What's new

12-year-old gangrape survivor forced to live on the streets

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Jaipur: In yet another story of shame, gangraped in Rajasthan, a 12-year-survivor undergoing treatment at AIIMS in Delhi has now been forced to live on the streets. This after Rajasthan Bhavan in the national capital shut its doors for her and her family.

Less than two years after she was brutally gangraped in Sikar, the 12-year-old is yet to recover. She has had 20 surgeries, but has no home to go to. She and her family were forced out of Rajasthan Bhavan where they were staying for the past 11 months even as she underwent treatment at Delhi's AIIMS Hospital. The girl's family says they were brought to Sikar in the middle of the night and dropped off by the roadside.

"We are being threatened, nobody is even taking care of us and not renting us a room here. They have left us on the road side," said the rape survivor's sister.

The family had come to Sikar from Bihar's Darbhanga in search of work. On August 12, 2012, while she was on her way back from a movie with her sisters, she was abducted and gangraped by four men. When CNN-IBN confronted the district authorities, all they could do was give assurances.

"We will provide all help to them, if they need security we will provide that. They will be moved to a house soon," said Haider Zaidi, SP, Sikar.

While some locals have come forward to help the family, the Rajasthan government has let them down. Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi said, "We shall talk to the Rajasthan government and see what can be done. We shall do anything it takes to give the girl justice. I've only heard about the story through the media."

Rajasthan: 12-year-old gangrape survivor forced to live on the streets - IBNLive

The positive sideof the story is:
some locals have come forward to help the family
The Rajasthan government has let them down. Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi said, "We shall talk to the Rajasthan government and see what can be done.

And that is the difference with India. You have sick people who commit crimes like this, and some government officials who don't care.

But ordinary people still have enough decency to support the victims or fight for them. Till now, Indians have not fallen so low that they applaud or stay indifferent when hundreds of women are murdered every year, openly and in broad daylight in the name of honour.

What exactly is the Govt supposed to do here?
Provide lodging for the rest of the family's life?

Govt got her treated in AIIMS. After treatment and counselling, the family has to start standing up and fending for itself. If the family is feeling threatened, then yes, it is the Govt's duty to provide them security and an atmosphere free from threat.

But its not Govt's duty to provide them a house.

What exactly is the Govt supposed to do here?
Provide lodging for the rest of the family's life?

Govt got her treated in AIIMS. After treatment and counselling, the family has to start standing up and fending for itself. If the family is feeling threatened, then yes, it is the Govt's duty to provide them security and an atmosphere free from threat.

But its not Govt's duty to provide them a house.

There should be something called Rehabilitation for the victim at least....

There should be something called Rehabilitation for the victim at least....
I agree.
And so I would rather that the Govt makes sure she gets admitted in a school and everything. But if the family is living on the streets, it means they had no home earlier as well - and so where should the girl get admitted?

I agree.
And so I would rather that the Govt makes sure she gets admitted in a school and everything. But if the family is living on the streets, it means they had no home earlier as well - and so where should the girl get admitted?

Why do we have elected governments then???? ( i dono which state this girl is from ).... What is their role???? This girl and her family cannot be treated the way any other homeless family.....

I am sorry i cannot agree with you here....

For me every citizen is the responsibility of the government.... Which may not be possible.... But They cannot wash their hands from some thing like this......

Why do we have elected governments then???? ( i dono which state this girl is from ).... What is their role???? This girl and her family cannot be treated the way any other homeless family.....

I am sorry i cannot agree with you here....

For me every citizen is the responsibility of the government.... Which may not be possible.... But They cannot wash their hands from some thing like this......
I think the Govt has a responsibility towards the child, not her family.
Let us agree to disagree.

The problem is India as a country just doesn't have enough resources. As is mentioned here, the government did take care of her to some extent. Bit beyond a point there are so many unfortunates and victims, and not enough hospital beds and money.

Some day, we will get there and be in a position to support all those who need help. That's the goal, that's why hindus, muslims and christians chose Modi's development agenda, because the only thing that matters is to grow the economy.

I think the Govt has a responsibility towards the child, not her family.
Let us agree to disagree.

There is nothing to disagree..... The very point which i was disagreeing was to the child...... If she is rehabilitated that itself is a good thing......If they could do something about the family, that will be good......

Back
Top Bottom