What's new

Zhuhai Airshow 13th Edition - September 28, 2021 to 3rd October, 2021

It is just a demo model, not even sure that it is a real project. But this may offer insights into Chinese philosophy for 6th generation design. When not in close in combat, this design can "hide" its control surfaces and transform into a pure delta.

It's their Concept Design of what they vision as Sixth Gen Fighter.

And the Video comes from AVIC Official, so we can assume kinda in Semi-Official that they are currently have Sixth Gen Fighter R&D running on China (AVIC). Still in early stage of course, I personally expect we can see this thing flying in 2030-2040 timeframe

An excellent Zuhai 2021 !!! Very impressive demonstrations of new technologies in development by China ! I wonder what if anything is left for the last day - shame about no show of the JF17 Block III with PL15s ...

I wonder what Zuhai 2022 will bring - certainly a pleasure and joy to wait and see !

An excellent Zuhai 2021 !!! Very impressive demonstrations of new technologies in development by China ! I wonder what if anything is left for the last day - shame about no show of the JF17 Block III with PL15s ...

I wonder what Zuhai 2022 will bring - certainly a pleasure and joy to wait and see !

It really isn't that great. Weather was horrible and pilots phoned in the aerial performances. Hopefully things will improve in 2022 when the pandemic is over and international vendors and performers can participate as well.

But still JF-17 Block III is one of the star in Zhuhai 2021.

Many good news like :

HD-1A Supersonic Cruise Missile.
JF-17 with 2x Supersonic Cruise Missiles for Anti-ship, land attack & anti-radiation roles will be a deadly combo
FAjK-jDX0AATEX-.jpeg
FAjLBMaXIAAc1Tv.jpeg

And New Air-cooled AESA Radar that can be installed in JF-17. With more than 200Km range for Air-to-Air Combat mode
OebIyzz.jpg
torZAdg.jpg

Also the confirmation that PL-15E BVR Missile is open for Export. Even with smaller range (145Km) than the PL-15 Chinese Air Force variant (200-300Km)

Last edited:
It really isn't that great. Weather was horrible and pilots phoned in the aerial performances. Hopefully things will improve in 2022 when the pandemic is over and international vendors and performers can participate as well.

For an overseas military aviation ethuasiast it was a good show but you are right - for spectators - it was probably not the best airshow.
Also the confirmation that PL-15E BVR Missile is open for Export. Even with smaller range (145Km) than the PL-15 Chinese Air Force variant (200-300Km)

It would be rather dissappointing if Pakistan indeed got the monkey variant and not the fully capable PLAAF variant .. I never belived the figure of 300km but 145km feels like you are being short changed.

For an overseas military aviation ethuasiast it was a good show but you are right - for spectators - it was probably not the best airshow.

It would be rather dissappointing if Pakistan indeed got the monkey variant and not the fully capable PLAAF variant .. I never belived the figure of 300km but 145km feels like you are being short changed.

With how things are escalating in Kashmir and Tibet, you can be assured that Pakistan will get whichever variant is available to the PLAAF.

The sheer variety and diversity of weapons shown is amazing. China is the real drone daddy of the world. It will make the US nervous and well the indians, they are not even in the league.

It's not monkey variant. It's a smaller variant for Light Fighter.
Until now, Chinese Fighters Jets exported to other countries is in Light Fighter Classification, including JF-17, K-9, J-7, JL-10, UCAV, and many others
So for what offering a 300Km BVR Missiles to the fighters with ~200Km Detection Radar Range?

Until it's confirmed there are foreign countries that buy Chinese Medium/Heavy Fighter Jets, like J-10C or FC-31.
Of course, the PL-15 BVR Missiles 200-300Km Variant will be offered to export as a package

Pakistan has never gotten the monkey variant from China. In fact during the 1971 War with India, PAF was able to draw planes straight from China's own inventory.

WS-10 Turbofan Engines Series :tup:

FAn1_FIWQBMGGBZ.jpeg
FAn9CEVUcAMkqKq.jpeg

Again, some special coating inside the nozzles. J-10 pic seems to be an old one.
Pakistan indeed got the monkey variant and not the fully capable PLAAF variant

Can you please share some source as if Pakistan got the PL-15 of such variant?

However, you bet from England to know that what variant Pakistan has?

Last edited:

No one can tell. Pakistan traditionally gets products with full or original specs from China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom