Zarb-e-Azb may extend to Balochistan to fight insurgents: sources

WAJsal

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
870248-NSRS-1429105025-450-640x480.jpg

PHOTO: ONLINE

QUETTA: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif met Army chief General Raheel Sharif on Wednesday to discuss national security and the law and order situation of Quetta, Express News reported.

Sources privy to the development told The Express Tribune that Operation Zarb-e-Azb might be expanded to Balochistan to fight against Baloch insurgents as well.

The army launched Operation Zarb-e-Azb against militants in North Waziristan in June 2014.

“COAS and PM apart from this issue also discussed visiting top level delegation led by Punjab CM Shahbaz Sharif in Saudi Arabia,” the sources further added.

During his visit, the army chief presided over a law and order meeting at the Frontier Crops Balochistan Headquarters office.

The meeting came days after a sickening orgy of bloodshed played out in a remote town of southern Balochistan on April 11 when 20 construction workers were methodically massacred in a predawn attack on their camp near Turbat city in Kech district of Balochistan.

Read: ‘Outsiders’ targeted: Orgy of bloodshed let loose in Turbat

Inspector General Frontier Crops (IGFC) Sher Afghan, Balcohistan home secretary, IG Police and other high officials are present during the meeting.

Further, briefing on the army chief’s visit DG ISPR Asim Bajwa tweeted:

Major-General Sher Afghan briefed the army chief regarding the law and order situation in the province and search operations being carried out in Turbat and its outskirts.

Upon arrival, the army chief was received by Commander of Southern Command Lt General Nasir Khan Janjua.

Acting on a tip-off, the Frontier Corps on April 13 shot dead at least 13 suspected militants, including assailants accused of killing 20 labourers in Turbat.

Read: 13 suspected militants killed, including those involved in Turbat massacre

“Security forces with the help of secret agencies have launched the massive search operation in and around Turbat,” spokesperson for FC Balochistan told The Express Tribune.
This is exactly what i was asking for , things seem to be working out .I hope it's true .
@Irfan Baloch , @Color_Less_Sky , @Shamain , @waz , @Imran Khan , @Dalit , @Akheilos , @Green Arrow , @Zarvan @Junaid B , @syedali73 , @Abu Zolfiqar , @dexter , @Pakistani Exile ...........
Zarb-e-Azb may extend to Balochistan to fight insurgents: sources - The Express Tribune

the recent surge in Rangers operation in Karachi is the continuation of that operation too and Baluchistan is no exception
since the open threat from UAE, safeguarding Gawader and its affiliated development of infrastructure is far more important now.

But how we are going to get those hiding in caves,out.
Yes Go Chieffooo!!!! go get 'em all indian terrorists and beat them with a swatter, tie them in a knot and lob them back at their doval and handlers' faces.

the recent surge in Rangers operation in Karachi is the continuation of that operation too and Baluchistan is no exception
since the open threat from UAE, safeguarding Gawader and its affiliated development of infrastructure is far more important now.

UAE would be dumb enough to think of any adventure in Gawadar, now other party involved does not believe in Muslim brotherhood like we do, and I have heard they eat any and every thing as they don't think anything is useless. So if I were UAE I would behave and start talking from my mouth.

I don't know why but I have started to have this positive feeling and boost in confidence after a very very long time, I wish extension would be possible in his case.

Baluchistan is no exception

UAE would be dumb enough to think of any adventure in Gawadar,

So we possibly have a situation where the Arabs and Iranians could actually have a confluence of interests in Pakistan now?

Or does the Pakistan-Iran cooperation/agreement on this issue from the 70s continue unchanged to this day?

So we possibly have a situation where the Arabs and Iranians could actually have a confluence of interests in Pakistan now?

Or does the Pakistan-Iran cooperation/agreement on this issue from the 70s continue unchanged to this day?
nothing is off the table really. but Iran- Arab cooperation is out of question.

stability in Baluchistan is in mutual interest of both Pakistan and Iran @Serpentine might want to add to it but what I can say is BLA, BLM, BLF, Jundullah, rigi etc all are seen as existential threat to Pakistan even if some of them are for now only conducting terrorism on the Iranian side but they are the proxies that want to to create greater Balochistan.

Iran might see Gawader as an economic threat but wont go to a level of endangering its only relatively tension and military free border into something it is facing from the Arabian side. countries like UAE are a different matter for them Gawader is a big threat and they have instigated trouble in Karachi as well when it was potentially becoming new Hong Kong port back in the late 80s.

UAE threatening Pakistan? :omghaha: WTF are they going to do in Gwadar? :blink:
its just a theory my man.
they can AND have done much
they are known financiers of terrorist organisations in Pakistan. their name always comes up in the unexplained violence in Karachi. they have allowed Baloch nationalists safe passage and refuge in their country.
so slow subversion in the area is something they can do, like killing labour and destroying businesses abducting foreigners etc.

Its UAE only not Arabs that feels threatened. And in my personal view Iran Arab confluence of interest just for the sake of harming Pakistan in Gawadar.................. not happening big time no.

And if you ask me I would love to engage Russia in Balochistan too, so the threats could think 100 times before harming China, Pakistan and Russia's combined interest.

I don't know about that I was not even born then.

stability in Baluchistan is in mutual interest of both Pakistan and Iran

Iran might see Gawader as an economic threat but wont go to a level of endangering its only relatively tension and military free border into something it is facing from the Arabian side.

I see you and Iran actually have a lot of common interests in the region and strategically as well. Which is why I am surprised that they finger you and your proxies kill on their soil. Probably the sectarian thing. But honestly, neither of you needs another enemy in the region.

Russia is already engaged in balochistan.
Russians are very familiar with the geography and routes of this province .
As of iran, they are already in pain due to sistan balochistan insurgency. Theyshould think many times before provocating any further.

I see you and Iran actually have a lot of common interests in the region and strategically as well. Which is why I am surprised that they finger you and your proxies kill on their soil. Probably the sectarian thing. But honestly, neither of you needs another enemy in the region.
jundullah , Sunni terrorists and Baloch nationalists are NOT our proxies
they are our mortal enemies as well. the terror attacks by these terrorist organisations that you call our proxies are many fold within Pakistani side of Balochistan than in Iran.

Is their a specific reason you are desperately trying to bring Shia and Iran into this conversation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom