What's new

1st batch of Chinese-made HSR rails arrives at project site in Indonesia

Unless the HSR runs under the ocean to connect different Indonesian islands there is zero benefit in Java island only HSR
No benefit how ???
This HSR is planned to connect Major cities like Jakarta,Bandung, Semarang and Surabaya with total metro population almost 60 million people and With total GDP $435 billion. And we still not including middle size city too.

This project have a fricking big potential even if it in java alone, it take 11 hours to go from Jakarta to Surabaya with car you know.

No benefit how ???
This HSR is planned to connect Major cities like Jakarta,Bandung, Semarang and Surabaya with total metro population almost 60 million people and With total GDP $435 billion. And we still not including middle size city too.

This project have a fricking big potential even if it in java alone, it take 11 hours to go from Jakarta to Surabaya with car you know.

you have crappy infrastructure now if it takes 11 hours. Jakarta to Surabaya is 780 km. Any modern direct railway line can cut it to 5 hours

you have crappy infrastructure now if it takes 11 hours. Jakarta to Surabaya is 780 km. Any modern direct railway line can cut it to 5 hours

780KM in 5 hour with car ? Lmao. Good luck to survive with that kind of speed.

The real number is actually 9 hours but let's be real no many people can drive that long without getting rest.
And that is why we build HSR dumdum.. to cut time.

780KM in 5 hour with car ? Lmao. Good luck to survive with that kind of speed.

The real number is actually 9 hours but let's be real no many people can drive that long without getting rest.
And that is why we build HSR dumdum.. to cut time.

I said a modern railway line (not a high speed rail). I did not mention automobiles

I said a modern railway line (not a high speed rail). I did not mention automobiles
But i mention about car first than you answered about train... well whatever...

The point is clear we build HSR for economical reason, and yes our Train system mostly is dutch left over and not as fast as many country since our government only starting to care about railway system in 2010s.

But from quality and service, i can confidently said Indonesia have one of the best railway system in southeast asia and maybe even asia.

But i mention about car first than you answered about train... well whatever...

The point is clear we build HSR for economical reason, and yes our Train system mostly is dutch left over and not as fast as many country since our government only starting to care about railway system in 2010s.

But from quality and service, i can confidently said Indonesia have one of the best railway system in southeast asia and maybe even asia.

I am not against HSR per se. It is the cost of HSR that is mind boggling. Fast conventional trains travel at 160 kmph. That should be a 5 hour journey for a direct train connection between Jakarta and Surabaya.

I am not against HSR per se. It is the cost of HSR that is mind boggling. Fast conventional trains travel at 160 kmph. That should be a 5 hour journey for a direct train connection between Jakarta and Surabaya.

There is a project with Japan to upgrading the current Jakarta-Surabaya line so it can support 160km/h train. which estimate will cost about $6 billion

But there is many critics from people (including myself) expert and inside the government itself that called this project wasted of money. Rather than build a half assed "semi-HSR" it's better just to extended the current Jakarta-bandung HSR to Surabaya instead which is make more sense.

Every single HSR is a money losing business -- just like the Airports and interstate highways. Only people stupid and crazy such as Malaysian Malays will use P&L as an assessment of HSR. Waste of time arguing in that line.

Vietnam need HSR. Need to bridge Hanoi and HCMC. It change people psychology.
Yeah..but it'd better let VN company like Vingroup make our own HSR. We can buy HSR tech from German and make it by ourselves and then export it, too.

Here we go again why on earth is Indonesia importing rail tracks from China? Pakistan imports coal from China to run its Chinese power plants and now Indonesia is wasting valuable forex. Pakistan has plenty of coal, why are you guys importing it? Indonesia has several large steel plants why are you importing railway tracks from China? @Indos

Quality, quanity, and cost meeting acceptable and resonable contractual completion time. China can fulfill all those criteria. Indonesia and Pakistan can't.

For a similar reason why Pakistan are importing carrots from other countries even though Pakistan have great carrots.

[twitter]
You're asking the question simply because you don't understand finer point of cost of development and economy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom