What's new

1pc increase in GST led to 15pc surge in prices: CJ

Leader

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry on Thursday observed that increase in sales tax had led to rise in the prices of food items.

He said this while heading a three-judge bench seized with hearing of a case pertaining to increase in general sales tax and petroleum prices.

The chief justice said that one percent increase in the GST caused 15 percent surge in the prices.

He asked as to who would resort to the parliament if the rulers kept imposing taxes on their own.

1pc increase in GST led to 15pc surge in prices: CJ - thenews.com.pk

Is your supreme court another political party.. why would judiciary comment on executive matters.. was there a case in court? :)

Great now CJ will decide/dictate economic policies of Pakistan, i'm loving it ;)

No tax on basic commodities to facilitate masses: Pervez Rashid

ISLAMABAD - Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Pervez Rashid on Wednesday said the government did not impose taxes on basic commodities of life to facilitate the common man.
Basic necessities including pulses, meat, spices, milk, medicines etc were exempted from General Sales Tax (GST), he added.
Talking to a private television channel, he said the government had formed a mechanism to stop leakages of agriculture tax in the country, adding that provinces were responsible to collect agriculture tax. He said previously only Sindh and Punjab paid agriculture tax.
One percent GST was increased to steer the country out from the economic crisis and to overcome electricity load shedding in the country, he said.
He said the government was committed to get rid of IMF loans. He urged development of resources for economic stability, saying that Pakistan Railways, PIA and other public sector institutions were functioning in crisis.
The PML-N had boosted the country’s defense by carrying out atomic explosions in its previous regime, he said.
Replying to a question, he said 30 percent expenditures of the government had been decreased to ensure economic development.
He said a sharp increase in loans was witnessed during the former regime, adding that the present government would also have to pay back these loans. Talking about former president Pervez Musharaf, the information minister said that the matter was in court and the government would follow orders of the apex court in this regard.
The minister expressed concern over terrorist activities in Balochistan, saying the meeting of heads of all security agencies had been called to identify weaknesses.
He said the government would appoint a capable governor in Sindh for the betterment of law and order situation in Karachi.
He said the federal government would fully support Sindh to maintain law and order in the country’s commercial capital.

No tax on basic commodities to facilitate masses: Pervez Rashid | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

nooora bhai you never said that when he fixed sugar prices? :lol:
next time can u plz make the Noora Bhai part bold ... :D ... this looks kinda dull ... on the other hand CJ was accused of having brotherly relations with NS, oh wait GOD dam muk mukka here.... ;)

next time can u plz make the Noora Bhai part bold ... :D ... this looks kinda dull ... on the other hand CJ was accused of having brotherly relations with NS, oh wait GOD dam muk mukka here.... ;)

oh noora bhai no reply to the question !!! :lol:

Jab baat haq main jai to CJ ko Japphiyan aur jab bat khilaf jai to Galian?

thats the question posed to you, not to us :lol:

thats the question posed to you, not to us :lol:
I think everybody knows here who was calling him cheap justic when he debunked the PTI demands for re-elections. I respected him, I still do, and will keep doing so.

yar 1 Bhai na kam tabahi phelai hai yahan jo tu 1 or bhai bna raha hai??:afraid:

I think everybody knows here who was calling him cheap justic when he debunked the PTI demands for re-elections. I respected him, I still do, and will keep doing so.

tay fair nooona kahain tou aye :lol:

Oh POTI Bhai hold ur horses, i will support any step taken for the betterment of Public... feeling better now :D

haha nooora bhai kiya yeh khula tazad nahi :lol:

tay fair nooona kahain tou aye :lol:

haha nooora bhai kiya yeh khula tazad nahi :lol:
Poti Bhai, no khula tazad bcoz i have always supported the steps taken by betterment of common man, doesn't matter who takes them PTI, PMLN etc.... at the end of the day common man should/who get the benefit :)

Poti Bhai, no khula tazad bcoz i have always supported the steps taken by betterment of common man, doesn't matter who takes them PTI, PMLN etc.... at the end of the day common man should/who get the benefit :)

hahah..... noora bhai still no answer !! :lol: #shame

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom