What's new

1965 war by international & Indian observers.

Why ''BRAVE'' India didn't face Gibraltar forces face to face.................?

and instead attacked major Pakistan city at NIGHT from THREE directions with so much VALOR and DIGNITY........?

And don't teach us abbout bravery, when your armymen have dishonorably entered India without any uniform or insignia, and never dared to fight face to face. In 1999, your country went so far as to disown them.

Did the "brave" commandos fight face to face in Op Gibraltar? No, they entered stealthily, and got thrown in prison.

Did the brave armymen fight face to face in 1999? No, they came in civilian clothes and tried to pretend they were not armymen.

So much for bravery. LOL.

"Brave India" put the Gibraltar "commandos" in jail, where they remained for the duration of the war, eating sarkari food.

The "brave" commandos were betrayed by the locals whom they came to "liberate", and arrested by the Kashmir police. What sort of bravery do you expect us to do to them, when they are ignobly crying in prison?

You are avoiding my question ...............
I just want a simple answer ..................
why India launched a ''DIGNIFIED'' and ""BRAVE'' attack at night on Lahore???

Neither was India under equiped.
Centurian tanks, hunters and gnats all were comparable to Pakistani equipment and one conveniently forgets the most advanced mig 21 while talking about "much superior " Pakistani aircraft. Indian mountain divisions trained and armed by Americans.....Indian navy which posessed an aircraft carrier yet "Pakistan was very well equipped compared to India".

Wrong on all counts. India did not have mig-21s in the 1965 war.

The Indian mountain divisions were not trained and armed by Americans. Could you name the American weapons and armament they used, with supporting links for your claims?

The Indian aircraft carrier played no role in the war. BTW, Pakistan had a submarine, and India didn't.

The Paksitani tanks were technically superior to the Indian ones.

These are excuses. Migs destroyed on ground by us is none of our concern...
Centurians were used by British and Australians, though inferior than pattons, they still packed a punch like a 47 vintage ak47 packs a punch against m4. Your navy was numerically much superior with an ac carrier.
There has to be reasons why you lost as well.

You really shouldn't talks about things you don't know.
1. Mig-21s hardly took to the sky, unlike in 1971. By that time IAF had trained it's pilots.
2. Pattons were better tanks than the Centurions, thanks to the Americans. India, being a part of NAM was not getting any favours.

You are avoiding my question ...............
I just want a simple answer ..................
why India launched a ''DIGNIFIED'' and ""BRAVE'' attack at night on Lahore???

To teach Pakistan that any attempt to take Kashmir would lead to all out war.

BTW how does it matter if it was at night? Do Pakistani armymen go home at night, and only work during the day?

Was India's attack covert? You think night or day makes any difference to the detectability of armoured columns? Have you ever heard a tank?

It was Pakistan that has always tried to attack surreptitiously - right until Kargil, when you didn't even dare to wear your uniforms. India has always retaliated overtly and openly.

@ayesha.a

You realize VE day ANZAC day VJ day & d day are celebrated every year

Don't you think you are clutching at straws now? Your question has been answered, admit it and move on, instead of clinging on to a lost argument.

Wrong on all counts. India did not have mig-21s in the 1965 war.

The Indian mountain divisions were not trained and armed by Americans. Could you name the American weapons and armament they used, with supporting links for your claims?

The Indian aircraft carrier played no role in the war. BTW, Pakistan had a submarine, and India didn't.

The Paksitani tanks were technically superior to the Indian ones.
1- According to Indians themselves, we destroyed two mig21's on the ground.
2- Yes I am correct, Indian mountain divisions were trained by Americans to counter Chinese.
3- Indian AC carrier not facing PN is none of our concern if it was scared of a WW2 era US made sub.
4- Centurians were inferior to pattons but not to the extant which is potrayed by Indians. They could fight with the pattons.

To teach Pakistan that any attempt to take Kashmir would lead to all out war.

Why they didn't taught this important lesson in Kashmir........? Like men? with Balls?

BTW how does it matter if it was at night? Do Pakistani armymen go home at night, and only work during the day?

Don't you know what was advantage of night strike............? Seriously you don't............??
Was India's attack covert? You think night or day makes any difference to the detectability of armoured columns? Have you ever heard a tank?

Yes attacking at Night is such a act of bravery..............
Now attack nights are not as worthy as they were in past.
No night capability you know,..................

You really shouldn't talks about things you don't know.
I know that migs did not take it to the skies because they were destroyed on the ground.
2. Pattons were better tanks than the Centurions, thanks to the Americans. India, being a part of NAM was not getting any favours.
Yet getting British gnats and hunters which were faster than our sabres. Talk is about quality of equipment, not ceato or nam.

:rofl:

What we destroyed on Ground? Auto Rickshaws................?

Other aircrafts.

Could you give a link to that, about destroying mig-21s on the ground in 1965?

The mig-21s were purchased only a year before, and there were no trained pilots or enough numbers to put it in operational service. There was not even a squadron in existence. (If I remember correctly, a grand total of 6 mig-21s were in India at the time.)

It was in 1971 that the mig-21s touched the sky with glory.

Other aircrafts.

Could you give a link to that, about destroying mig-21s on the ground in 1965?

The mig-21s were purchased only a year before, and there were no trained pilots or enough numbers to put it in operational service. There was not even a squadron in existence. (If I remember correctly, a grand total of 6 mig-21s were in India at the time.)

It was in 1971 that the mig-21s touched the sky with glory.

You must study about Raid on Pathan Kot then ................

Had no choice! !!

Think about the military prowess of hindu India when the highlite of their bravery is taking on a country 7 times smaller than it 1000 miles from home

Bravery certificates are best not issued by you guys. Else it adds to the larger stupidity of the Pakistani narrative. When you fought in 1965, were you not aware that there was a part of your country a 1000 miles apart separated by the very country that you were provoking by attacking? Do you not see a pattern of stupidity? If you saw a problem, should you not have mitigated it by giving East Pakistan autonomy? Silly to say that you had no choice, you had plenty of choices but you decided on reinforcing stupidity. Given the choices that your country has made consistently, it would be commonsensical to be a little sceptical of any narrative put forward by the same type of people.

1- According to Indians themselves, we destroyed two mig21's on the ground.
2- Yes I am correct, Indian mountain divisions were trained by Americans to counter Chinese.
3- Indian AC carrier not facing PN is none of our concern if it was scared of a WW2 era US sub.
4- Centurians were inferior to pattons but not to the extant which is potrayed by Indians. They could fight with the pattons.

1) Maybe so - but mig-21s played no part in the aerial war. Just as MKIs did not take part in the Kargil war, and for the same reason.

2) Link please. And please name the American weaponry and equipments we used, as I asked you before. (You asserted they were trained and armed by Americans. Tell me which arms.)

3) A WW2 era sub is still better than no subs at all. India had none. BTW, INS Vikrant was undergoing repair and refit at the time, it wasn't that she was scared to take part in war. If it was a war that India started, we would have made sure the carrier was in service. The war was started by Pakistan.

4) Right. And the same applied to aircrafts, weapons etc. Pakistan had a marginal advantage in most things.

I know that migs did not take it to the skies because they were destroyed on the ground.
Wrong. It is not like Mig-21 were all destroyed on ground. Two of them were destroyed on ground, while some Mig-21s indeed fly, but did not score any hit. There was a shortage of trained pilots and positioning.
Yet getting British gnats and hunters which were faster than our sabres. Talk is about quality of equipment, not ceato or nam.

That is important. It's not like you were producing your own weapons.

Back
Top Bottom