What's new

1947 Genocide of Muslims in Punjab and Surroundings

Multani

Reaction score
My grandfather, on mom's side, is a 21 year old man, newly appointed to the Baloch Regiment of the infant state of Pakistan. His task is to help in the relocation of Hindus and Sikhs from Multan city via special trains to Rohtak as their final destination near Delhi. The following posts are a story of what happens along the journey, including the detours through northern Rajasthan, areas like Bikaner.

My grand-father is the eldest among the siblings, born in Multan, to Kunj Lal, a Khatri, and a second mother from Ambala. Kunj Lal, my great grand father himself is n native of ancient Lahore though, with a family genealogy spanning 2000 years on preserved paper manuscripts now residing in India. Having been disowned by his family, he moves to Quetta, and then to Multan with his second wife. It is in the affluent Cantt area that my grand father grows up all childhood and spends his early 20s. It is there where he finally marries his wife, my grandma, a native Marwari speaker, from a pure Durrani Pashtun family, with glittering light golden-wheatish skin, flawless in its silky texture, endued with years of spiritual meditational Light - Noor, as they say in Tasawwuf. She impresses him with her impeccable old Tonki Urdu, winning his heart, when he comes to ask her hand in marriage.

This is a heart wrenching story of the suffering endured by the Muslims who were travelling to Pakistan from an area five times the size of the area in Pakistan from where hindus and Sikhs were leaving. It is an account that shows that hindus and Sikhs have the upper hand, and their loss is not comparable by any means to the loss suffered by the Muslims. British statistics of Muslim population in East Punjab give the figure of a bit above 5 million people,

My grand-father is the eldest among the siblings, born in Multan, to Kunj Lal, a Khatri, and a second mother from Ambala. Kunj Lal, my great grand father himself is n native of ancient Lahore though, with a family genealogy spanning 2000 years on preserved paper manuscripts now residing in India. Having been disowned by his family, he moves to Quetta, and then to Multan with his second wife. It is in the affluent Cantt area that my grand father grows up all childhood and spends his early 20s. It is there where he finally marries his wife, my grandma, a native Marwari speaker, from a pure Durrani Pashtun family, with glittering light golden-wheatish skin, flawless in its silky texture, endued with years of spiritual meditational Light - Noor, as they say in Tasawwuf. She impresses him with her impeccable old Tonki Urdu, winning his heart, when he comes to ask her hand in marriage.

This is a heart wrenching story of the suffering endured by the Muslims who were travelling to Pakistan from an area five times the size of the area in Pakistan from where hindus and Sikhs were leaving. It is an account that shows that hindus and Sikhs have the upper hand, and their loss is not comparable by any means to the loss suffered by the Muslims. British statistics of Muslim population in East Punjab give the figure of a bit above 5 million people,
How many muslims arrived to west punjab.

in delhi i heard stories of blood mad muslims and their rape gangs. one old man told me how all his female relatives killed themselves rather than be taken. his expression looked like death when he talked about it. horrifying.

in delhi i heard stories of blood mad muslims and their rape gangs. one old man told me how all his female relatives killed themselves rather than be taken. his expression looked like death when he talked about it. horrifying.
Same can be said about the muslims who fled.

Back
Top Bottom