What's new

2 Policemen killed in Gilgit-Baltistan.

Necromancer

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
2 cops killed in firing incident in Chilas.
Last Updated On 29 March,2013 About 6 hours ago

Two police officials were killed when some armed persons opened fire at a police van in Chilas.

CHILAS (Dunya News) – According to police officials, police van was going to Chilas from Tangaiz when some unidentified persons opened fire at it, killing two police officials, including a sub-inspector and injuring five others.

The dead and injured were shifted to a local hospital. Meanwhile, police have launched a search operation in the area to arrest the culprits.

Source: Dunya News.

Chilas is a town in Gilgit.

our internal matter

none of your concern

The local police will sort out things inshallah...... or NLI would:
258cvm1.jpg

Introduction

Gilgit Levies

In 1889 a force with the name of Gilgit Levies was raised under the command of Colonel Algernon Durand. The force, in 1891, fought the battle of Nilt against Hunza. In 1913 Major JC Bridges reorganized the force on company basis and the force was thus named as Gilgit scouts.

Gilgit Scouts

DSC_0018.JPG

When Gilgit scouts were raised, its strength was 582. The recruitment in the Gilgit scouts was based on the recommendation of Mirs and Rajas of the area. Close relatives of Mirs and Rajas were used to be given direct viceroy commission in corps of Gilgit scouts.

Northern Scouts

In 1947 Gilgit Scouts reverted to their original duties of internal security under Pakistani Political agent of Northern Areas. 582 men of Gilgit scouts were placed under the command of Major Muhammad Tufail Shaheed (Nishan-e-Haider). The remaining personnel of the expanded Corps were designated as the Corps of Northern Scouts in November 1949.

Capture of Kargil and Batalik and the Victor Motto

rgt-nli-image1.jpg

Gilgit scouts were the first battalion in 1948 to capture Kargil and Batalik. Were then warded the motto of Victors.

Karakoram Scouts

The northern scouts were bifurcated on 1st January 1964, and Karakoram scouts were raised with its Head Quarters at Skardu.

Northern Light Infantry Regiment

Galleries%5CImage%20Galleries%5C1stNorthernLightInfantryRegiment(Victors)%5C(58).jpg

War Performance

Nishan-e-haider.jpg

Liberation War 1947

Honorary Captain Muhammad Baber Khan took part in liberation war 1947/48. On partition, Gilgit agency was handed over to Maharaja of Kashmir by the British government. Brigadier Ghansara Singh arrived at Gilgit to take over the charge as Governor. Later on Major General H L Scott the chief of military staff of Kashmir also joined. The troops of Gilgit Scouts being 100% Muslim were in favour of accession to Pakistan. On 31 October 1947, in the afternoon, Honorary Captain Muhammad Baber Khan called the meeting of the Junior Commissioned Officers of Gilgit scouts in the Junior Commissioned Officers’ mess, where it was unanimously decided to over throw the dogra rule.

The governor surrendered on 1st November 1947. The Muslim company of 6 Jammu Kahmir infantry battalion coming to Gilgit from Bunji under command Captain Hassan Khan also joined the scouts. The scouts attacked and destroyed dogra check post and burnt Partab Bridge. The Sikh and dogra elements deserted and were later captured. 27000 sq miles were thus liberated from Dogra Raj. The force was then placed under command Major Muhammad Tufail Shaheed (Nishan-i-Haider), Honorary Captain Muhammad Baber Khan of 1st Northern Light Infantry Regiment who played the most vital role in the war of liberation (from Dogra Raj) in 1947.

Fighting at the Highest Battle Field in the World

Siachen border is the world’s highest battlefield. 1 Northern Light Infantry Battalion has the unique honour of being the first unit to defend Gyong and Gyari sectors. Battalion was ordered to move to Siachen in the first week of April 1984 from Gilgit under command Lieutenant Colonel Shuja Ullah Tarrar Tamgha-i- Basalat. The unit was involved in a successful combat with weather, terrain and the real enemy. 1 Northern Light Infantry Battalion did dumping of ammonition and ration and complete defence construction.

Action in Azad Kashmir

1st Northern Light Infantry Regiment remained involved in acts of gallantry while its tenure in Azad Kashmir. A number of successful fire raids were carried out on enemy.

