What's new

2 years in jail, Rs500,000 fine for mocking Pakistani forces as amendment bill passed

“You just bought yourself a 3-17: pointing out police stupidity.”
renderTimingPixel.png

317.jpg

Those in Pakistan on the other hand:
If it means NED financed trouble makers get the axe I say its a win win
featured.jpg

Maryam and her slaves were spreading misinformation against armed forces every single hour. They constantly criticize our forces. Hopefully this bill will stop it. Its better to make "controversial" laws before our enemies start using it against us. Sabse pehle shahid khakaan ko seedha kro saala kahi ka.
They and NED financed charlatans are actually the ones that are most worried

Like most people in this thread don’t think this is a good idea. And remember we represent a distantly Pro military group being on this forum in the first place. General public will not like this. The Army is the most popular institution by far in Pakistan year after year according to Gallup polls with 75-80 percent support in general public compared to less than 50 percent for everyone else. There should be general laws against defamation and false charges for anyone of us. As a Muslim our name and honor is protected, but this is foolish. One law for the military and another for everyone else? If there are two sets of laws, punishment for corruption should be higher for someone in uniform then general public given the sacred trust we have in them.

Pakistan is under dictatorship++
Boat licking maafia is doing govt. When they can't put their house in order they pass such laws to shut the sane voices.
Sane voices as that of the Qatri shehzadi and her harem kanez
Absolutely ridiculous!!! This again proves who actually runs Pakistan, and who PTI serves!
In asuon ko sambhal key rakho

Any more sarcastic inanities and you’ll be thread banned.

Either provide evidence in this particular case or please STFU.

Respectfully, IF they were behind this (I suspect probably not), but if they were even remotely complicit, they'd have to be remarkably incompetent to allow evidence to exist, and then for that evidence to emerge and implicate them.

Some of our lawmakers are plenty overzealous bootlickers enough to do this of their own accord, for whatever motivations they may have, political or patriotic.

This also proves Nawaz Sharif serves Modi View attachment 732018

65399646.jpg

Get past your obsession with NS! He is scum, we all agree! But he is not some magical answer to every mistake PTI makes.

Some of the biggest blunders in Pak history have been made by its military - including the same NS you hate so much coming to power! This same military is at least half responsible for the problems Pakistan faces today. They are not angels and should most definitely not be beyond criticism!

Some of our lawmakers are plenty overzealous bootlickers enough to do this of their own accord, for whatever motivations they may have, political or patriotic.
Which is the point I'm trying to make.

It's rather convenient that everyone blaming the military for being behind this is forgetting the fact that almost ANYONE that takes a nationalist stance on social media is termed a 'paid for ISPR/ISI/Army troll'.

Please don't forget that this kind of extreme patriotism is neither unique to Pakistan nor limited to the Army. You and I have both argued against many members on this forum calling for the the Army to take unconstitutional actions against politicians and liberals and in Karachi - they do this on their own, not because they're being 'paid by the Army'.

And lastly, throwing around conspiracy theories about the Army behind this bill is, once again, damaging to democracy in that no one is questioning the individuals elected by the people supporting this bill. Elected representatives are responsible for their actions - until we start holding the elected representatives accountable, instead of excusing them and deflecting using 'the Army is behind this' excuses, these people will keep getting re-elected and keep acting the same way.
65399646.jpg

Get past your obsession with NS! He is scum, we all agree! But he is not some magical answer to every mistake PTI makes.

Some of the biggest blunders in Pak history have been made by its military - including the same NS you hate so much coming to power! This same military is at least half responsible for the problems Pakistan faces today. They are not angels and should most definitely not be beyond criticism!
The flaw in logic works both ways - just like a picture of a Pakistani politician with Modi does not prove that said politician serves Modi, a bill making criticism of the Army illegal does not prove that the Army is behind it.

Respectfully, IF they were behind this (I suspect probably not), but if they were even remotely complicit, they'd have to be remarkably incompetent to allow evidence to exist, and then for that evidence to emerge and implicate them.

History shows clearly that no such evidence has ever been found, and thus it is likely that none will be found for the present instance of claimed instigation as well. However, that may be a good thing, in the sense that any evidence that is claimed, must then be followed by a due process for evaluating it, and culminating in a verdict of sorts. That only prolongs the issue unnecessarily, unless one hopes to have any guilty parties punished. If it is a political figure, then the process degenerates into mob hysteria, like the one that was averted when a certain figure was summoned by NAB. Such mayhem only adds insult to injury, and benefits no one in the end.

I don't see where you and I disagree on anything, other than allegations that the Army is behind the bill.

Then I misunderstood your posts.

I would merely point you to a large number of posters on this forum and elsewhere on social media, who routinely call for the Army to take a whole host of unconstitutional actions against the PTM, in Karachi, against the PMLN, against Pakistani liberals etc., so why is it so hard to believe that similar nationalists exist within the ranks of elected members of parliament that take their interpretation of nationalism to an extreme and try to pass bills such as these?

A fair few things.

1) Motive. The only party who stands to gain anything from this measure is the Pakistani military. Correction: The Pakistani Afsar. The politician has nothing to gain from it.

2) Counterproductive for the politician. The Pakistani politician is only second to the military afsars in the Pakistani hierarchy of things. He is also, more often than not, the target of the military's whims. By passing this bill, he is shooting himself in the face. Hence the reason why no politician has ever supported any measure of this sort in Pakistan's history. Unless, he stood to gain from the military himself.

3) If we did somehow find that one politician who is honest, then by virtue of being a legislator he would know better than to push a bill as unconstitutional as this. I, at least, would think that the politician, dishonest or otherwise, is a bit wiser to the machinations of the Pakistani power landscape than the hyperbolic posters on PDF.

4) Lack of precedence. If hyperbolic nationalists were sitting in the parliament then this would not have been their first bill. PTM, at least, would have been crispy and done by now.

5) The politician does not present any bill without a concerted backing. Never on a whim. He has "better" things to do. The vote result also shows that this was not an outlier idea.

6) We've seen it all before. Many times. And every time, we did not have any evidence until decades after.

It should not only be against armed forces but all the govt institutions and govt itself... but only ridicule and insults defamation or propaganda not criticism..

Bahi article says insults and ridicule not constructive criticism.. and I see safronis crying all the time about how Mughals f*cked em up and even about Map thing saw one today 😂

Emphasis here is on criticise jnaab and as far as I know Criticism =/= Insults 🙂

Who gets to decide what is righteous criticism and what is not? I'm not old enough to remember what Zia did either but please read up on it. Please also read up on how every single measure enforcing censorship works.

Back
Top Bottom