2. Guwahati - Tawang - Countless times.
3. Delhi - Leh
4. Bangalore - Coorg
5. Bombay - Goa
6. Mysore - Ooty
7. Coimbatore - Metupaluyam - Ooty
8. Dehi - Udaipur - Ahmedabad - Bombay- Goa- Mangalore - Coorg

.. and so many more.

Just one piece of advice- dont fix timelines or stops to a road trip - Go with the flow stop as you please. Timelines blur the trip.

Vadodra Ahemdabad Highway (National Expressway or NE-1)
IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

Mumbai Ahemdabad New Delhi Highway (National Highway or NH-8)
Busiest highway in sub-continent.
IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1109.JPG

That itself is an experience (reserve forest) there are 2 routes, one which goes thru goodallur, the shorter one deviating from muthumailai...... Have tried both routes...... Amazing drive.....

Of course that was an experience when we ran into a group of wild elephants standing on the road and had to turn our bikes and run back to the nearest check point and waited for a bus to come and we had to go behind that bus in our bikes for a cover...god that is something I will never forget...but still enjoyed the trip....

Niligiris is my home away from home or can call it as second home....beautiful place....

Of course that was an experience when we ran into a group of wild elephants standing on the road and had to turn our bikes and run back to the nearest check point and waited for a bus to come and we had to go behind that bus in our bikes for a cover...god that is something I will never forget...but still enjoyed the trip....

Niligiris is my home away from home or can call it as second home....beautiful place....

There is a video in Youtube, where in one elephant attacking a KSRTC bus - This happened in the other part of bandipoor, that is between gundalpet and muthanga.... that stretch is amazing...... I have traveled in almost all the routes of bandipoor, muthanga - gundalpet, Gundalpet-goodallur, chamarajnagar-sathyamangalam - Coimbatore, Hunsur -kotta-mananthavadi.....Amazing routes.....

Anyone travelled in Goa - Mangalore, That is another stretch which i found interesting..... roads are narrow......

Hubli - Goa is also interesting, thru dandeli forests......

Last edited:

I have done the bangalore to Munnar route a dozen times, there's 50 kms of complete tea estate on hilly terrain, 3 national parks - yannaimudi, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv gandhi national forest after we exit Udumalpet.

Added interests are that one normally drives in isolation without any traffic either sides, one can see wild elephants, and the route passes through numerous mountain ranges. This was prime Veerappan territory when he was alive.

Other routes from the ten i have driven through are - Mumbai to Goa, Bangalore to Coorg and Pondichery to Chennai, but the one I like the most is Bangalore to Goa via Shimoga - have done that like 200 times and I am so accustomed to it that I suspect I can drive through with my eyes closed.

Haven't taken any road trip...
I travel only in train :p:

Have been to Kolkata,puri,Jaipur,mount abu,Delhi,dehradun,Hyderabad,Bangalore,Jammu...

Planning for goa in April

Road trip luks fun...Will soon try some trip :taz:

Nice thread :tup:

I have taken a road trip from Jaisalmer to Jodhpur in 2010... one of the most cherishing memories of my life... but anyways if you ask me about my most memorable ....it would be from Dwarka to Somnath in Gujarat and then to Diu.... (240kms + 90)....

Vadodra Ahemdabad Highway (National Expressway or NE-1)
View attachment 132403

View attachment 132404

Mumbai Ahemdabad New Delhi Highway (National Highway or NH-8)
Busiest highway in sub-continent.
View attachment 132409

View attachment 132410
I have been to Dakor- vadodara highway.. but another one worth mentioning should be from Udaypur to Mount abu....or from Udaypur to Abu road sahar then to Ambaji....

I have taken a road trip from Jaisalmer to Jodhpur in 2010... one of the most cherishing memories of my life... but anyways if you ask me about my most memorable ....it would be from Dwarka to Somnath in Gujarat and then to Diu.... (240kms + 90)....

I have been to Dakor- vadodara highway.. but another one worth mentioning should be from Udaypur to Mount abu....or from Udaypur to Abu road sahar then to Ambaji....

Bhai Gujarati Lago Cho, Kem cho

Well In Gujarat Almost all highways condition, are extremely good. From Baroda, to Ahmedabad to Mehsana, to Palanpur to Abu (direct and not via AMBAJ) is good highway, even from ambaji its good. However from Baroda to Ankleshwar its six lain good highway with less traffic but from Ankleshwar to Surat Heavy Traffic and mostly of Trucks. However the condition of Roads are good enough. But From Ankleshwar to Surat, on Narmada Bridge there is only One Bridge is good, other is in bad condition, It was closed for the Trucks, but later on started for trucks of Four wheels, But Heavy trucks more than Six axels are passing on it, the experience is so danger, that bridge is shaken, the front truck vibrate the bridge and behind vehicle are also feel that vibration, hope no Accident will occur, new highway bridge is ordered to built, but nothing is yet seen their. Even Ahmedabad to Rajkot highway is good, the Four lain highway, stops no. of accident on the Highway, other wise before there was one accedent news every weak which is not so now. So In Gujarat The condition of highway is Good, and Hence

AS Amitabh Said "Ek bar to aiye Gujarat Main" (gujarat Tourism)

My recent trip... can someone Guess this place?:)

Attachments

• 1413389148057.jpg
    1413389148057.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom