What's new

15 Jordanian F-16 for sale

It looks like they have reached their service life.
They will make good gate guardians infront of some ministers house

Peace Falcon II
There have been talks about a second batch of 16 refurbished F-16s, which would have been delivered under the Peace Falcon II program. After initial talks in 1999, no further news has become available about this program. The RJAF is still looking for a replacement for its obsolete F-5 fighters which are due within a couple of years. They are in favor of acquiring another batch of F-16s for this replacement.

On January 29th, 2003, numerous sources indicated that Jordan received 6 F-16 fighters that day in a ceremony held at Shahid Muafaq Al-Satlti AFB. This ceremony was attended by prince Faisal bin Hussain and US ambassador Jordan Edward W. Gnehm. The US embassy in Amman stated that these 6 aircraft were the first of a batch of another 17 (12 A's and 5 B's) that would be delivered to Jordan during the year 2003. All these aircraft are former US ANG F-16 ADF's. These aircraft are to be upgraded with the MLU modification (See Modifications and Armament).

Ultimately, 16 A-models and 1 B-model was delivered to the RJAF. Most of those airframes were put into storage waiting for their MLU conversion. In 2008 these modifications were in full swing at the TUSAS facility in Ankara, Turkey. By 2009 all of those modified airframes will be delivered back to Jordan for operational use.

upload_2017-2-7_18-7-11.png

upload_2017-2-7_18-9-50.png

Israeli AF could not afford $25K plus (vs 8/9 K for F16s) per hour cost of F15, so their pilots used to fly 50/50, simulator and actual flying hours per year ;)

Last edited:
First i can never take someone seriously who resorts to "hey son", "im ur dad" sort of stuff grow up not in kg anymore are u??, things dont tend to happen as u state, u may know stuff i never refuted that, but i aint a school boy myself, the things u are stating are a pleasent fiction, "pleasant" mind u as iam weary of those munafiq kameeni's in our nieghbourhood, shia sunni rivalry is a very deep phenomina and seriously buddy most shia' here would betray pakistan in a giffy if its between iran or pakistan, a foremost example bieng the bhutto's and ppp which is shia infested tried thier best to destabalize pakistan at evry oppurtunity they got even siding with zionists, hindus and yanks to achieve thier objectives, shia's used to be few and spread out here in pakistan but they were specifically planted here for this very purpose, i remember my mother family used to tell me that there was no shia's in their village a few deacades a go, than a singke family turned up out of no where to settle there, now half the village is shia, the yemen conflict was the last attempt by the zionists to drag pakistan in a syria like conflict, dont fall prey to false ego that this cannot happen here, that we are two powerful or isi is too smart etc, greater powers than us fell prey to this very false bravado, a group like ttp with just a few thousanf foghters ne nak men dam kr dya tha pichle 15 sal men hamara, if shia groupa spring up funded by iran or india etc we would be in trouble believe me we would be, and now coming to the other side of the argument yemen is the campaign of a single zionist jew controlled family to save its existance aka the alsauds, that shouldnt involve us, never that is not a war for the protection of arabia but the securtiy of a monarchy, if hijaz is threatened we will be there before anyother muslim nation believe me, and in a long term scenario we would want the zionist al asaud family to fall and freedom returning to the great arab people who have been enslaved by that satanic family since 1920's.
PPP and it's goons(Sunnis/Shias/etc) are always gonna try to sell Pakistan not bcuz of their religious beliefs but bcuz they are greedy bastards. I don't agree with the whole Shias of Pakistan betraying Pak for Iran. They are just as loyal to Pak as it's other citizens. I don't think u should be spreading this nonsense of Sunni being the epitome of a loyal Pakistani and Shias being backstabbers. It's simply not true and it creates a divide. No matter one's religious views, caste, tribe, or ethnicity we r all Pakistani. The only Pakistanis(no matter their religious views, ethnicity, etc.) who will betray Pakistan in an instant are the greedy ones among us. They are the Mir Jafars and Mir Sadiqs of our time who care about nothing but money and dance to the tunes of whoever is throwing money at them. If u are a grown up as u claim to be I hope u will rise above this myopic sectarian view.

PPP and it's goons(Sunnis/Shias/etc) are always gonna try to sell Pakistan not bcuz of their religious beliefs but bcuz they are greedy bastards. I don't agree with the whole Shias of Pakistan betraying Pak for Iran. They are just as loyal to Pak as it's other citizens. I don't think u should be spreading this nonsense of Sunni being the epitome of a loyal Pakistani and Shias being backstabbers. It's simply not true and it creates a divide. No matter one's religious views, caste, tribe, or ethnicity we r all Pakistani. The only Pakistanis(no matter their religious views, ethnicity, etc.) who will betray Pakistan in an instant are the greedy ones among us. They are the Mir Jafars and Mir Sadiqs of our time who care about nothing but money and dance to the tunes of whoever is throwing money at them. If u are a grown up as u claim to be I hope u will rise above this myopic sectarian view.
Seems like u didnt get the essence of my post, i was only talkin about pakistani shia's who are loyal to iran, im surr many shia's have nothing to do with iran but a large number does dance to its tune and of u dont know that than ur lack of knowledge is not my fault, similarly didnt i mention the alsauds as the epitome of evil? If was biased towards shia's wouldnt is ay that iran is all bad and saudis all good, im equally weary of those saudi funded sunni fanatics here who are more loyal to saudis than pakistan and hence will betray pakistan too so we have to avoid getting in such sectarian conflicts abrosd cause we know the ground reality in pakistan, steps must be taken to minimise iranian influence on pakistani shia's and saudi influence of pakistani sunnis, both groups are stupid, both sides have actually nothing to do with islam and are actually stooges of two different dyansties hungry for power aka persian and saudi ones, iran and saudis are born snakes, one side allies it self with india while the other sells islam to israel and zionists, pakistan is the only place left from where true islam can rise and we must save it all costs, the rest of the muslims world has already been infested by this saudi iranian strife except turkey perhaps and that is why i always say turkey is tailor made to be one of the closest allies of pakista..

