What's new

10 Mistakes of Imran Khan in handling PTI

What IK did parallels with what Kejriwaal and his AAP party did in Delhi. They came to government on popular vote and kejriwal personality. He resigned without making a single positive impact on society, agitated against state now he is regretting profoundly he was wrong in resigning
Kejriwal was not popular like Imran khan, AAP was only popular in Delhi. While PTI is second largest party.
There is big difference between AAP party & PTI... In Pakistan, everyone was crying due to rigging.If it happens in India , they would provide justice , re-counting or re-election in case of massive rigging..... But in our case, our Cheap justice Iftikhar was involved in this dirty game. Even Afzal khan said this. That's why, our government was not ready to allow 4 constituencies. They knew that they came due to massive rigging. AAP resigned without making single positive effect, but here Imran khan runs free cancer hospital(70% free for poor people), NUML university in village, KPK government where clear difference of governance than Punjab, their work on streets, on grass root level, etc there is whole thread about this. Here, people are comparing 33 year of Norra government in Punjab & 1 year of PTI government in KPK .:rofl:.

What stops SSP putting together a crowd of 30,000 men and insist that they would not leave until all Shia’s are declared kafir? Or 20,000 Taliban supporters from FATA marching on Islamabad and insisting that Mulla Fazlullah be made Amirul Momeneen?
Whole Punjab was sealed, terrorist threats, Weather hardships, Police badmashi, Still 1 lac+ people reached there. They are representation of 7.7 million votes. Then warm welcome in every town, every city.. Thousands in every city , town,came on roads to welcome Imran khan..

When talking about dharna, This is biggest ever dharna in the history of Pakistan... No other party can do like this. While 40,000 police from all Punjab was nut and less than crowd. There is no sectarian fight like Fazul rehman,, they are fighting for their right, for implementation of constitution from article till article 63. If we don't expose massive rigging, Bilawal is our future and no hope of justice under this nawaz sharif government.
Besides Mr Taliban Khan
Few Islamist says him Yahoodi, few liberal says him Taliban khan... Strange contradiction.
Off-topic, i'm secular.8-)
People are using the different names of IK for just political benefits.

Even today he is only fighting for the principals he promised to his voters and to those who became part of this movement.

Last edited:
Good thread. However, like @Syed.Ali.Haider says, the game ain't over so long as there really is some chance of 'outside' entities shaping event even this late--without those outside forces the game of these protests is REALLY over for both IK and TuQ. And IF IK comes out on top now then--as we all know--he would be praised for his 'wisdom' and 'fortitude' etc.

Related to this discussion--perhaps an 11th point--would be draw parallel with the once-charismatic Asghar Khan who had attracted a lot of politicians in 1976--and how A.Khan too fell from the high point to become a virtual non-entity.

1. There shall always be fear of 'outside' interference until and unless politicians raise their game. Actors can change, but sectional / institutional interests do not.

2. At this stage IK can not come on top. He has confirmed his inflexibility and incompetence to the extent that even if somehow he is 'crowned', he would be known as a puppet nonetheless. It would not take long for him to fall out with powers-that-be.

3. I have already put down a few points about parallels between Asghar Khan and IK. And I hope to compare them. However, his similarity with Asghar Khan is not a mistake as such.

@chakbamu
Excellent analysis my bro:D
@Horus and @WebMaster please publish it for title cover this week.
On serious note Mr.Khan has seriously disappointed me,earlier.He disappointed me that day when he was talking of revolution & new beginning but was accompanied by same 'thaali k bangan or lotaas'
My disappointment increased when he talked against operation despite of the fact that he was aware of Tajik terrorists funded by foreign forces. I ask you my friend, aren't we observing notable change? TTP is more cleaved and destroyed.
Alright,I do support and agree about massive rigging scenario but I reckon that these two party leaders should maintain discipline while protesting-breaking govt channel office is bad strategy.I wish best of luck to all.
Regards

Lack of flexibility from Dharna politicians ensured that they missed to evaluate the timing of Chinese president's visit in the coming days. This is a glaring omission in my view and a factor that will roll up this circus.

Ideally IK should step down and let Asad Umar take over the reigns to save PTI from complete disaster. But then, Asad too is not a politician. He too would meet the same fate as IK. Politics is cruel business.

How about Shah Mahmood or Jehangir Tarin? Can't think of other names in PTI suitable for the job.

Ideally IK should step down and let Asad Umar take over the reigns to save PTI from complete disaster. But then, Asad too is not a politician. He too would meet the same fate as IK. Politics is cruel business.

How about Shah Mahmood or Jehangir Tarin? Can't think of other names in PTI suitable for the job.

I see no one in PTI right now. SMQ seems to have engineered IK's emabarrassment, plus privately he advertises himself as someone who is supported by Army (per his brother). So though I see chances that SMQ might supplant IK, I think it would be a negative change.

I do suppose that Asad Umar might do better than IK, though. Someone should go and get JH back. He has good instincts. He probably warned IK about obvious mistakes. Asad Umar + Javed Hashmi duo can probably steer PTI out of this mess. But the focus should have been on grooming young talent over a decade, this is still the recipe along with administrative reforms within PTI. There is still a chance that JI will stick with them, and that NS might not interfere in KPK.

But no matter how you look at it, IK MUST step away from active decision-making.

I see no one in PTI right now. SMQ seems to have engineered IK's emabarrassment, plus privately he advertises himself as someone who is supported by Army (per his brother). So though I see chances that SMQ might supplant IK, I think it would be a negative change.

I do suppose that Asad Umar might do better than IK, though. Someone should go and get JH back. He has good instincts. He probably warned IK about obvious mistakes. Asad Umar + Javed Hashmi duo can probably steer PTI out of this mess. But the focus should have been on grooming young talent over a decade, this is still the recipe along with administrative reforms within PTI. There is still a chance that JI will stick with them, and that NS might not interfere in KPK.

But no matter how you look at it, IK MUST step away from active decision-making.

Good analysis.

I think PTi will become third party option like in USA.
like that of Ralph Nader / Dennis Kucinich on the left, or some one like Ross perot on the right. He will make a lot of noise in every election but remain a distant third.

Why it is so.

there is a decent number of "anarchists" among Pakistani educated elite.

these anarchists support leftist, ethnic and religious chauvinists such as AH, IK and TuQ.

And these anarchists are not going anywhere.

They are here to stay for a long long time.

Best

When talking about dharna, This is biggest ever dharna in the history of Pakistan... No other party can do like this.

OMG! I swear there is truth to the statement that PTI is a cult revolving around the personality of Imran Khan! The PTI supporter would believe ANYTHING to advance their sinking cause.

@Chak Bamu I could see lot of similarity in IK and kejriwal......

1) Both are from non political background
2) Both are founder of their own party
3) Both are arrogant
4) Both know how to use people sentiments
5) Both get carried away with the support they get
6) Both started of well and people had faith and belief in their way of politics. Eventually they got over confident and become more arrogant.
7)Both of them has an ideology which is very different from other parties in respective countries
8) Both won a state/province assembly (i hope i am right on IK in KPK)
9) Both did very bad in their national elections.

You know why IK is relevant and Kejriwal is not???? Because India has a government which is stable with wide majority and going on the right direction (atleast from the early indications). This reduced the significance of him and his party. If India had a unstable government and if the government was formed with a coalition of regional parties, he would have been a different man and his party would have been on street every day doing what IK and Quadri is doing.

The best thing to avoid such political turmoil is Having a Stable government with a powerful leader as its head, The leader should be able to generate support from its people rather than looking at Army or any other country.....

Note: This was wrongly posted in an another thread (similar subject) so i copied it here for further discussion

Lack of flexibility from Dharna politicians ensured that they missed to evaluate the timing of Chinese president's visit in the coming days. This is a glaring omission in my view and a factor that will roll up this circus.
they were thinking gov will finished before chinese president come . may be they have dream to welcome him as imran PM

they were thinking gov will finished before chinese president come . may be they have dream to welcome him as imran PM
He said 14 months ago that if he don't get justice , he will come on streets. Look, This is inswing of Imran khan, He asked about 4 constituencies, because everybody knew that massive rigging happened... The reason government is not allowing 4 constituencies, because this will expose them.They are surviving on stay orders. Even after 73 NAB cases on Nawaz sharif, their long past. Here, people are comparing 33 year of nawaz government in Punjab with one year of KPK, governance & work on grass root level is still better. I don't agree with few policies but they are better than others. He is fighting for the principles he promised to his voters.

Last edited:
You said proudly that you voted for PPPP.. We can't expect positive from you.. .
Yes, I voted for PPP in 2008 elections and PTI in 2013. Was that not 'positive'? :)

You and many others like you seriously need to re-think your blind support for the foul-mouthed, megalomaniac charlatan called Imran Khan if you think, as you claim above, this was the biggest Dharna in Pakistan's history.

:)
You and many others like you seriously need to re-think your blind support .
I am not blind supporter. I also supported MQM, PMLN on many issues... but i left PMLN when they selected drug smuggler hanif abbasi as president of metro bus project.... Then i realized that they will never learn lesson from past. You can criticize PTI, but they are better than others. They are fighting for the principles, they promised to voters. Same principle from first day,which i posted video of 1996 in post# 16.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom