What's new

ZERO TOLERANCE Policy towards Sexual Harassment

Manticore

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
If there is any kind of sexual harassment please report the post and report in GHQ as welll where mods/senior mods can be immediately made aware of the situation. This is not something we will allow on the forum at any cost. Members are encouraged to report/tag such posts irrespective of nationality/ any bias.

We take sexual harassment very seriously at DEFENCE.PK.This forum will remain a civilized place for discussion where members feel safe.

We dont have any offenders lists atm... neither do we keep track of female members on the board. Recently Ive felt that some replies were not suitable towards members who might be females.

A similar thread has been made in the TT section for mentioning such members along with proof. TTs have been asked to actively help us implement this policy.

If there is any kind of sexual harassment please tag any mods/senior mods immediately. This is not something we will allow on the forum at any cost. Members are encouraged to report/tag such posts irrespective of nationality/ any bias.

We take sexual harassment very seriously at DEFENCE.PK.This forum will remain a civilized place for discussion where members feel safe.

good to know ...

If you allow me I want to remind one of post as highlighted in other section .... hope you remember it ...

I am unable to figure out what that member mean when he used 'CHATNE' in reply to a lady member ....

good to know ...

If you allow me I want to remind one of post as highlighted in other section .... hope you remember it ...

I am unable to figure out what that member mean when he used 'CHATNE' in reply to a lady member ....
please keep that stuff in ghq

There is no way we can afford to make PDF an unsafe space for women. Management does not keep tabs on female posters but it has recently come to our attention that a number of our posters do and then harass the said members. We take such incidents very seriously and encourage members to report unbecoming posts and messages for swift action.

Has to be a special head case to sexually harras a female member on a defence forum.

No matter its always a sign of a professional organization which keeps all forms of policies to make sure that all have equal rights and representation. Good to know that female members have full support of the administration which can help them name a few head cases who would sexually harrass women posters.

We dont have any offenders lists atm... neither do we keep track of female members on the board. Recently Ive felt that some replies were not suitable towards members who might be females.
It's such language in general-anyone who start's getting personal should be banned straight away. Shamain had complaints awhile back-although i handled, i appreciate mods taking this problem seriously.

I think there should be ZERO TOLERANCE towards Sexual Harassment and Sexual Innuendos.

We take great pride in our Forum challenging member's intellectual capacity to have a discourse and cheap and inappropriate language used against female members is a direct violation of that spirit.

Let us get rid of such elements and give stiff punishments to offenders to send a strong message to others who may be inclined to follow suit.

If there is any kind of sexual harassment please report the post and report in GHQ as welll where mods/senior mods can be immediately made aware of the situation. This is not something we will allow on the forum at any cost. Members are encouraged to report/tag such posts irrespective of nationality/ any bias.

Hi
I understand webby once told (in an announcement after elmo's case) that there is a 0 tolerance towards harassment of members....However, we have seen this happen openly, shamelessly and more frequently than ever whats worse is that it has been ignored by management...

I have opened enough threads in GHQ to indicate and show with proof these cases which had been ignored...Worse part is I have actually seen some mods going and "cleaning" up threads meaning erasing proof! While some members have harassed, cussed and gone over the top and then edited their posts once complained about or seeing a TT/ mod being active....I have also seen over confident people continuously harass even after being warned that they will be reported!

Then again SOME offensive posts might not sound offensive to tittled members ....but the min the titled members are asked what if your sis was said so and so what would your reaction be, instead of thanking the person to make them realize that so and so is also someone's sister....the members with the title punishes the people making them realize by giving negative rating?!

However, so far only indians have gone free by editing their posts after understanding the other person has been abused - insult has been thrown and the aim achieved-

My question is does the PDF system have any way of checking what was hurled or are we defenseless against such opportunists?

I wish not to post any female posters name coz they will be the new target of such a game

If you report the said post immediately, before it gets edited, we get the original post in the report - or you can take a snap

If you report the said post immediately, before it gets edited, we get the original post in the report - or you can take a snap
Snap hi tou prob hai! Manusiyat ghussay mein yaad hi nai rehta but report button is like reflex but by the time I report, the stupid thing has been changed :cray:

The edit history of any thread will show the changes made in posts and their timeline in modcp.

Good step this will improve the respect and healthy discussions.
Other than this language should also improve, some of the members use many distasteful words, which is not always accepted in same way or well by female members.

I think there should be ZERO TOLERANCE towards Sexual Harassment and Sexual Innuendos.

We take great pride in our Forum challenging member's intellectual capacity to have a discourse and cheap and inappropriate language used against female members is a direct violation of that spirit.

Let us get rid of such elements and give stiff punishments to offenders to send a strong message to others who may be inclined to follow suit.
Sir do you recall an extremely foul mouthed member long live india who had abused in bollywood song for aps students thread.... do we all remember the kind of abuse he had done against me and us all....yet he is unbanned after a mini ban. And then iwas calling a certain mod again and again and again plz atleast do del the abusive post and dont know why he was so lax abt it, wasnt deleting it. Eventually ihad to go to ghqf or it.

Tho he isnt posting but he ws the offender that even indians were demanding his perma ban.

That same poster stole a chat from my wall , photoshopped it and posted in indian pol corner thread where these indians know we dont visit. Some moderator found out and removed it. Tho i never knew abt it then. But recently in a thread another indian member who had taken and saved a screenshot of photoshopped post by long live india posted it quoting me. From that screenshot i found the original thread link and went there , many of them including sarthakganguly etc who knew us posters well tht we would never say such things....all pretended as if the screenshot is rreal and went on to discuss it shamelessly passing absurd remarks on pakistanis etc etc.

Lastly, iwont complain on him not getting banned because i complained to the site owner abt the offender. If he is willing to keep ppl on his site...then thats the admin's choice and part of their policy. After that i dont know what more is left to say.

@Akheilos

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom