What's new

Z-8 and Z-18 transport helicopter thread

Seems like a new domestic turboshaft will be installed on upcoming AC313A with 1600kw power. More powerful than WZ-16 turboshaft co develop between SAFRAN and AVIC.

Seems like a new domestic turboshaft will be installed on upcoming AC313A with 1600kw power. More powerful than WZ-16 turboshaft co develop between SAFRAN and AVIC.

I thought it is using the WZ-10 as in the Z-20?

005XDnEely1h1873y4o73j31900u0whv.jpg
005XDnEely1h1873zdjofj31900u0jtu.jpg

Via @中国军视网 from Weibo

None of the current PLAN destroyers or frigates will be able to support the 13.8-tonne maximum take-off weight of the Z-18, so in the near term it will be limited to operating at sea from the carrier Liaoning and the three Type 071 amphibious landing platform docks. The anticipated construction of Type 081 landing platform helicopter ships and Type 055 destroyers would increase the number of platforms that are capable of embarking the aircraft.
Moomin found a compass.

Moomin Papa asked him what he could possibly do with the compass.

Moomin looked at him strangely. 'Why, build a binnacle for it, to be sure! That's what people do with compasses!'

Moomin Papa was baffled.

'But what will you do with a compass in a binnacle?'' he asked, a little helplessly.

This was getting too much. The old troll had clearly lost his marbles.

'It's obvious!,' he burst out, 'I'll build a ship around the binnacle.'

With apologies to Tove Jansson,
and grateful thanks for a blessed childhood.​

Moomin found a compass.

Moomin Papa asked him what he could possibly do with the compass.

Moomin looked at him strangely. 'Why, build a binnacle for it, to be sure! That's what people do with compasses!'

Moomin Papa was baffled.

'But what will you do with a compass in a binnacle?'' he asked, a little helplessly.

This was getting too much. The old troll had clearly lost his marbles.

'It's obvious!,' he burst out, 'I'll build a ship around the binnacle.'

With apologies to Tove Jansson,
and grateful thanks for a blessed childhood.​
You forgot to take your meds or something?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom