What's new

100 Movies To See Before You Die!

S-2 gets all teary-eyed

S-2, your softer side is showing!!!

Yeah but PAFAce is correct about Shakespeare. Sheer eloquent power of unbridled majesty in that speech.

Both Cross of Iron and Stalingrad were hugely excellent movies. Another for sheer realism that exceeded any other Vietnam flick was Hamburger Hill. Seemed as real as possible to me. We Were Soldiers could have been but they messed the terrain slightly. Otherwise a superb reflection of the first half of the Ia Drang fight. Very intense.

To get that dry scrub central highlands effect they used California. Probably to save money too. Too many hills in the film though. Ia Drang was fought beneath the Chu Pong massif but that was it on the plateau. Singular. Then the hokey charge up the hill.

Nothing like that for real...

Moore's battalion and attached companies consolidated, turned it over to another battalion and were lifted out. The other battalion cleared the battlefield and then humped to another location to get extracted and along the way got utterly and totally WHACKED.

2-7 Cav. Read the WHOLE story of the November 1965 Ia Drang campaign some time. Met a Lt. Col. named Joe Marm who won the Medal of Honor at Ia Drang. 2LT Marm was on the second lift into the L.Z. for Lt. Col Moore, I believe as a platoon leader. Shortly after landing he led his platoon across a dry creek bed where they got eaten up by an enfilading HMG. He took it out and seven guys by himself, WIA, and evac'ed to Anh Khe. Lifted, fought, won the CMH, WIA, MEDEVACED in about three hours.

Pretty wild three hours. Maybe the wildest of his life is my guess. Movie was great up to the hokey charge

Oh man now i want to see shawshank redemption again! Ive seen it like a 100 times already and it never gets old! thanks for reminding me keysersoze.

"people go dirty and come out clean...he went clean came out dirty"
-morgan freeman(when andy comes out of the sewage pipe)

Sorry, PAFAce, but I'm technology deficient. I've used Pirate Bay to watch a few basketball games but never knew until here recently that there were old movies out there to watch.

Oh, don't know if it was mentioned but The Great Escape.

McQueen on a bike. Awesome!:agree:

Almost as good as McQueen in a Mustang in Frisco. The boy liked to go fast...with everything.;)

Sorry, PAFAce, but I'm technology deficient. I've used Pirate Bay to watch a few basketball games but never knew until here recently that there were old movies out there to watch.

Oh, don't know if it was mentioned but The Great Escape.

McQueen on a bike. Awesome!:agree:

Almost as good as McQueen in a Mustang in Frisco. The boy liked to go fast...with everything.;)

Bullitt!:cheers:awesome movie and where are your manners - its San Francisco!:enjoy:

Yeah but PAFAce is correct about Shakespeare. Sheer eloquent power of unbridled majesty in that speech.

Both Cross of Iron and Stalingrad were hugely excellent movies. Another for sheer realism that exceeded any other Vietnam flick was Hamburger Hill. Seemed as real as possible to me. We Were Soldiers could have been but they messed the terrain slightly. Otherwise a superb reflection of the first half of the Ia Drang fight. Very intense.

To get that dry scrub central highlands effect they used California. Probably to save money too. Too many hills in the film though. Ia Drang was fought beneath the Chu Pong massif but that was it on the plateau. Singular. Then the hokey charge up the hill.

Nothing like that for real...

Moore's battalion and attached companies consolidated, turned it over to another battalion and were lifted out. The other battalion cleared the battlefield and then humped to another location to get extracted and along the way got utterly and totally WHACKED.

2-7 Cav. Read the WHOLE story of the November 1965 Ia Drang campaign some time. Met a Lt. Col. named Joe Marm who won the Medal of Honor at Ia Drang. 2LT Marm was on the second lift into the L.Z. for Lt. Col Moore, I believe as a platoon leader. Shortly after landing he led his platoon across a dry creek bed where they got eaten up by an enfilading HMG. He took it out and seven guys by himself, WIA, and evac'ed to Anh Khe. Lifted, fought, won the CMH, WIA, MEDEVACED in about three hours.

Pretty wild three hours. Maybe the wildest of his life is my guess. Movie was great up to the hokey charge

hey what about The Tunnel Rats,1968 - awesome and brutal!:enjoy:

Ok boys need to tell you of some of the greatest movies that YOU HAVE T HAVE TO SEE.....

1)SCARFACE

2) COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO

3)FIGHT CLUB or LOCK STOCK & TWO SMOKING BARRELS(these aren't as good or as great as the first two

:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom