What's new

10 defence industry programs Pakistan should pursue (But it isn't)

Hassan Guy

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
SAM system
Check this out: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/will...air-defense-system.478387/page-2#post-9215776
upload_2017-4-5_19-55-12.png

Attack Helicopter
While the T-129, AH1Z and Z-10 are under evaluation, there is no local helicopter industry in Pakistan. A recently signed MoU with SA who developed the Rooivalk could lead to some much needed joint development.
upload_2017-4-5_19-53-42.png

Utility Helicopter
Used by all 3 branches of the military and even civilian use and again no local helicopter production.
upload_2017-4-5_19-54-6.png

Electronic warfare systems
Because thats whats up nowadays.
upload_2017-4-5_19-47-57.png

MRAP's (and APC's, IFV's)
Apparently Pakistan buys MRAPS from the US and Turkey....(And I don't even wanna start on the news of Pakistan being interested in a foreign made tank, that better be fake news.)
upload_2017-4-5_19-48-23.png

BVR missiles
For the JF-17.
upload_2017-4-5_19-57-54.png

Turboprop Aircraft - Transport/AWACS/Surveillance
So significant yet so undermined: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-importance-of-a-turboprop-aircraft-industry-in-pakistan.477553/
upload_2017-4-5_19-50-43.png

Warships
Apparently the Pak Navy has been trying to buy frigates from Turkey.....and local development for a new frigate is not happening....y tho?
upload_2017-4-5_19-51-24.png

Nuclear Submarines
This is pretty self explanatory.
(I'll add conventional subs as well: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pakistans-submarine-deal-with-china-is-terrible.467470/)
upload_2017-4-5_19-53-10.png

I also think that buy 2030 the Navy will need a more offensive surface fleet so....
Aircraft carrier
upload_2017-4-5_19-55-51.png

The list doesn't include program that are being pursued (obviously).

acording to me for now only we need helis and radar , jf's missile . we already in talk for helis with SA and missile with china and i think radar we will get Europe tech transfer and some developing in home

If it should be pursued, then you won't get a chance to know it until the day...

I agree, and i think Anti-Tank weapons and Air Defense systems should also be focused on.

Pakistan is very keen in expanding its Defence industry & this is the reason why we are seeing Pakistan signing various deals with many countries. Soon, I am sure we will be hearing more good news related to PD industry.

We now already know Italy, China, Czech, SA & Ukraine are part of Pakistan Defence industry, soon we will be seeing more INSHAALLAH.

Aircraft carrier
upload_2017-4-5_19-55-51-png.388976
No bro we shouldn't build AIRCRAFT CARRIER in the future, what is the purpose of AIRCRAFT CARRIER in PN please tell meo_O:what: we need air defense destroyers or frigates bro, all these project is that easy as you think?:hitwall: if we will started these projects lets say 2020 than we will completed those project in 2035+ time frame than they will be useless for that time-frame, it is wise to do same thing like JF-17 project does get the off the shelf products with 60%- 80% tot, then you can put indigenous content in it, at one time you will make totally indigenous products from your own

Last edited by a moderator:
SAM system
Check this out: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/will...air-defense-system.478387/page-2#post-9215776
View attachment 388975
Attack Helicopter
While the T-129, AH1Z and Z-10 are under evaluation, there is no local helicopter industry in Pakistan. A recently signed MoU with SA who developed the Rooivalk could lead to some much needed joint development.
View attachment 388973
Utility Helicopter
Used by all 3 branches of the military and even civilian use and again no local helicopter production.
View attachment 388974
Electronic warfare systems
Because thats whats up nowadays.
View attachment 388967
MRAP's (and APC's, IFV's)
Apparently Pakistan buys MRAPS from the US and Turkey....(And I don't even wanna start on the news of Pakistan being interested in a foreign made tank, that better be fake news.)
View attachment 388968
BVR missiles
For the JF-17.
View attachment 388977
Turboprop Aircraft - Transport/AWACS/Surveillance
So significant yet so undermined: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-importance-of-a-turboprop-aircraft-industry-in-pakistan.477553/
View attachment 388969
Warships
Apparently the Pak Navy has been trying to buy frigates from Turkey.....and local development for a new frigate is not happening....y tho?
View attachment 388970
Nuclear Submarines
This is pretty self explanatory.
(I'll add conventional subs as well: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/pakistans-submarine-deal-with-china-is-terrible.467470/)
View attachment 388972
I also think that buy 2030 the Navy will need a more offensive surface fleet so....
Aircraft carrier
View attachment 388976

Other than Air Craft Carrier I agree with all others. We need VLS equipped Frigates and Destroyers to carry out the thing which USA did with Syria. Also what Russia did with ISIS. We need conventional also as for attack helicopter and transport one I have been saying for some time we need to start producing them in Pakistan get TOT of one attack and one transport helicopter and start from there production in Pakistan.

Other than Air Craft Carrier I agree with all others. We need VLS equipped Frigates and Destroyers to carry out the thing which USA did with Syria. Also what Russia did with ISIS. We need conventional also as for attack helicopter and transport one I have been saying for some time we need to start producing them in Pakistan get TOT of one attack and one transport helicopter and start from there production in Pakistan.

At least Pakistan should go for one aircraft carrier, don't you think so? India have 2 aircraft carriers now.

At least Pakistan should go for one aircraft carrier, don't you think so? India have 2 aircraft carriers now.
If we want to keep our Navy only in Pakistan I mean we don't want to have bases around the world no we don't need Air Craft Carrier but if we want to go around or at least go for permanent presence in Middle east than we would need Air Craft Carrier. But in case of choosing to remain in Pakistan what we need is at least and 24 Frigates and Destroyers which are equipped with VLS to fire long range cruise missiles along with 16 Submarines 12 AIP and 4 Nuclear. Those 12 AIP should have few VLS to fire long range cruise missiles also. And when we get these we need to focus on increase Marine Force train them like USA marines are trained and than go for two LHD like the ones Egypt bought.

Back
Top Bottom