What's new

10 Insane Military Tactics That Actually Worked

even google gives only SIKHISM sources. so ya keep the title of troll. So please provide a non indian source. If you want us to believe this story.
Okay then go and read the books I had mentioned.

Okay then go and read the books I had mentioned.

will do you go read a book written by CHUCK YEAGER. Also why can't you provide an international sourceo f this so called "EPIC" factual battle?

Like pearl harbor sources are abundant, stalingrad, or the battle of waterloo & final defeat of Napoleon

Let me guess, you made this post because Sikhs were mentioned in the article?

Also, Pakistan Army should consider painting cows and monkeys on their tanks and uniforms. Might help vs Indians.

Let me guess, you made this post because Sikhs were mentioned in the article?

Also, Pakistan Army should consider painting cows and monkeys on their tanks and uniforms. Might help vs Indians.
I liked the U boats and hammer part best and thats why I posted this thread.
About sikhs, well i know a similar war they had participated in, battle of saragrahi, so i knew what they 're capable of.
Battle of Saragarhi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Pigs used by romans as an elephant countermeasure against pyrrhus of epirus's indian war elephants .
Camels by cyrus the great against croesus's lydians at thymbra battle.

Pigs used by romans as an elephant countermeasure against pyrrhus of epirus's indian war elephants .
Camels by cyrus the great against croesus's lydians at thymbra battle.

Thank you!!
That was really news to me, pigs were the least expected anti-elephant weapons.Lol

The ancient sources are very clear in indicating that pigs were used to deter elephants in battle. Pliny writes “elephants are scared by the smallest squeal of a pig; and when wounded and frightened, they always give ground (VIII, 1.27).” Aelian says that “it was by these squealing pigs, they say, that the Romans turned to flight the elephants of Pyrrhus and won a glorious victory (1,38).” The most frequently told tale concerning pigs as a counter weapon to elephants may be represented by Aelian and Polyaenus: when Antigonas Gonatas was besieging Megara, the Megarians succeeded in routing the besiegers’ elephants by dousing pigs in oil and igniting them and then turning them loose against the elephants.
Clickfire: Military Use of Elephants in the Greek and Roman Period

Back
Top Bottom