What's new

135 Million a Unit,Dassault n Lockheed having great laugh on Indias 5th gen Fighter program with Rus

That is why I asked you to go and ask one of those experienced pilots out there in your airforce about it. You will not believe me anyways because of my nationality.
Our pilots complain about AL-31 alot in the media and one reason J-11B was created was to upgrade those Russian planes. I would say the quality and build of current J-XX is better than Russian.

You won't believe me either because of my nationality.

Let me tell you the truth. If there is a full fledged war break out in year 2025, we will Annhilated IAF within 72 hours.

You always choose to believe China can overrun you after a huge defeat like 1962. Indians are not good war, yo guys better concentrate on making Roti Pratas and Bollywood.

OUr pilots complain about AL-31 alot in the media and one reason J-11 was created was to upgrade those Russian planes. I would say the quality and build of current J-XX is better than Russian.

Well yes the AL 31 is too complex, but costs much less than P&W F100. That is the reason why the WS 10 engine was created. But Turbofan engine technology concept is much more simple but the basic sciences like metallurgy and physics must be reinvented.

For the cost of a single P&W F 100 you can buy two AL 31F engines. As long as the West has sanctions against China in place and the WS series of engines are not completely reliable you have no choice but to use the AL 31Fs.

The Russians have designed it that way because of their experiences in wars...No in field workshop can actually fix an engine under war times so anyway the engine must be ditched. So why not make it cheaper with the same parameters of the western conterparts? I think that is a sound logic.

Well yes the AL 31 is too complex, but costs much less than P&W F100. That is the reason why the WS 10 engine was created. But Turbofan engine technology concept is much more simple but the basic sciences like metallurgy and physics must be reinvented.

For the cost of a single P&W F 100 you can buy two AL 31F engines. As long as the West has sanctions against China in place and the WS series of engines are not completely reliable you have no choice but to use the AL 31Fs.

The Russians have designed it that way because of their experiences in wars...No in field workshop can actually fix an engine under war times so anyway the engine must be ditched. So why not make it cheaper with the same parameters of the western conterparts? I think that is a sound logic.
The day not a single Russian engine is used, I would stand in pride of Chinese achievement, now we are still catching up. I believe in 3-5 years, you will see the results.

Let me tell you the truth. If there is a full fledged war break out in year 2025, we will Annhilated IAF within 72 hours.

You always choose to believe China can overrun you after a huge defeat like 1962. Indians are not good war, yo guys better concentrate on making Roti Pratas and Bollywood.
Thats slightly a bit unfair mate :)

You guys always rebuff (which I tend to agree) with most US and western members when they say Chinese have a lack of experience and Chinese aren't good at war, so interesting to see you do the same right here. o_O

:pop:Waiting :cheers:For something sensible from your mouth :coffee:
:guns::cheesy:

Our pilots complain about AL-31 alot in the media and one reason J-11B was created was to upgrade those Russian planes. I would say the quality and build of current J-XX is better than Russian.

:drag:The F-35 is having significant problems with one of its most important components: the engine.
Nearly Every nation on this planet has gone through these stages of engine failure after all its a machine when a dumb head like your mates can be allowed to speak :big_boss: Than why cant a machine have problems still be used :azn:
:crazy_pilot:
:guns::cheesy:

Like you can compare, JF 17 to SU30MKM/MKI/MKK.....:shout:
KLJ7V2 Radar of JF17 Thunder can track 5 Square meters RCS Target from 105 Km. While Su30MKI has a mamoth RCS of 20 Square Meters so detection for MKI will be upto 125KM with such huge cross section.
SD10 Missile can target Su30MKI From 100Km away.
And i am not even mentioning the KLJ7 AESA that is ready to be deployed now. Its from Mechenical KLJ That is already on board.

While JF17 Thunder Radar cross section is just 3 Meters Square. And the
The Bars Radar on MKI can detect Mig29 Size Twin engine fighter with RCS of >5 Sqm from 140KM for JF17 its just 3Sqm.
BVR Missile on Su30MKI is R77 that have a maximum range of 110Km.

In Short. Yes JF17 thunder can take down Su30MKI and MKI have NO SIGNIFICANT Advantage over JFT in head to head combat. Its other roles where MKI Excels like itws range Payload Strike Capability, mini AWACS Role. And many other Features that JFT lacks. But Head to Head its an even match.
The only Bird that Paksitan should be worried about is Rafale which is still 2 3 years away.
Else your Airforce of 349 4thgen Figthers like MKI, Mirage2000 and Mig 29 Equipped with R77 and MICA can not overpower Paksitani 164 4th gen Fleet of F16s and JFTs equipped with SD10 and AIM120 AMRAAM as on current date

Read into Janes to verify the above quoted facts and Figures instead of watching NDTV and reading Bharat Rakshak.

Regards.
Your Friendly Neibour

KLJ7V2 Radar of JF17 Thunder can track 5 Square meters RCS Target from 105 Km. While Su30MKI has a mamoth RCS of 20 Square Meters so detection for MKI will be upto 125KM with such huge cross section.
SD10 Missile can target Su30MKI From 100Km away.
And i am not even mentioning the KLJ7 AESA that is ready to be deployed now. Its from Mechenical KLJ That is already on board.

While JF17 Thunder Radar cross section is just 3 Meters Square. And the
The Bars Radar on MKI can detect Mig29 Size Twin engine fighter with RCS of >5 Sqm from 140KM for JF17 its just 3Sqm.
BVR Missile on Su30MKI is R77 that have a maximum range of 110Km.

In Short. Yes JF17 thunder can take down Su30MKI and MKI have NO SIGNIFICANT Advantage over JFT in head to head combat. Its other roles where MKI Excels like itws range Payload Strike Capability, mini AWACS Role. And many other Features that JFT lacks. But Head to Head its an even match.
The only Bird that Paksitan should be worried about is Rafale which is still 2 3 years away.
Else your Airforce of 349 4thgen Figthers like MKI, Mirage2000 and Mig 29 Equipped with R77 and MICA can not overpower Paksitani 164 4th gen Fleet of F16s and JFTs equipped with SD10 and AIM120 AMRAAM as on current date

Read into Janes to verify the above quoted facts and Figures instead of watching NDTV and reading Bharat Rakshak.

Regards.
Your Friendly Neibour
The analysis is very substantial.
Based on the combat drill between the Su-27 and J-11A of China and Gripen of Thailand, in a BVR air combat, avionics and RCS really matter much more than maneuverability and payload. The sooner you find the foe, the superior you will be .
In the simulated BVR combat, Gripen achieved a 4:0 score against Su-27.
In the internal drill of PLAAF, J-20 got an overwhelming superiority on countering the 4th gen figures ,J-10A, J-11B and Su-30mkk , with a result of a 10:0 score.
Such a landslide victory of the 5th gen fighters against 4th gen jets happened in US red flag exercises either.

Last edited:
Why do you always forget, jammers and EW suits of Su 30mki??
I mean its like comparing Rolex watch which has 220 parts and a fake Rolex which has around 100, and R27 ER AAM of Su 30 have a long range of 130km......Su 30mki are going to get ZHUK AESA too....which is having a tracking range of 200 km for 3m^2 targets, can track 30 targets and engage 6 of them at a time, You really think India shows all its cards like a baniya and not keep some of them for later? Every single range and tracking figures are in training mode, not even Russians expose such info, your chinese friends are aware of it and often tell these things to your air chief, Bars as of now is still a very powerful radar in IAF inventory after the phalcon radar on IL76.....and who the hell is Jane's to varify such secretive info?:lol:
You really trust Russian weapons alot.

But why is Dassault laughing? They don't even have a 5th gen on paper.

If Russians weren't the best, they would had been decimated long ago, aren't you too dependent on them indirectly??
They earned US respect as a worthy adversary....
If Pakistanis can put their lives on Chinese weapons, Russian weapons are 1000 times better, Chinese are still learning what Soviets did 30 years ago...
Well, if you insist, just my two cents.

There are only two worthy 5th generation fighters like the f35 and the pakfa as of now and definitely the technology would be expensive.

Isn't India following J-20 development? :D

The chinese themselves are not following the J-20 development, they are just waiting for russia to finish the user trials of pakfa.

Why do you always forget, jammers and EW suits of Su 30mki??
I mean its like comparing Rolex watch which has 220 parts and a fake Rolex which has around 100, and R27 ER AAM of Su 30 have a long range of 130km......Su 30mki are going to get ZHUK AESA too....which is having a tracking range of 200 km for 3m^2 targets, can track 30 targets and engage 6 of them at a time, You really think India shows all its cards like a baniya and not keep some of them for later? Every single range and tracking figures are in training mode, not even Russians expose such info, your chinese friends are aware of it and often tell these things to your air chief, Bars as of now is still a very powerful radar in IAF inventory after the phalcon radar on IL76.....and who the hell is Jane's to varify such secretive info?[emoji38]
Please provide link with the news of a signed contract of AESA upgrade for Su30MKI instead of typical indian PLANS.
for the time being and in near future its still Bars.
And MKI can only have R27 Semi active homing version whose max range is from 115 to 117km
and the R27 Infrared homing version whose max range is 104Km

130KM is Active seeker variant which MKI cannot fire.

No meed to smile and giggle while distorting facts from bharat rakshak sources. atleast jane is Better source then "Nothing".

Plus every modern fighter have its own Counter measures. JFT have its own.

Point stands there. no AESA still on any MKI. its all Bars. check through all squadrons of your airforce.
Planned Planes are Plans only untill they are signed in proper contract.
Cheers

There are only two worthy 5th generation fighters like the f35 and the pakfa as of now and definitely the technology would be expensive.
The chinese themselves are not following the J-20 development, they are just waiting for russia to finish the user trials of pakfa.
Ok.
Now, since you believe the J-20 which has been produced in small quantities is a fake plane, india should just develop your 5th gen plane on your own,cause there is not direct pressure from your neighbours.
Just take it easy. Don't let Russia play with you again.

Back
Top Bottom