What's new

1971 Crisis : THE GREAT CENTO LET DOWN

@surya kiran ,that thread is locked so i couldnt post anything.

It doesnt make sense that we didnt help them when the whole western world and ME was helping Pakistan,there was a military intervention in Turkiye in that year but that shouldnt be an excuse.
Beats me,really.
I dont know and dont understand why we didnt help like we did in 1965 considering the below article(a very very long read,if you have time).

The Blood Telegram, India Pakistan War, 1971 War, Role of Richard Nixon Henry Kissinger in 1971 war, Richard Nixon Henry Kissinger and India

Was just about to sleep. Will do so in the morning.

Yeah, that thread had gone down the drain.

@surya kiran ,that thread is locked so i couldnt post anything.

It doesnt make sense that we didnt help them when the whole western world and ME was helping Pakistan,there was a military intervention in Turkiye in that year but that shouldnt be an excuse.
Beats me,really.
I dont know and dont understand why we didnt help like we did in 1965 considering the below article(a very very long read,if you have time).

The Blood Telegram, India Pakistan War, 1971 War, Role of Richard Nixon Henry Kissinger in 1971 war, Richard Nixon Henry Kissinger and India

In the original article asking for help is like asking for a blank check. There are no blank checks

The purpose of this thread is to get some lessons out. Its basically aimed at Pakistani members here.
I have been seeing threads saying like US and UK was about to attack India or Nixon threatened Indira etc. In fact there was no such preparation or threat by USA or any other country to India back then. This thread is an answer to such propaganda.

BTW, under CETO and CENTO, Pakistan has the right to receive military aid, which was denied.
But being its member had its own Perks,why do you think Pak got exclusive Military Hardware from US,when Indian Army mostly had .303 vintage and mostly sherman tanks of WW2.

While Pak had Semi Auto Sidewinders,F 104 Starfighters,M1 Grand,M1 Carbine,Browning LMG,Pattons,C 130,PNS Ghazi (1st Sub in Subcontinent),155 MM Artillery etc simply outclassed every thing India Had in 65

In the original article asking for help is like asking for a blank check. There are no blank checks
Are you sure?

" A vast majority of Turks are dedicated Muslims and have very good feelings towards Pakistan. In 1965 war, the Prime Minister of Turkey had ordered all the resources of Turkish Armed Forces be placed at the disposal of Pakistan and anything they need must be immediately provided. Since both the armies were equipped with American equipment, planeloads of ammunition and equipment were sent to Pakistan to meet our requirement. Throughout my stay in Turkey, I felt as if I was at home. I with my family travelled throughout the country, and at no stage I ever felt that I was in a foreign land. "

From a 2001 interview with late, Pakistan Army
Major General Tajammul Hussain Malik ( A war hero and only nominee for a live Nishan-e-Haider for the Battle of Hilli during the war of 1971 ). He studied Turkish language in 1963 and later served as a military attache to Turkey from 1966-1969

Source: 1965 War - Turkish war resources were placed at Pakistan's disposal.

If not a blanco check then,what do you call this?

The purpose of this thread is to get some lessons out. Its basically aimed at Pakistani members here.
I have been seeing threads saying like US and UK was about to attack India or Nixon threatened Indira etc. In fact there was no such preparation or threat by USA or any other country to India back then. This thread is an answer to such propaganda.

BTW, under CETO and CENTO, Pakistan has the right to receive military aid, which was denied.

USA and UK did send their aircraft carriers to intimidate India. Whether its debatable they would have attacked India, in unfavourable circumstances (considering one CBG in Bay of Bengal), I doubt CBG would have survived Indian retaliation.
Anyway, Soviets were ahead of them, sending Nuclear subs, who warded off their attack. Plus Soviets increased troops in their border with China, stopping their attack.
We are indebted to Soviets for their help. That's the level of friendship, I doubt Pakistan will ever have.

Are you sure?

" A vast majority of Turks are dedicated Muslims and have very good feelings towards Pakistan. In 1965 war, the Prime Minister of Turkey had ordered all the resources of Turkish Armed Forces be placed at the disposal of Pakistan and anything they need must be immediately provided. Since both the armies were equipped with American equipment, planeloads of ammunition and equipment were sent to Pakistan to meet our requirement. Throughout my stay in Turkey, I felt as if I was at home. I with my family travelled throughout the country, and at no stage I ever felt that I was in a foreign land. "

From a 2001 interview with late, Pakistan Army
Major General Tajammul Hussain Malik ( A war hero and only nominee for a live Nishan-e-Haider for the Battle of Hilli during the war of 1971 ). He studied Turkish language in 1963 and later served as a military attache to Turkey from 1966-1969

Source: 1965 War - Turkish war resources were placed at Pakistan's disposal.

If not a blanco check then,what do you call this?

Turkey is a member of NATO. You cannot declare war on India without consulting your NATO partners. How much war material was supplied to Pakistan ? What was the cost of it ?

Right now Turkey has its hand full with Greece/Cyprus, Kurds in Iraq/Syria and Armenia. You are in position to pick a real fight with India.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom