6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

8-10.
10-horz.jpg

@Psychic @Khafee @MaarKhoor @S.U.R.B. @anant_s @WAJsal @Levina

Last edited:
Thankyou for this interesting thread IrBis

There is a movie on rescue of captain Philips as well...

I am surprised that Rob Furlong's name is not there in the list.

A former corporal of the Canadian Forces, he holds the record for the longest confirmed sniper kill in history at 1.51 miles or 2,430 metres. That’s the length of about 26 football pitches.

I believe the record for longest confirmed sniper kill now belongs to a British sniper as you @IrbiS have mentioned in your 2nd post.

Thanks for the tag.
I hope you will be able to update this thread with more interesting facts.
I had posted something related to the topic
1) Hunting a Sniper!

2) And this i believe can change the future of snipers...always a confirmed kill
Bullet that can change direction midair!!

There is a movie on rescue of captain Philips as well...

If I remember correctly, I think the SEALs uses SR-25 Mk 11 (Standard SEALs DMR) for the 3 Headshot, not HK416...

View attachment 294095

Could be, but I remember media also reporting H&K rifle after the incident plus Source( History of War Magazine) is credible too. Still, I can't say for sure!

I am surprised that Rob Furlong's name is not there in the list.

A former corporal of the Canadian Forces, he holds the record for the longest confirmed sniper kill in history at 1.51 miles or 2,430 metres. That’s the length of about 26 football pitches.

I believe the record for longest confirmed sniper kill now belongs to a British sniper as you @IrbiS have mentioned in your 2nd post.

Thanks for the tag.
I hope you will be able to update this thread with more interesting facts.
I had posted something related to the topic
1) Hunting a Sniper!

2) And this i believe can change the future of snipers...always a confirmed kill
Bullet that can change direction midair!!

Even current record holder isn't on the list. You can find on youtube re-enactment of Chuck Mawhinney and Carlos hathcock's encounters from History Channel's programs including the incident when Chuck Mawhinney shot 16 NVA soldier with 16 rounds in less than a minute at close range, all dropped dead.

Could be, but I remember media also reporting H&K rifle after the incident plus Source( History of War Magazine) is credible too. Still, I can't say for sure!

Even current record holder isn't on the list. You can find on youtube re-enactment of Chuck Mawhinney and Carlos hathcock's encounters from History Channel's programs including the incident when Chuck Mawhinney shot 16 NVA soldier with 16 rounds in less than a minute at close range, all dropped dead.

Well, they may have HK416 with them too, but judging from the condition, SR-25 seems like a more appropriate weapon to do the job.

You can find on youtube re-enactment of Chuck Mawhinney and Carlos hathcock's encounters from History Channel's programs including the incident when Chuck Mawhinney shot 16 NVA soldier with 16 rounds in less than a minute at close range, all dropped dead.
Yes i have watched it. They had shown how Chuck killed the infamous Vietnamese sniper.

Back
Top Bottom