What's new

Featured Zaheer Ahmad Babar appointed new Chief of Pakistan Air Force

Yeah, one thing we seem to do on this forum is develop a kind of cult of personality of certain PAF officers who have had media exposure or been in the public eye. PAF does indeed have a very robust system of promotion, I know this first hand as my uncle, despite being very capable and trained in US and UK was left retiring at 1 star, feedback was quite harsh in terms of his performance at AWC despite performing very well at CCS. Which goes to show you can be a great pilot and combat leader, but not a great chief.

There a lot of capable officers who do not make it and of course a lot of capable officers who make it to the very top that we have never heard of. Of course Ali and Paracha being the face of PAC and Op SR have been in the public eye and very much talked about in the press and on this forum a lot.

Do not know about Babar at all but he graduated from CCS, AWC and UK RCDS so no doubt very capable. Be very interesting to see if he has Mirage or F-16 background.

I suppose that seniority won the day.

Good choice by the PM.

Good to see that HP will be VCAS. The PAF needs the experience of these veterans.

The lessons of Swift Retort will go a long way in making the PAF even more lethal.

Hopefully the new CAS will take the PAF to greater heights.

The colour of his white wing shows that he has logged upto 1500 hours flying compared to that Haseeb Paracha supports a red wing translating that he has clocked close to 3000 hours.
The red I heard is 2500+ and 2000+ is blue. My old man had the red one with 2800 hours when he retired as a Wing Commander. At least that was the system....maybe they have modified the categories.

A good omen I guess, even if I don't believe in that sort of thing.

Agreed with you on sort of thing but trust me, India/RSS live & die with Omen thing. I am sure, very soon we might witness a lengthy video on TV whereby their religious personnel will explain all that and given Modi's hindutva belief he might even feel it really. :P