What's new

12 injured as Muslim men attack Dalit basti

AT LEAST a dozen people, including a woman, sustained injuries when a group of Muslim men attacked a Dalit settlement in a village in Azamgarh district’s Jiyanpur area late Monday. While police have registered a case, heavy forces have been deployed in the area to maintain calm.

Police said some women from the Dalit basti were on their way to answer nature’s call around 8 pm in Basupar village when some Muslim youths allegedly made objectionable comments and indulged in eve-teasing.

“When the women raised an alarm, their relatives reached the spot. This led to an argument. However, things apparently were sorted out, as both sides left for their respective places. Later, over 10 people from the Muslim locality, armed with sticks, reached the Dalit settlement. They began beating up whoever came in their way,” said Senior Sub-Inspector Yogendra Bahadur Singh, in-charge of Jiyanpur police station.

The injured were taken to a nearby hospital and police were informed. The Dalit residents also reached the police station and raised slogans demanding action against the accused. PAC personnel and forces from other nearby police stations were rushed to the spot to prevent the situation from flaring up.

“A case has been registered against nine persons, including one Asif and others. All of them fled after the police reached the area. The situation is calm as of now,” said Singh.

12 injured as Muslim men attack Dalit basti | The Indian Express
Dalits are no pushover these days, I wont be surprised if they fight back with double intensity
Where are the foot soldiers of Bindi Brigade or Dalit crusaders? Why is our media silent over growing ISIS influence over Muslim youths in India.

@JanjaWeed @Star Wars @IndoCarib @Mike_Brando @Nilgiri

dalits are no pushover these days, I wont be surprised if they fight back

Brahman killing dalit,muslims killing dalit,christians killing dalit.

why everyone in india is after dalit?
pak army killing pushtoons, Taliban killing pashtoons, pashtoons killing pashtoons.

Why everyone in Pakistan is after pashtoons?

ignore that nincompoop chinki chameli bro, certainly not worth ur attention

Just because I speak the truth about India does not make me a "chi*ki". I'm shocked and appalled that the mods still have not erase posted with this racist term. You may disagree with me but there is no need to insult people of another country. Tell you what, I'll stop speaking truth about India if you stop your insults. Deal?

Just because I speak the truth about India does not make me a "chi*ki". I'm shocked and appalled that the mods still have not erase posted with this racist term. You may disagree with me but there is no need to insult people of another country. Tell you what, I'll stop speaking truth about India if you stop your insults. Deal?

This is like saying "Heads I win, Tales you loose"

If it's a genuine offer, you should say "I will stop trolling or speaking lies about India, if you stop insulting me"

This is like saying "Heads I win, Tales you loose"

If it's a genuine offer, you should say "I will stop trolling or speaking lies about India, if you stop insulting me"

No one is lying about India here. It's you and your countryman that has problems handling the truth.

I don't know why Indians are shocked or angry. Indian Muslims were probably just jealous of seeing the fairer, taller and better-looking higher caste Hindus pelting their shorter and uglier counterparts with stones, lynching them, beating up them etc., and wanted a piece of the action. Nothing outrageous tbh.

I don't know why Indians are shocked or angry. Indian Muslims were probably just jealous of seeing the fairer, taller and better-looking higher caste Hindus pelting their shorter and uglier counterparts with stones, lynching them, beating up them etc., and wanted a piece of the action. Nothing outrageous tbh.

To the Indians,Dalits are Higher caste Indians punching bags, not Muslims. They regard Muslims action toward the Dalits as taking their birth rights.

Back
Top Bottom