What's new

Yuan Class coming PN's way?

Technically, yes. Realistically, no. But why a VLS when it can be tube launched?
Pakistan just tested a canisterised Babur, I just wanted to know why.

I haven't read the specs of the Yuan but I don't think it would have been designed with a compartment for a VLS.

Would these fish be able to support a VLS for N-Babur?
No. Yuan submarine is not big enough to fit a VLS. It can launch smaller anti-ship missiles (C-803 class, not something bigger like CJ-10 long range land attack nuclear-capable cruise missile) from torpedo tube.

Don't worry. India won't have that ability either for at least 10 to 20 years.

If you can fit a VLS onto a Kilo class or larger Amur versions e.g. 1850, then you can also fit it onto Yuan I would think. Even if the hull didn't provide sufficient depth (Scorpene, for example, has a smaller hull diameter) then there is always the option of a hump behind the sail (see various SSBNs) or incorporation into the sail itself (though that would very much limited the number of vl cells, since you don't want to end up with a huge sail)

Without
amur.jpg

With
amur2.jpg

Without
amur01.jpg

With
amur03.jpg

From: Torpedos | Poder Naval - Marinha de Guerra, Tecnologia Militar Naval e Marinha Mercante

Pakistan just tested a canisterised Babur, I just wanted to know why.

I haven't read the specs of the Yuan but I don't think it would have been designed with a compartment for a VLS.

You can mount a canister on a variety of vehicles, including (but not limited to) trucks, trains, tracked vehicles, riverine as well as seagoing ships.

Back
Top Bottom