What's new

2010-2012 Saudi Shopping Spree: F-15s, Helicopters & More

"The THAAD project, originally known as the Theater High Altitude Area Defense system, began in 1992 when the Missile Defense Agency awarded a $689 million development contract to Lockheed Martin and subcontractors Raytheon, Datatape, and EBCO. Initial successes were encouraging. In the late 1990s, however, THAAD missed six out of eight of its attempted intercepts, and many dismissed the project as an expensive failure. MDA decided to backtrack. Between 2000 and 2003, THAAD engineers reworked the entire system and fixed many of its inherent problems and redundancies."

A 75 percent miss ratio, that's pathetic! And god knows what "reworked" really means. The entire thing is an expensive joke, but they somehow convinced you arabs.

A 75 percent miss ratio under perfect conditions. In a battle scenario, even if it hits one it would be lucky. At best this system might be able to save one power plant if it's lucky.

btw, the miserable 2/8 rate was achieved in a controlled environment against singular ballistic missile tagets. At time of war, Iran will fire a platora of different missiles (Qiam, fateh, Zelzal etc...) and even a 2/8 cannot be achieved.

The Terminal High Altitude
Area Defense (THAAD)
System is an upper-tier
element of the terminal
portion of the Missile Defense
Agency’s Ballistic Missile
Defense System. The higher
altitude and regionwide
protection furnished by the
THAAD System in conjunction
with the lower tier
defenses, such as Patriot and
sea-based missile defense
systems, provide missile
defense of critical and high
value assets.

The THAAD program office
is developing a complete, integrated
weapon system consisting
of launchers, missiles, fire
control and communications,
and radars. The THAAD missile
employs kinetic energy,
hit-to-kill, rather than an
explosive warhead technology
to destroy the target.
The
THAAD Radar is an X-band,
phased array, solid-state radar.
The radar design delivers high
power output and exceptional
beam/waveform agility in
order to support the long
range functional requirements
of the THAAD mission. The
THAAD components work
in concert to detect, assign
and destroy incoming short
to medium and intermediate
range ballistic missiles.

Lockheed Martin is the prime
contractor and systems integrator
for the THAAD System.
Raytheon provides the Radar
and jointly develops the
THAAD fire control and
communications software with
the prime contractor. It also
delivers the FCC shelters and
supports Weapon Systems
Engineering and Test
Engineering

75% miss ratio < is this a jock

The Legend, are we going to turn this thread into a troll fest or what? You know me man, I'm always ready to go toe to toe when it comes to meaningless troll wars.

I gave you facts and figures, you respond by highlighting a copy paste piece of what THAAD is designed to accomplish. The manufacturers themselves state that the THAAD system cannot achieve better than a 2/8 ratio under a controlled environment against SINGULAR missile targets.

But the most important question is that being the custodian of Mecca and Madina, which Muslim country will attack SA for which SA is spenidng so much money on its military?...Where is the threat that SA is getting? ....Looks strange to me knowing that without any substantial threat perception, why any country will spend such a big money on defence?

yeah it's very weird. As I said, even at war Iran and Israel weren't spending 10-12 percent on military. Doesn't matter how much money you have (Saudis are still a developing country at best), 10 percent will simply make you bankrupt in the end.

I don't think they see Iran as a threat, their leaders I mean, but they sell the idea of a dangerous Iran to their citizens to justify this extreme spending. The Americans are honestly using the GCC as a funding source for all their random projects. This THAAD missile defence for example is nothing short of a failure, but they somehow managed to convince the arabs to fund the project.

8_060.gif

Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies, of Allah and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom Allah doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the Cause of Allah, shall be repaid unto you, and ye shall not be treated unjustly.

The Legend, are we going to turn this thread into a troll fest or what? You know me man, I'm always ready to go toe to toe when it comes to meaningless troll wars.

I gave you facts and figures, you respond by highlighting a copy paste piece of what THAAD is designed to accomplish. The manufacturers themselves state that the THAAD system cannot achieve better than a 2/8 ratio under a controlled environment against SINGULAR missile targets.

source please

8_060.gif

Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power, including steeds of war, to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies, of Allah and your enemies, and others besides, whom ye may not know, but whom Allah doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the Cause of Allah, shall be repaid unto you, and ye shall not be treated unjustly.

It is very clear who is actually scared and stockpiling western weapons..And who called in US Navy after being made sh_tless scared by Saddam.

...This THAAD missile defence for example is nothing short of a failure, but they somehow managed to convince the arabs to fund the project.

Inaccurate. Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) possesses the same efficacy as the Arrow or Hetz. Jointly developed by the USA and Israel.

Citation Wikipedia:

Arrow (anti-ballistic missiles)

According to Dov Raviv, a senior developer dubbed "the father of the Arrow anti-ballistic missile", a single Arrow interceptor has a 90 percent probability of destroying a target missile at the highest altitude possible. In case of failure two more interceptors can be launched towards the target at short time intervals. If the first of these destroys the target, the second can be directed to another target. Using this technique, three independent interception possibilities are provided which raise the interception probability from 90 percent to 99.9 percent, thus satisfying the leakage rate requirement. The Arrow also has the capability to simultaneously intercept a salvo of more than five incoming missiles, with the target missiles arriving within a 30-second span. Such capability is currently possessed only by the United States and Russia. According to Raviv, the Arrow can discriminate between a warhead and a decoy.

Link &#8220;Missile Defense and Israel&#8217;s Deterrence against a Nuclear Iran(PDF)&#8221;:

http://www.inss.org.il/upload/%28FILE%291216205936.pdf

Arrow-2 ASIP Intercepts a Ballistic Missile Target - YouTube

Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD)

Demonstration-Validation Phase

Success of November 2005 to October 2011

Link: Terminal High Altitude Area Defense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAIS3HUdJ8M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9079GWS0hfU

Whatever rocks your socks:triniti:

And out of all the countries Saudi happen to revive their old Persian obsession..Sounds like after Assad Babil, we are going to see another episode of Assad Najd..Viva le US imperialism once again!

Trying to fight a war against a country wit 5000 years history of civilization versus 5000 years history of ignorance~!

And out of all the countries Saudi happen to revive their old Persian obsession..Sounds like after Assad Babil, we are going to see another episode of Assad Najd..Viva le US imperialism once again!

Trying to fight a war against a country wit 5000 years history of civilization versus 5000 years history of ignorance~!

no one is fighting anyone so chill> its just we feel itchy a lot of money we have >lets just give them out :bunny:

Inaccurate. Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) possesses the same efficacy as the Arrow or Hetz. Jointly developed by the USA and Israel.

Citation Wikipedia:

Saudis have to rely on US and Israel's analysts. Saudis didn't have their own data and independent reports. :tup:

It is not effectives against multi-missiles attacks, MIRVs and speedy missiles. Again, Saudi doesn't have major enemy, it is wasting money. Yemen?

I find surprising you are happy, Saudi is along with US, Israel and Europe against Muslims countries especially Iran. Pakistan wouldn't tolerate Saudi behaviors, don't forget in fact 11 terrorists on 9/11 were proud Saudi terrorists.

Saudis have to rely on US and Israel's analysts. Saudis didn't have their own data and independent reports. :tup:

It is not effectives against multi-missiles attacks, MIRVs and speedy missiles. Again, Saudi doesn't have major enemy, it is wasting money. Yemen?

I find surprising you are happy, Saudi is along with US, Israel and Europe against Muslims countries especially Iran. Pakistan wouldn't tolerate Saudi behaviors, don't forget in fact 11 terrorists on 9/11 were proud Saudi terrorists.

who cares what is your thinking> saudi arabia buy weapons from different countries not only the US. our enemy is ur enemy> but we are smart enough not to leave a chance> keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

who cares what is your thinking> saudi arabia buy weapons from different countries not only the US. our enemy is ur enemy> but we are smart enough not to leave a chance> keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Yeah, it is up to you to purchase whatever you need urgently and urgently without experiment it or data reports. Saudi didn't purchase any products made from Pakistan. I know you are smart my friend, why called Pakistan Army to control Bahrain populations? Does it stop them in using your fancy equipments?

Allah created you wisdom people and make you born Saudi citizen, so you called other Muslim countries your enemy, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, whosever? When will Allah decide to punish them? What's the point of Mekkah and Medinah brotherhood?

Saudis have to rely on US and Israel's analysts. Saudis didn't have their own data and independent reports.

It is not effectives against multi-missiles attacks, MIRVs and speedy missiles.

These reports are &#8220;facts&#8221; about multiple tests successful missile interception. A weapon is developed to be effective and achieve the purpose for which it was designed, otherwise it is useless.

Iran does not have MIRV (multiple independently targetable re-entry vehicle) technology (only means capable of such a system against square) and yes, even if you do not like, THAAD is well effective against multi-missiles attacks and speedy missiles.

Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) possesses the same efficacy as the Arrow or Hetz. Jointly developed by the USA and Israel.

Citation Wikipedia:

Arrow (anti-ballistic missiles)

According to Dov Raviv, a senior developer dubbed "the father of the Arrow anti-ballistic missile", a single Arrow interceptor has a 90 percent probability of destroying a target missile at the highest altitude possible. In case of failure two more interceptors can be launched towards the target at short time intervals. If the first of these destroys the target, the second can be directed to another target. Using this technique, three independent interception possibilities are provided which raise the interception probability from 90 percent to 99.9 percent, thus satisfying the leakage rate requirement. The Arrow also has the capability to simultaneously intercept a salvo of more than five incoming missiles, with the target missiles arriving within a 30-second span. Such capability is currently possessed only by the United States and Russia. According to Raviv, the Arrow can discriminate between a warhead and a decoy.

Link &#8220;Missile Defense and Israel&#8217;s Deterrence against a Nuclear Iran(PDF)&#8221;:

http://www.inss.org.il/upload/%28FILE%291216205936.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOF5YmPcuWM

THAAD multiple missile interception

THAAD Terminal High Altitude Area Defense missile system United States US Army Lockheed Martin - YouTube!

Yeah, it is up to you to purchase whatever you need urgently and urgently without experiment it or data reports. Saudi didn't purchase any products made from Pakistan. I know you are smart my friend, why called Pakistan Army to control Bahrain populations? Does it stop them in using your fancy equipments?

Allah created you wisdom people and make you born Saudi citizen, so you called other Muslim countries your enemy, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, whosever? When will Allah decide to punish them? What's the point of Mekkah and Medinah brotherhood?

i didn't call any Muslims nation an enemy > its seems like you misunderstood what i mean by keep your friends close and your enemy closer. regarding you Q > saudi arabia has bought long and short range missile in 2011 > pakistan-saudi deal worth up to 700 million dollars. oh i forgot pakistan is now involving in the GCC defense shields project.

These reports are &#8220;facts&#8221; about multiple tests successful missile interception. A weapon is developed to be effective and achieve the purpose for which it was designed, otherwise it is useless.

Iran does not have MIRV (multiple independently targetable re-entry vehicle) technology (only means capable of such a system against square) and yes, even if you do not like, THAAD is well effective against multi-missiles attacks and speedy missiles.

THAAD multiple missile interception

THAAD Terminal High Altitude Area Defense missile system United States US Army Lockheed Martin - YouTube!

If you feel secure of this superb missiles that's fine, I am not saying someone will attack your country. Come on, Muslims and Muslims in this century became enemies of each other, is that your achievement to pride about Thaad missiles ?? Saudi still feel proud of what?

Back
Top Bottom