Seems like u didnt get the essence of my post, i was only talkin about pakistani shia's who are loyal to iran, im surr many shia's have nothing to do with iran but a large number does dance to its tune and of u dont know that than ur lack of knowledge is not my fault, similarly didnt i mention the alsauds as the epitome of evil? If was biased towards shia's wouldnt is ay that iran is all bad and saudis all good, im equally weary of those saudi funded sunni fanatics here who are more loyal to saudis than pakistan and hence will betray pakistan too so we have to avoid getting in such sectarian conflicts abrosd cause we know the ground reality in pakistan, steps must be taken to minimise iranian influence on pakistani shia's and saudi influence of pakistani sunnis, both groups are stupid, both sides have actually nothing to do with islam and are actually stooges of two different dyansties hungry for power aka persian and saudi ones, iran and saudis are born snakes, one side allies it self with india while the other sells islam to israel and zionists, pakistan is the only place left from where true islam can rise and we must save it all costs, the rest of the muslims world has already been infested by this saudi iranian strife except turkey perhaps and that is why i always say turkey is tailor made to be one of the closest allies of pakista..
Agreed.
I thought u were talking about Pakistani Shias in general. Sorry that's my bad.

The only ones who have this stupid mentality deep rooted in them are the Arab countries and Iran. There are other countries besides just Turkey and Pak that can easily rise above this sectarianism. Indonesia/Malaysia/Bangladesh and the Muslims of India and Philippines seem to have less of those problems.

Agreed.
I thought u were talking about Pakistani Shias in general. Sorry that's my bad.

The only ones who have this stupid mentality deep rooted in them are the Arab countries and Iran. There are other countries besides just Turkey and Pak that can easily rise above this sectarianism. Indonesia/Malaysia/Bangladesh and the Muslims of India and Philippines seem to have less of those problems.
Yes, ofcourse but they are soft states and lack the will to be hardliners hence they choose to linger on the sideliness away from all this mess moreover they lack the military prowess to get thier opinions heard but anything can happen in the future, the list of countries u mentioned need to up the ante on thier military capabilities fast, indonesia atleast seems to be trying, thier economy is a big plus, pakistan can undergo major defence projects as we have the will, tech and knowhow to do so, pakistan needs to strentghen its relations with turkey and indonesia, they can provide ample investments in defence projects run by pakistan just as the europeons do, we need to get away from saudis as too many strings come attached with their funding...

they are also many al hadees/wahabis that dance to tune of saudi arabia.

problem is that wahabis/al hadees(not general sunnis) dance to Saudis and mostly shia to iran.
this is the reality nothing to do with any bias

they are also many al hadees/wahabis that dance to tune of saudi arabia.

problem is that wahabis/al hadees(not general sunnis) dance to Saudis and mostly shia to iran.
this is the reality nothing to do with any bias
Yes, but they dance to thier tunes cause the saudis and iranians fund these organizations here, stop the funding and these organizations will disappear on their own without stirring up a shit storm, its economics, nothing beats it...

Peace Falcon II
There have been talks about a second batch of 16 refurbished F-16s, which would have been delivered under the Peace Falcon II program. After initial talks in 1999, no further news has become available about this program. The RJAF is still looking for a replacement for its obsolete F-5 fighters which are due within a couple of years. They are in favor of acquiring another batch of F-16s for this replacement.

On January 29th, 2003, numerous sources indicated that Jordan received 6 F-16 fighters that day in a ceremony held at Shahid Muafaq Al-Satlti AFB. This ceremony was attended by prince Faisal bin Hussain and US ambassador Jordan Edward W. Gnehm. The US embassy in Amman stated that these 6 aircraft were the first of a batch of another 17 (12 A's and 5 B's) that would be delivered to Jordan during the year 2003. All these aircraft are former US ANG F-16 ADF's. These aircraft are to be upgraded with the MLU modification (See Modifications and Armament).

Ultimately, 16 A-models and 1 B-model was delivered to the RJAF. Most of those airframes were put into storage waiting for their MLU conversion. In 2008 these modifications were in full swing at the TUSAS facility in Ankara, Turkey. By 2009 all of those modified airframes will be delivered back to Jordan for operational use.

View attachment 375392

View attachment 375393

Israeli AF could not afford $25K plus (vs 8/9 K for F16s) per hour cost of F15, so their pilots used to fly 50/50, simulator and actual flying hours per year ;)

The Israelis couldn't operate them because it was too costly....that's a good one.

Now what's the actual position about these 15 F-16's... are we going to have them too from Jordan or not? As we did bought some from Jordan before. Plz update @ anyone.

Now what's the actual position about these 15 F-16's... are we going to have them too from Jordan or not? As we did bought some from Jordan before. Plz update @ anyone.

No clue ;) but they will be more expensive as they are mlued (avionics plus airframe upgrades bring close to blk52) but has less airframe time left compared to last batch averaging app 2000 hours vs 3000 hours for the last batch on non mlued (upgraded to ocu , avionics for Bvr plus other ) and airframe life was extended to 8000 hours, anyway not news but since Jordan has taken them off their website I guess some one is going to get them or jaf gave up on selling them

Last edited:
The aircraft are pending US government approval and since things at Capitol Hill are either running in circles are at stand still, it's just a waiting game for when the go ahead is given.

The aircraft are pending US government approval and since things at Capitol Hill are either running in circles are at stand still, it's just a waiting game for when the go ahead is given.

And for how many are we talking about here bro ?

Back
Top Bottom