What's new

2014.12 China Navy already own 23x DDGs + 65x FFGs, PLAN warship list

cnleio

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Here find out a China Navy warship list (names) on internet. Until to 2014.12.1 currently PLAN already own 23x DDGs and 65x FFGs, unincluding sea trial warships, sure
next months there'r many new 052C/D & 054A & 056 will add on the list. :-)

180333meeeltlmzptg1lga.jpg

But ... :disagree:

In DDG fleet total 23x, there'r 7x old 051 DDGs built in 1980s need to retire from PLAN, also 4x Russia 956E/M DDGs need modern update. Future PLAN need to replace at least 7x old DDGs by new 052C/D, next year sea trial new 2x 052C and sea trial new 1x 052D + several building 052D DDGs will join the Navy.

In FFG fleet total 65x, there'r 18x early version 053H/H1/H1G/H2/H2G FFGs will need to retire or modern update from PLAN (Maybe retired FFGs can join China Coast Guard fleet). Next year sea trial new 4x 054A FFGs and many building 056 Coverttes will join the Navy.

So next few years, China Navy's DDG numbers will increase, FFG numbers will decrease but quality up ! :coffee:

Last edited:
Even you omit the old ships, PLAN still exceed other countries in term of modern warship by large margins compare to any of the Asian countries.

We are the leadership of Asia, so i've got no surprise. I think China in the future shall have at least operational 50 plus DDG, that's the number compatiable to our status.

With 50 plus DDG and 100 plus FFG(not to mention the increasing number of SSk and SSBM/SSN), who the fck could topple CHIna in the south China sea? CHina navy will be a formidable navy by year 2025, we will have at least 3 operationa 80000 tons plus carriers by then. The YJ18 ASM is a killing machine!

Don't forget our cruiser. Just 8 of them in service will be a fonce to reckon for any national fleet.

With 50 plus DDG and 100 plus FFG(not to mention the increasing number of SSk and SSBM/SSN), who the fck could topple CHIna in the south China sea? CHina navy will be a formidable navy by year 2025, we will have at least 3 operationa 80000 tons plus carriers by then. The YJ18 ASM is a killing machine!
I say right now we lack enough air-defense DDGs like 052C/D, until to 2014.12 there'r only 5x in PLAN ... rest still under building it need time maybe many years later.

So ... even reach the 50 plus plan with good quality and replace whole old, that need at least 10 years. Well if China economy still okay and future CSSC keep building 3~5x 052D or 055 DDGs each year. Sure it can work !!!

Now China need to build extra 052D to replace old 051 DDGs.
120525231128220eafc444b784.jpg

Last edited:
I say right now we lack enough air-defense DDGs like 052C/D, until to 2014.12 there'r only 5x in PLAN ... rest still under building it need time maybe many years later.

So ... eve reach the 50 plus plan with good quality and replace whole old, that need at least 10 years. Well if China economy still okay and future CSSC keep building 3~5x 052D or 055 DDGs each year. Sure it can work !!!

View attachment 159609
It just a matter of time, we will be stronger every year.

So ... eve reach the 50 plus plan with good quality and replace whole old, that need at least 10 years. Well if China economy still okay and future CSSC keep building 3~5x 052D or 055 DDGs each year. Sure it can work !!!

View attachment 159609
Until now, we are still not very sure of the capabilities of HQ-16 onboard 054A frigate. Few years ago, I read thru a Chinese report saying the HQ-16 onboard 054A is in fact capable of carrying out air defense role. Not sure how true is it. And one thing for sure the VLS onboard 054A is quite a multi role capable of firing ASROC. There may be more capabilities which we never know.

Until now, we are still not very sure of the capabilities of HQ-16 onboard 054A frigate. Few years ago, I read thru a Chinese report saying the HQ-16 onboard 054A is in fact capable of carrying out air defense role. Not sure how true is it. And one thing for sure the VLS onboard 054A is quite a multi role capable of firing ASROC. There may be more capabilities which we never know.
HQ26 in the making, don't worry my brother.

cmon g
Here find out a China Navy warship list (names) on internet. Until to 2014.12.1 currently PLAN already own 23x DDGs and 65x FFGs, unincluding sea trial warships, sure
next months there'r many new 052C/D & 054A & 056 will add on the list. :-)

View attachment 159501

Nice chart!

Just a couple of observations!

1/ 4 052C's are listed as active...........which brings me to the question, has 052C '152' been commissioned or not?

The vessel has had its pennant number on now for quite a long time now, and some say the vessel was commissioned this summer.............BUT I havnt seen any news whatsoever of this event. If '152' hasn't joined the fleet, why is it taking so long for the ship to get commissioned, and this also applies to the 6th vessel '153' of the 052C class.

2/ Regarding the ancient 'Luda' class Destroyers, I believe one was recently decommissioned, bringing the total down to 6 active vessels.

I have other questions, but these will suffice for now! :-):sniper:

cmon g

Nice chart!

Just a couple of observations!

1/ 4 052C's are listed as active...........which brings me to the question, has 052C '152' been commissioned or not?

The vessel has had its pennant number on now for quite a long time now, and some say the vessel was commissioned this summer.............BUT I havnt seen any news whatsoever of this event. If '152' hasn't joined the fleet, why is it taking so long for the ship to get commissioned, and this also applies to the 6th vessel '153' of the 052C class.

2/ Regarding the ancient 'Luda' class Destroyers, I believe one was recently decommissioned, bringing the total down to 6 active vessels.

I have other questions, but these will suffice for now! :-):sniper:
1. No '152' commissioned pic yet, but news said 5th 052C '152' had joint PLAN East Sea Fleet in 2014.6.27
052C.jpg

2. Correct. One 051 DGG N.o163 "NanChang / 南昌" retired in 2010.03, now only still 6x 051 in PLAN. It's 1st DDG named by my hometown city, as far as i knew next years a new 052D will name "NanChang / 南昌" again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom