What's new

130 hrs and still on: U'khand Prof breaks Guinness’ non-stop lecture record

45'22'

Reaction score
Country
India
Done it! A Deharadun university professor broke the Guinness book's 121-hour non-stop lecture record at 7am on Thursday and chose to continue till the clock sounded 170 hours.

fee7a612-13fb-46af-b982-e4dc598d93afwallpaper1.jpg

Assistant professor Arivind Mishra's face beamed as he clocked past Polish national, Errol Muzawazi's 121-hour record in the morning at Dehradun's Graphic Era University (GEU) auditorium.

The proceedings are being relayed live on www.marathonlecture.in and watched by a panel of the Guinness Book of World records.

The professor can receive the yes call from the panel any time now.

Mishra is looking fine, but his voice is showing the signs of strain which is making it difficult for him to carry on. But, he is not stopping.

He has exceeded even the self-set target of 130 hours at 4pm on Tuesday. He is allowed a break of 5 minutes after every one hour and a 30 second pause between sentences.

He began his marathon lecture at 6am on March 1. The topic of his lecture is 'scientific computation'.

Mishra had been rehearsing for the feat since 2009. He has already delivered a marathon lecture of 110 hours in the rehearsal.

His mother Pushpa Mishra, who has reached from Kanpur, says that she is overjoyed at her son's feat." I don't have words to describe my happiness," she said.

GEU professor Subhash Gupta, who is supervising the entire event said, "The record will now be sent to the Guinness World Records office in London for certification. All the norms have been met. The world records team is also keeping an eye on the event."

The family has seen many ups and downs and the professor always provided them support like a rock.

After schooling and college, he taught for some time at Krishna Engineering College in Kanpur. After which he got the job of an assistant professor with GEU in the mechanical department in 2012.

130 hrs and still on: U'khand Prof breaks Guinness’ non-stop lecture record - Hindustan Times

Lecture listening ka bhe record claim kar loo yara :lol: 1hr ka lecture nehin suna jaata 121 hours kesay bardasht kar lia logon nay o_O

I fell asleep during a 3 hour lecture today. 130 hours? eff that.

Not a big deal, you should listen to my teachers lectures, they manage to make a lecture of 45 mins feel like a lecture of years.....:-)
BTW is any student being ''forced'' to listen to this guy.....

Back
Top Bottom