What's new

11 killed in fire at Karachi's Regent Plaza hotel

alimobin memon

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dear Members, tonight regent plaza caught fire. My father was there Thank God he is fine, but sadly my father and the other dg health members who were there for a meeting and presentation regarding some health project among them some are rumored dead please pray for the ones who are injured and dead.

According to my father, fire started btw 1 to 2 am and fire brigade came very late around 4 am by then whole hotel was in smoke and my father was in 6th floor.

Last edited:
The media is not even telling what the f hotel it is. naji naji lage hue hai media wale tou. aur fire brigades tou apni jaga lekin itni kaafi achi hotel or koi emergency exit bhi nai hadd hai yar.
Well the best way to get fire brigade reach timely is not to contact them but to media immediately: a live coverage forces these corrupt and incompetent person to act and respond.

At least 11 people were killed and 30 others injured when a huge fire erupted at Karachi's Regent Plaza hotel early Monday, rescue officials said.

The blaze broke out in the kitchen located at the ground floor of the hotel at the city's Shahrah-i-Faisal, and spread across the six floor building, trapping scores of hotel guests in their rooms.

Last edited:
11 lost their lives including 2 doctors. Very sad incident.

I do not understand why these fire incidents are happening so often now. And mainly in Karachi. No conspiracy theory but question should be raised.

Also, it seems a very good hotel with a standard and NO EMERGENCY EXIST???????

According to my father, fire started btw 1 to 2 am and fire brigade came very late around 4 am by then whole hotel was in smoke and my father was in 6th floor

I hope he's fine.

I do not understand why these fire incidents are happening so often now. And mainly in Karachi. No conspiracy theory but question should be raised.

I hope he's fine.
one is named dr sher ali i know him personally one of Baba's team member they were here to present the health institution improvement and status. My father is Additional Director of Sindh second to dg and director of health. He was to present along with his team including dr sher ali and others. probably to Chinese delegates or I think the federal govt ministers. last time it was Secretariat meeting. Baba told us that he was in PC hotel but at 11pm they shifted to Regent Plaza what a coincidence.

Yes no emergency or exit. and even funny thing and angry to be about is the fact that fire erupted at around 1 to 2 am and brigades came 1:30 to 2 hrs late that is around 4 o'clock.

My father and one of his team member broke the glass themselves, media is saying glasses were order to break, but reality is victims themselves broke the glass. My father took taxi and directly came home around 4:45am and was shaking, asked where I put the monthly budget money took all and went to jinnah to save his colleagues if need be.

Baba was on 6th floor, there was no electricity due to fire and lifts were out no emergency measures at all, investigate and punish the regent plaza committee or stackholders and ask why no emergency measures are present.

Last edited:
one is named dr sher ali i know him personally one of Baba's team member they were here to present the health institution improvement and status. My father is Additional Director of Sindh second to dg and director of health. He was to present along with his team including dr sher ali and others. probably to Chinese delegates or I think the federal govt ministers. last time it was Secretariat meeting. Baba told us that he was in PC hotel but at 11pm they shifted to Regent Plaza what a coincidence.

Yes no emergency or exit. and even funny thing and angry to be about is the fact that fire erupted at around 1 to 2 am and brigades came 1:30 to 2 hrs late that is around 4 o'clock.

My father and one of his team member broke the glass themselves, media is saying glasses were order to break, but reality is victims themselves broke the glass. My father took taxi and directly came home around 4:45am and was shaking, asked where I put the monthly budget money took all and went to jinnah to save his colleagues if need be.

Baba was on 6th floor, there was no electricity due to fire and lifts were out no emergency measures at all, investigate and punish the regent plaza committee or stackholders and ask why no emergency measures are present.

Very unfortunate about the emergency exist. It is not even a 3rd class hotel.
Alhumdulillah your father is fine and sorry about his friend.

May Allah rank all of them higher place in heavens.

Very unfortunate about the emergency exist. It is not even a 3rd class hotel.
Alhumdulillah your father is fine and sorry about his friend.

May Allah rank all of them higher place in heavens.
But emergency exit is compulsory, people didnt die to fire caught them but suffocation the death was slow and painful.

I hope he's fine.
Incident happen late at night 1-2pm i guess most were sleeping and died of smoke inhalation in their sleep

Incident happen late at night 1-2pm i guess most were sleeping and died of smoke inhalation in their sleep
Alarm broke everyone was awakened. but electricity went off and there was no exit. Sheri Ali Dr who died already was on dialysis due to kidney failure 2 months ago.
pakistan news page facebook, in that a guy commented his cusin in 5th floor who is fine saw a woman jump from window.

Should be eye opener to developers who are building sky scrapers in Pakistan , hope they implement good anti fire system

a) Sprinklers
b) Fire extinguishers
c) Anti fire material usage in building

The issue of fire brigade is serious one in Pakistan due to lack of proper tools

Back
Top Bottom