its quoted for 2011 and the World Bank has outright stated it was much lower given it uses a worse method (URP). When MMRP is used that rate fell to 12%. It is also worth noting that a fall in poverty rate by improving the method to MMRP from URP is not guaranteed....so we will have to wait and see what effects it has on poverty rate data over the next few years.

and about 44% are overnourished! (Sarcasm).

When I visit Pakistan, I am appalled at the general appearance of the common man. Either you have dysmorphic, disproportioned skinny people or fat people. It is not so common to see a fit and athletic common man.

I am not saying that I am built like an athlete or have a face of a model, but it is just a general impression.
It depends honestly. The youth seem pretty "in-shape" for me while old men seem to be mostly obese.

nope in azad kashmir they over eating. work wise very lazy. too lose that curry belly trust it works on pakistanis try
lime and lemon cut in pieces in water and drink. try the fusion bottle bpa free.

So 21.9% of poor indians is equal to 33-40% of the ENTIRE world's most severely malnourished and extreme poor:

Someone is obviously lying somewhere. If not than please explain the discrepancy.
Are you an Idiot?
International BPL standard & national poverty standard are different.

Summary of this thread: Two beggarly nations trying to one up each other to the amusement of the rest of the world: "We may be hungry, poor and malnourished, but as long as it is less than the other, it is all right."
why r u surprised,,its the regular tamasha.
Whats more funny is the blatant denial by few citing Gangalander conspiracy :D

Back
Top Bottom