What's new

Zilzaal - Pak Qatar Joint Ex

I think it means Earthquake.
Qatar AF fields Rafales, Typhoons, F-15s....why is it just participating with Mirage-2000 and Alpha jets.
OTOH, we are sending the JF-17s.....must be a particular purpose exercise.

Who else has Mirage 2000?
Rafale are yet to come exercises only focus on existing threats.

Who else has Mirage 2000?
Rafale are yet to come exercises only focus on existing threats.

F-16_Mirage_2000_F-7PG_during_exercise.JPG

That we knows every weaknesses and drawbacks of RAFALE, then i have to say SORRY to you, we flew few times and claims that we knows every weaknesses of RAFALE is just ridiculous/stupid

That we knows every weaknesses and drawbacks of RAFALE, then i have to say SORRY to you, we flew few times and claims that we knows every weaknesses of RAFALE is just ridiculous/stupid
You should read the post carefully before pressing the reply button....all he said was that PAF boys have flown the bird....where exactly he claimed that we know all about it.

You should read the post carefully before pressing the reply button....all he said was that PAF boys have flown the bird....where exactly he claimed that we know all about it.
ok, but how can we knows about it true capability, especially for IAF RAFALE latest avionics+AESA???

ok, but how can we knows about it true capability, especially for IAF RAFALE latest avionics+AESA???
Are Indians getting Rafale with different engine or airframe?
In exercises you learn about the turn rate climb rate, jamming capability, radar painting distance. Radar detection altitude etc. India Rafale are some what similar to Qatari so there is a lot we can learn from them.

If the exercises are focused on Mirage 2000 that means paf in these exercises will act as defender and Qatar as aggressor. Cause Indian Mirage package is the one that will carry spice bombs.

What aircraft RAFALE?? if so that doesn't means we knows drawbacks/weaknesses of RAFALE and develop tactics against it
You are right. It takes time, even years to learn the full employment potential of any aircraft. What the PAF knows and does not know about the Rafale is all speculation.

I hope PAF and QEAF maintain and enhance their cooperation and relations. PAF should also build better relations with Egyptian Air Force and conduct bi-lateral and multi-lateral exercises.

The euphoria around the Rafale in the Indian circles is reminscient of the time when they purchased Mirage 2000 and Mig-29s to cater to PAF's F-16 threat. The Mig-29s and the M2000 were better than the blk-15 F-16s that PAF had as per the Indians then and now the Rafale is a generation better than anything possessed by the PAF (as are the Su-30 MKIs per the Indian side).

So it's natural for them to boast of their own capabilities. I think for PAF, along with knowing the capability of Rafale, they have to have their tactics devised to respond to the IAF through all assets at our disposal and by leveraging the full potential of our force multipliers.
Points or cogs in a system make a difference, but it is the whole system's efficiency that makes the real difference. This comes through practice, hard work and realistic training more than shiny new platforms.

Last edited:
We should also bring an Erieye as well as SAM battery simulators to generate the full scope of threats either nation can face. I suspect the reason we see the Mirage 2000 on the badge and not the Rafale, is France probably had a talk with the Qataris after some Indian whining, and so as not to undermine their sales of the Rafale to India, France probably put it into their end user agreement for continuation of spares. Although the Qataris could have anticipated this and made sure their wasn't any such limitation in the end user agreement. Only time will tell, and only when we see the JF-17 flying with Qatari Rafales, we will know for sure.

please stop promoting such wild conspiracy theories

Back
Top Bottom