Honours and Awards

Gilgit scouts and Northern scouts

War of Liberation and 1965 War

* Sitara-i-Jurat - 5
* Tamgha-i-Jurat - 8
* Imtiazi Sanad - 25
* C-In-C’s Commendation Card - 2

1971 War – Northern Scouts

* Sitara-i-Jurat - 2
* Tamgha-i-Jurat - 2
* Imtiazi Sanad - 1

Karakoram Scouts

1965 War

* Sitara-i-Jurat - 1
* Tamgha-i-Jurat - 1
* Tamgha-i-Basalat - 2
* Imtiazi Sanad - 4

1971 War

* Sitara-i-Jurat - 2
* Tamgha-i-Jurat - 8
* Imtiazi Sanad - 2

Nishan i Haider and Kargil war

Captain Karnal Sher Khan (1970–1999)

Pakistan Army's official statement is as follows;

"Captain Karnal Sher Khan emerged as the symbol of mettle and courage during the Kargil conflict on the Line of Control (LoC). He set personal examples of bravery and inflicted heavy losses on the enemy. He defended the five strategic posts, which he established with his Jawan's at the height of some 17,000 feet at Gultary, and repulsed many Indian attacks.After many abortive attempts, the enemy on July 5 ringed the post of Capt. Sher Khan with the help of two battalion and unleashed heavy Mortar firing and managed to capture some part of the post. Despite facing all odds, he lead a counter-attack and re- captured the lost parts.But during the course he was hit by the machine-gun fire and embraced Shahadat or martyrdom at the same post. He is the first officer from the NWFP province to be awarded with Nishan-e-Haider."

Lalak Jan Shaahed (1967 – 7 July 1999)

"He emerged as the symbol of mettle and courage during the Kargil conflict on the Line of Control (LoC). He set personal examples of bravery and inflicted heavy losses on the enemy. He defended the strategic posts. During the conflict he embraced Shahadat or martyrdom. He is the first Army man from the Northern Areas now Gilgit Baltistan to be awarded with Nishan-e-Haider."

More More Infor Pakistan Gilgit Baltistan :pakistan:

2 cops killed in firing incident in Chilas.
Last Updated On 29 March,2013 About 6 hours ago

Two police officials were killed when some armed persons opened fire at a police van in Chilas.

CHILAS (Dunya News) – According to police officials, police van was going to Chilas from Tangaiz when some unidentified persons opened fire at it, killing two police officials, including a sub-inspector and injuring five others.

The dead and injured were shifted to a local hospital. Meanwhile, police have launched a search operation in the area to arrest the culprits.

Source: Dunya News.

Chilas is a town in Gilgit.

Your dumbness is evident by the fact that chilas isnt part of azad kashmir and it never was a part of kashmir valley .

Why not apply the same logic when anything happens in Indian Kashmir?

because it involves indian army killings and separatist movements, this doesnt involve any such thing

Why not apply the same logic when anything happens in Indian Kashmir?

Because Pakistan is not suppressing them with a 500000 thousand soldiers(Almost 1 armed soldier for every 3 unarmed innocent kashmiri youth of above 16) and you will never hear of curfew in our kashmir proving kashmiries are much happier here and feel like at home unlike indian occupied kashmir where curfews and all other suppressing techniques are a part of kashmiries daily life.I can write here a dozen more differences but knowing its gonna be useless as being an indian is the only trigger for you humanity and justice doesnt count at all.

As for this incident is concerned which happened much far from muzafarabad in our northern areas its has nothing to do with kashmir and can happen anywhere in any state.

Thread title edited...Chilas is in Gilgit, while Gilgit is the capital of the administrative province of Gilgit Baltistan.

Looks like we have another geography fail here on PDF!

then there is no other guy more misguided then you my dear :omghaha:

is it ;), the argument that Indians should not show any concerns about Pakistani Kashmir is not valid my friend since J and K is a disputed territory.

Off late lot of Chinese activity is causing concern to the local people there.

Thread title edited...Chilas is in Gilgit, while Gilgit is the capital of the administrative province if Gilgit Baltistan.

Looks like we have another geography fail here on PDF!
Gilgit Baltistan and Pakistan administered Kashmir are the same thing.

We call it Azad Kashmir, not Pakistan occupied Kashmir....and Azad Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan are two different things.
So Indian admin Kashmir, which we call J&K is disputed, not Azad Kashmir or Gilgit Baltistan ? I thought we can post our concerns over people of Gilgit Baltistan.

Well your forum, your rules. :D

...I thought we can post our concerns over people of Gilgit Baltistan.

Well your forum, your rules. :D

You want to post your concerns or anything, go ahead...but it will be referred to as Azad Kashmir on this forum.

You want to post your concerns or anything, go ahead...but it will be referred to as Azad Kashmir on this forum.
But you just said earlier that.....

"Azad Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan are two different things."

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...en-killed-gilgit-baltistan.html#ixzz2OvQWW2aI

You have now confused me. I was talking of Gilgit Baltistan, you told me issue of Gilgit Baltistan will be referred to as Azad Kashmir ? :unsure:

What should I call ?

But you just said earlier that.....

"Azad Kashmir and Gilgit Baltistan are two different things."

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...en-killed-gilgit-baltistan.html#ixzz2OvQWW2aI

You have now confused me. I was talking of Gilgit Baltistan, you told me issue of Gilgit Baltistan will be referred to as Azad Kashmir ? :unsure:

What should I call ?

O chacha...you refer to Pakistan occupied Kashmir as Azad Kashmir...Gilgit-Baltistan will remain as GB.

We have a semi-autonomous government in that place, it is a defacto province of Pakistan!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom