What's new

2 consecutive days of Low intensity blasts in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
These blasts are politically motivated.

Terrorists won't explode these firecrackers; they go for maximum damage; this ain't.

Plus, gelatin?

I may be wrong though.

anyone who kills people to create terror is a terrorist, whether it is islamic fundamentalists, communists or political parties.

in the end innocent people die.

anyone who kills people to create terror is a terrorist, whether it is islamic fundamentalists, communists or political parties.

Well said! :tup:

By terrorists I meant the usual people who claim such blasts -- LeT, Hizb, and the like. My bad and I apologize to one and all.

I do agree with you.

Last edited:
What is politically motivated?

I'm not that aware of Karnataka politics; perhaps you can shed some light on it. Note that I'm not being sarcastic here.

You need not to kill thousand to create fear. The damage has been done.

Such blasts ususally give the location of the cell away; they also ensure that the perpetuators (the guys on the street) find it difficult to carry another and these sorry-em-effers have to run.

This incident does not fit the bill as these guys try to maximize the body count.

By terrorists I meant LeT, Hizb, and the like. My bad and I apologize to one and all.

I do agree with you.
Hahaha, man that comment from you is so "bandwagon". You practically just said terrorists can only be muslims.

Hahaha, man that comment from you is so "bandwagon". You practically just said terrorists can only be muslims.

That was unintentional; I have issued an apology for the same.

Sorry!!! Meant to press the quote button instead pressed the Thanks. Anyway, He has just mentioned the names of some of the terrorist organisations that are active in India.

Sorry!!! Meant to press the quote button instead pressed the Thanks. Anyway, He has just mentioned the names of some of the terrorist organisations that are active in India.

Is there a way to take back thanks ? I would normally prefer this :enjoy:

So you're saying "Thanks but no thanks"?

At least six explosions in the Indian city of Bangalore have killed one person and wounded 15 more.

Friday's blasts are believed to have been caused by gelatin stick bombs.

"In all these cases they have created the blast using timer devices," Shankar Bidri, commissioner of police, told reporters at the site of one of the blasts.

"Explosives have also been used, in quantity equal to one or two grenades," he said.

MR Pujar, a police official, said crude explosives had been used.

"There were seven low-intensity explosions," he said.

"Some of them were in crowded areas. At least person was killed and 15 to 20 were injured."

Television footage showed police officers from bomb squads scouring the areas affected.

India has been struck by bombings in recent years, with targets ranging from mosques and Hindu temples to trains.

However, it is unusual for any group to claim responsibility for the attacks.

Police said that attacks bore some resemblance to the Bangladeshi group Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami.
Indian shares extended losses to more than 3.5 per cent on Friday, after reports of the blasts.

Bangalore, in the south of the country, is a centre for many foreign firms, outsourcing and IT.

Al Jazeera English - CENTRAL/S. ASIA - Bangalore hit by series of blasts

8 bomb blasts now apparently.

Two people dead, and atleast 6 injured.

But frankly, you can't do much if a bunch of loonies decide to get gelatin sticks (easily available) and blow them up.

Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, CEO of Biocon says that citizens need to make a concerted effort to increase vigilance and improve safety within the city.

She says that it is difficult to prevent such things in a vast and populous country like India.

Well let's close the topic and lets move on. i passed the audugodi junction some 45min one hour before the blasts. The traffic is in mess. 3 are dead as the latest reports are pouring in.

Did you check back how is the situation with the victim's help?
How about you how you feel now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom