What's new

13 Yr Old Saudi Girl Sentenced to 90 Lashes

Thomas there is crime but thanks LORD not upto the level of usa where several women are raped every second.

How many of you knucklehead has gone to saudi arabia or experienced with their school system that made you post low qoulity remark and how hard it is to make such video and post it on you tube just to give bad name to saudi system?

You jokers must be ******* kidding me!!! :tdown:

Thomas there is crime but thanks LORD not upto the level of usa where several women are raped every second.

it's actually hard to say what the true figures "per capita" are in Saudi Arabia. what is reported is just the tip of the iceberg of what really goes on. many times becuase the victim can be punished as well. I still contend that the evil within man's heart to commit crimes is the same no matter where you live. While I have no doubt figures are lower then what goes on in the U.S. it is still much higher then most people would like to believe.

Let me ask this what are the crime statistics for a city like Kurachi which is a little more than 1/2 the population of Saudi Arabia?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since how many years SaudiArabi is on map of earth and how many times did we heard rape victim got punished? never before.
This is how news presented the story to us which to sounds totally out of context and timing could not have been perfect.
Don't tell me that in western courts justice is handed 100%.

Chances are there for mistakes but if i remember the case of raped vicitm was not so simple, she was probably went into sex with concent but since her advenbtureism went out of hand she had no choice but to report it is as rape, which really happened.

Any how now since this debate is shifting from govt. to society.
I can share (only) one personal story over here...
I was in Saudi in a restaurant together with a Saudi guy and an European fellow. Saudi was from Qatif area and kept complaining about the govt. he even said we are living in jail and he wish for democracy. it seemed to me like he is begging this (humble)European guy for help against the govt.
Now this Saudi had a good salary which he earn based on govt. policy of Saudization of jobs but he is unthankful for no obvious reasons. He has same rights as every other Saudi and he is respected by his fellows but how dark is is heart for his fellow Saudis and state which feed him, just becasue he is born in Saudi.
This left a bad image of this guy on me and i never respected the person in my heart.

Yes..... Saudis them self are unthankful and in small villages they are even worst and this too due to the patronising of state. Which is just to help their own citizens on preferential basis in service sector and this undue favorotism of state towards its own citizen actually has lead to hate for Saudi govt. among expatriates.
This is my personal conclusion for the grievences among expatriates.

Moral: press reporting being used to potray govt. wrong are mostly flase and malafied.

Come on now BATMAN... don't try to change the subject... This stuff happens everywhere but this thread is about Saudi Arabia.

exactly the words i wanted to say... come on guys... if you really have to discuss it than discuss it don't issue fatwas while ignoring my aurgument while in response every one seems to look for out of context links (already discussed to death in this forum) e.g. the link about girl punished for being raped.....once i clear that issue than that vedio clip about general life and than this indian pointing fingers before knowing that perhaps he was born in india after numerous female foeticide.

I have seen Saudi Arabia from inside.... and the daily life issues and their background. I have told you honestly that problem is not with the govt. it is with the people and not to the extent what we have in other parts of the world which surprisingly evade media scrutiny.
Last guy was extreme now i hope if he has some sense of shame would refrain to blame saudi arabia on issues related to their women.
99% women in Saudi have better living conditions and rights than india.

it's actually hard to say what the true figures "per capita" are in Saudi Arabia. what is reported is just the tip of the iceberg of what really goes on. many times becuase the victim can be punished as well. I still contend that the evil within man's heart to commit crimes is the same no matter where you live. While I have no doubt figures are lower then what goes on in the U.S. it is still much higher then most people would like to believe.

Let me ask this what are the crime statistics for a city like Kurachi which is a little more than 1/2 the population of Saudi Arabia?
The problem here is statistics, which to me so far few here understand. To them, if 'it', whatever 'it' may be, is not reported and recorded, then 'it' does not not exist. It is self-induced delusion. The next problem is the definition of sexual assault, which contain rape and even groping a person, man or woman, in an inappropriate manner.

sexual assault: Definition from Answers.com
Conduct of a sexual or indecent nature toward another person that is accompanied by actual or threatened physical force or that induces fear, shame, or mental suffering.

We can also use words like 'molestation' but it is essentially the same thing. If we criminalize acts of 'sexual assaults', then the statistics will be higher than if we criminalize only forcible rapes. What these people fail to understand is that we are being more honest about the problem of sexual assaults in our country than they are in theirs. Of course, those figures give them convenient rhetorical ammunition to cast the US as a society on the verge of collapse and what-nots.

Back
Top Bottom