What's new

2 APACHES v/s PLATOON OF TALIBAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no evidence in this video showing they are attacking, only the Americans are saying they are terrorist but Most of Afghans are always armed, move in groups but these US terrorist are killing innocent people and next time show some guts when we pass on same sort of comments to your killed people...

I am not in favour of Talibans but also not in favour of US killing innocent people... SHAME on US

There is no evidence in this video showing they are attacking, only the Americans are saying they are terrorist but Most of Afghans are always armed, move in groups but these US terrorist are killing innocent people and next time show some guts when we pass on same sort of comments to your killed people...

I am not in favour of Talibans but also not in favour of US killing innocent people... SHAME on US

You can clearly see the RPGs in the video. Now don't tell me most Afghans walk around with RPGs

one of the better fire fight videos,

the rest just look like people shooting at weeds or dirt.HEre u can see bullets whizzing by and hitting dirt wall

Last edited by a moderator:

If your logic were to be true, then 'most Afghans' would have become an endangered nationality by now.

You can clearly see the RPGs in the video. Now don't tell me most Afghans walk around with RPGs

The camps are clearly visible. It was clearly a base for their operations.

they are probably tied to something

i really felt bad for the animals, rockets flying around them and things blowing up
yeah same here, @5:20 you see one donkey is taking $hyt .

cool video

footage at 15:00 is a must see

might is always right.....you cant do much against a volley of 30mm incendiaries fired at 3-4k ft AGL at night

but then again, soviets strafed entire Afghan villages and short term gains never offset long term strategic losses

so i wasnt the only one who noticed that.....

brave goats! brave, or really dumb space cadets... :lol:

something really similar happened at the Salala Checkpost..just as a reference.

War has two sides to it, here is the other sad side.

Taliban Killing UK Soldiers in Battle

16 Taliban vs US Military Outpost in Kandahar; 27 US soldiers killed In June till 12th. 2010

Afghan Taliban attack on a U.S. base, killing 9 soldiers

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow .... well it's what these suckers get for what they do thats why they die and are called terrorist and then go straight to hell where the belong.

I am confused by their tactics.

Why didnt they use Hellfire missiles initially to take out the big clusters of Taliban and then use the 30 to pick them off one by one.

They instead used the 30 to take out the big clusters and then used missiles to fire on the remaining taliban one at a time.

Waste of resources in my opinion.

they arent concerned with resources or costs to taxpayer, they just kill

I am confused by their tactics.

Why didnt they use Hellfire missiles initially to take out the big clusters of Taliban and then use the 30 to pick them off one by one.

They instead used the 30 to take out the big clusters and then used missiles to fire on the remaining taliban one at a time.

Waste of resources in my opinion.
Depends on how they took off that day.

AGM-114 Hellfire Employment
If, for example, a regiment must destroy 3,500 targets over a 7-day period, it must destroy 500 targets each day. To destroy 500 targets with a PK of 25 percent, the regiment needs 2,000 Hellfires a day. The regiment expects to use 96 AH-64s; 2,000 divided by 96 equals 20.8. So the RSR is 21 Hellfires per aircraft per day. The S3 assessed the following weapons loads on the aircraft per troop: 5 AH-64s with 12 Hellfires, 0 rockets, 660 30-millimeter rounds, 1 auxiliary tank (60 Hellfires total for the troop); and 3 AH-64s with 8 Hellfires, 19 rockets, 660 30-millimeter rounds, 1 auxiliary tank (24 Hellfires total). Some units installed a Robertson fuel tank on their helicopters. The "Roby" tank provides the helicopter about 1 hour of additional flight time. When used, the "Roby" tank replaces the external auxiliary tank. This limits the 30-millimeter cannon to 90 rounds but allows all four wing stores to carry ammunition, providing space for an additional missile launcher or rocket launcher.
Ninety rounds for the gun is an extreme case. Keep in mind that on a fixed wing fighter like an F-16, external stores variations do not affect the gun load. If an Apache crew know they are going up against armor, then 'soft' targets for the gun is going to be the least of their worries. But usually they will carry a mix that they guess is going to be reasonable for any situation they may encounter.

they arent concerned with resources or costs to taxpayer, they just kill
Correct. They are supposed to do that.

inna lillahi wa rajioon

I am probbly not going to view it but probbly the people were innocent
Apache vs ground people is plain old same as lining up someone and then pulling a trigger

Probbaly innocent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom