What's new

2 yrs after murder and rape victim exhumed

sparklingway

Reaction score
Remains of girl exhumed, two years after ‘rape, murder’
By Imran Ayub
Thursday, 01 Jul, 2010

KARACHI: Startling disclosures made by two suspects arrested for possessing unlicensed weapons to interrogators led police to discover on Wednesday the remains of a 20-year-old girl buried in the room of an abandoned house along the Malir River, police said.

They added that the two men — out on bail prior to their arrest — told police investigators that they had raped the girl before strangling her to death over two years ago.

The disclosure came as a shock to the investigators of the Zaman Town police station, who had been grilling the suspects about their alleged nexus with arms dealers and gangs of robbers since the arrest of the two friends on June 13 and 15.

Following the shocking admissions, the investigation officer filed an application in the court of the Malir district and sessions judge for the disinterment of the victim’s body.

The court directed the special magistrate of the Bin Qasim Town, Ghulam Qadir Chandio, to supervise the disinterment.

Acting on the information the suspects had provided to the investigators, the police along with a four-member team of doctors headed by police surgeon Dr Hamid Pariyar, medico-legal officers and the special magistrate visited the house located in the Chakwal Chowk area of Madina Town — a low-income neighbourhood along the Malir River within the remit of the Shah Latif police station.

After nearly five hours of efforts, a gunny bag wrapped with a scarf — which was about six feet under the ground — was finally dug up. The team of doctors comprising Dr Hamid Pariyar, Dr Farhat Mirza, Dr Abdul Haq and Dr Farida Ayaz took out the bag containing the remains of the girl.

They collected samples for an analysis to determine the cause of her death and the nature of torture that she allegedly underwent in the four-day captivity of the two suspects. The doctors said it would take a few days before they reached any conclusion.

Findings

“According to the two suspects, the girl hailed from Dera Ghazi Khan,” said Sub-Inspector Rana Mohammad Muneer, the investigation officer.

“She became friends with one of them over the phone and, unbeknownst to her family, came to Karachi with a view to getting married.”

According to the police, the girl came to Karachi by bus to see the suspect and he proposed to her in December 2007.

The suspect, instead of marrying her, took her to a rented home of his friend. They kept her there for four days. During her stay, they raped her and tortured her when she resisted, the police said.

They added that when the suspects found no way of getting rid of her, they strangled her to death and buried her in the same house.

The police said the crime remained uncovered until one of the suspects got arrested in Korangi’s 51-C for possessing a shotgun and more than a dozen rounds.

On a lead provided by him, the police arrested his accomplice in the same area a couple of days later.

They booked the two suspects in separate cases (FIR Nos 323 and 325/2010) under Section 13-D of the Pakistan Arms Ordinance, 1965.

Investigation officer Sub-Inspector Rao Mohammad Muneer said: “We are aware of the fact that the two men are professional criminals and have been arrested several times in the past in the SITE, Landhi, Gulistan-i-Jauhar, and Korangi areas on charges of robberies, arms trafficking and vehicles snatching.”

“They recently came out of jail on bail in robbery cases. Because of their criminal record, they always remain under police watch. But the disclosures they made this time — in response to queries about their recent hideouts — left everyone startled.”

Locating victim’s family

Meanwhile, the investigators are waiting for a response from the Dera Ghazi Khan police who have been requested to find the record of missing girls from the district since 2007.

“The district police office has been formally informed about the incident. They have promised to get back to us as soon as they find any clue to the girl,” the investigation officer said.

Amid police efforts to trace links to the victim’s family, the doctors started their investigation to find the way the alleged crime was committed.

Police Surgeon Dr Hamid Pariya said: “The body was almost decomposed and we only managed to find bones and bunches of hair. Our exercise lasted for more than four hours. Through the analysis of the samples which we have obtained, we will hopefully determine if the girl was really subjected to rape and torture. The chemical examination will also look into the reasons of her death in line with the claims that she was strangled to death.”

FIR registered

On Wednesday night, a case (FIR No 481/2010) was registered against the two suspects at the Shah Latif police station under Sections 201 (causing disappearance of evidence of offence), 302 (premeditated murder) and 34 (common intention) of the Pakistan Penal Code on the complaint of Sub-Inspector Muneer.

“If sexual assault is proved through the chemical examination, the relevant sections of the penal code will be incorporated in the FIR,” said the investigation officer.

It is disgusting and inhumane , these two if found fuilty and prooven should be given a punishment fit for the crime and treated like the dogs that they are, as for teh girls familie poor people what can they say and how will they be identified as it is like a stigma in society and shame, but may They get Sabr.

Human cruelty and our feral demons never cease to surprise me anyone. The barbaric dogs should be dealt the maximum penalty for taking advantage of a innocent woman and depriving her of her life and chastity.

Words fail to describe the emotions i feel when such incidents are publicised.

Most People after reading this will be most likely say *Good thing the girl got what she deserved for having a affair instead of arrange marriage.

☪☪☪☪;967248 said:
Most People after reading this will be most likely say *Good thing the girl got what she deserved for having a affair instead of arrange marriage.

Because of their warped mentally handicapped feeble brains. In their pathetic little world man can do no sin, the woman is the corrupter of souls and if anything ill should befall her, then it's her own doing.

Pathetic little imps.

☪☪☪☪;967248 said:

I dont think any sane person would say that, that girl and any other girl should have been very careful meeting the total strangers, on the other hand it was her right to marry somebody of her choice. but i know what you mean, you can find some crazy people who will blame the girl instead of that murderer.

☪☪☪☪;967248 said:

No moron will think that, what she did or choose to do wa sby way of choice she may have falsely trusted these bloakes not matter what bottom line is they acted like animals, it was barbaric, and inhumane and im ashamed that those scum are from the motherland , they shoudl be publicaly executed

No moron will think that, what she did or choose to do wa sby way of choice

But his chosen path was totally wrong
Yes, Islam gave us a right to choose a right person But we should respect our parent's decision

Last edited:
Yes, Islam gave us a right to choose a right person But we should respect your parents decision

Yes dear, We should respect your parents decision. :lol:

2 yrs after murder and rape victim exhumed

These rapists are SOB!!! They must be severly mutilated in front of public and then fed to dogs and vultures. :angry:

Yes, Islam gave us a right to choose a right person But we should respect our parent's decision

If you want to marry someone of your choice, i dont see how this can be interpreted as disrespect to the parents? On the other hand, i consider forced marriages a disrespect to the children from their parents. the duty of parents is to tell the kids their opinion, but not force them.

If you want to marry someone of your choice, i dont see how this can be interpreted as disrespect to the parents? On the other hand, i consider forced marriages a disrespect to the children from their parents. the duty of parents is to tell the kids their opinion, but not force them.

our parents are not our enemy
they can choose better for us
if you like someone than you should tell our parents and give them a right of Decision
And the girl had chosen the wrong path

Last edited:

our parents are not our enemy

Off course they are not our enemy, parents are always worried about their kids.

they can choose better for us

Not necessarily!! They can be wrong as well, we have seen it in our own lives.

if you like someone than you should tell our parents and give them a right of Decision

Off course, parents should be told and we should seek advice, but we shouldnt be forced to accept thier decision. I know somebody who was not ready to marry a man alot older than her and the parents despite her protests arranged the engagmeent and marriage, even before the marriaage that poor girl was saying no, but nobody listned to her and they told her it will be a shame on them from the society if they had called off the wedding, as a result that poor girl has been living a life of hell, she is beaten up everyday by the drunk husband, only recently her life changed a bit because she is expecting a child after 10 years. so dont tell me that the parents are always right. i personally know many many examples like this which i have seen it myself in my own eyes.

And the girl had chosen the wrong path

the girl didnt chose the wrong path, but she made a huge mistake of trusting a total stranger. we must never trst strangers at any time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom