What's new

1962 war tried to wake up Nehru with heavy punch: China daily

e. Kennedy saved India. SU and USA were involved in Cuban Missile Crisis - Kennedy sent military aid to India and that scared the Chinese into trudging back home.

There was no other option that for China than to turn back. Their supplies were over stretched and there is a great danger that if the war escalated India would use IAF and this will trap the PLA.

There was no other option that for China than to turn back. Their supplies were over stretched and there is a great danger that if the war escalated India would use IAF and this will trap the PLA.

old PLA's doctrine is to get supplies from the enemy,so if PLA can quickly capture the rich Indian plain then supplies wont be a big problem.China just liked to claim a moral high ground like it did in 1979,both short and bloody wars were punitive expeditions,China didnt intend to fight a long war in those senarios.beside China also needed India's support in some international issues at that time.

The IAF like the Army was poorly equipped. I don't know the state of the Chinese Air Force then. But even in the 1965 War Pakistan had the latest aircraft while India was using Gnats.

IAF was not a serious concern as that would mean PLAAF being deployed which was far more experienced.

If PLA got deeper into India, India had the advantage to deploy armour and more infantry (and these troops would be more capable and effective.), which can cause serious problem for 80,000 troops lacking supplies.

Pakistan became 7x smaller than India after 1971.

Okay, so you beat 5x smaller country.
Does that make you feel better?

I am not begrudging your victory,
You won.
But at the same time realize that what you did wasn't some super human feat.
It was simply a larger army defeating a smaller army.

Okay, so you beat 5x smaller country.
Does that make you feel better?

I am not begrudging your victory,
You won.
But at the same time realize that what you did wasn't some super human feat.

But why you don't accept this in our case.............

China = 3x bigger then India.
Force comparison = 1:8 (India 10000 vs china 80000).

what they did wasn't some super human feat.

what do you say???

what do you say???
these number was just a pathetic excuse made up for your humiliation```if you knew a bit terminology of combet theater capacity you'd know '80,000' PLA in 62 war is just as ridiculous as India cliams it is 'shining'```as i always said , it is much easier to brainwash less educated and low IQed people

The IAF like the Army was poorly equipped. I don't know the state of the Chinese Air Force then. But even in the 1965 War Pakistan had the latest aircraft while India was using Gnats.

PLAAF didn't had any fighters which could take off from the heights of himalayas and cross it over with any significant armament..
Nehru thought if he didnot deploy IAF, he could reverse the motion of the events..

The point is both the defense minister and the belligerent Army general at that time kept him in the dark. He was fed a wrong impression and he ordered troop deployments in forward areas with ZILCH infra support. Those places were/still uninhabitable to say the least..

Some info about the mishandling of the situation is available in the records of meetings of SAM Maneckshaw which he made prior to '71 leading upto the war.

what do you say???

what happened with you and China is between you two.
Don't bring in Pakistan on a thread where we are not discussing it.

You guys brought in Pakistan, I merely replied. Now lets move on and stick to the topic.

these number was just a pathetic excuse made up for your humiliation```if you knew a bit terminology of combet theater capacity you'd know '80,000' PLA in 62 war is just as ridiculous as India cliams it is 'shining'```as i always said , it is much easier to brainwash less educated and low IQed people

Believe me the nos are as much fake as the Chinese economic data :woot:

Nehru was a man far greater than you or I. Every Indian must be proud that our land had a son like nehru.

Yes, 1962 happened, but that doesn't make him any smaller. He was the only force holding back communal violence and total breakdown of our country. He made India stable. He is the grand architect of modern India.

I implore you Indian members here to open your eyes and pay respects to a man who sacrificed a lot to assure us our freedom and maintain our national integrity.

Nehru was a man far greater than you or I. Every Indian must be proud that our land had a son like nehru.

Yes, 1962 happened, but that doesn't make him any smaller. He was the only force holding back communal violence and total breakdown of our country. He made India stable. He is the grand architect of modern India.

I implore you Indian members here to open your eyes and pay respects to a man who sacrificed a lot to assure us our freedom and maintain our national integrity.

No doubt Nehru was important person for this nation. For installing the founding pillars of this nation.

But still it doesn't excuse sending Indian soldiers to their death, to escape his mistake.

Then enlighten us, what this combet theater capacity is ? :lol:

Don't just read what they are teaching in HIGH schools and start asking questions also..
btw, grand architect ??? my a$$.

Who is the father of Indian Constitution ? Nehru ? NO
Who worked his arse out to integrate the princely states in INDIA ? NEHRU ??? NO
Who unilaterally declared ceasefire when our armed forces were beating the Kashmiri Militias back ? NEHRU ??? YES :woot:
Who insisted on becoming the first PM of independent INDIA after he was not elected as congress party head and acted like a cry baby ?? NEHRU ???? YES :woot:

Back
Top Bottom