What's new

“You’re all going to die”: Persuading Pakistan’s generals to see the light

The Americans are not really interested in Pakistan.

The times for Afghan War, CSF funds, drone for $ are over. The Generals want to sell its so called strategic location to the Americans again in exchange for dollars.

The problem is this time its not sticking. On one side there is a public who’ve seen the General’s tendency to whore out Pakistan and then there are Americans, who’re unhappy at Afghanistan exit and the bitterness it left with it’s relationship with Pakistan. It’s a double whammy. Or call it divine intervention.

The Generals can try their luck with people like Hussain Haqqani and his likes, but it’d be akin to swimming against the tsunami.

I do not think Gina Haspel is evil. She has a thankless job to do. What happens in Pakistan is not the CIA's business anymore. They have pulled out of Afghanistan. As long as nobody from the region tries to flies jetliners into high rises in America it will stay that way
So you classify willingly supervising Waterboarding, sodomizing, sleep deprivation (all termed as torture under Geneva convention) as a thankless job?
Remember Nazi officers were hanged at Nuremberg for "Just following orders".

Pakistani generals will see the light when people of Pakistan are standing outside corp commander houses and GHQ.
They are witnessing lightnings. Coming closer to GHQ. Hopefully they learn and withdraw to the barracks before its too late.

So you classify willingly supervising Waterboarding, sodomizing, sleep deprivation (all termed as torture under Geneva convention) as a thankless job?
Remember Nazi officers were hanged at Nuremberg for "Just following orders".

For a paper pusher it is a thankless job :undecided:

For a paper pusher it is a thankless job :undecided:
Burden of Command my friend. She authorized it. From other people's testimony she was present at the site personally supervising it. So hardly a "paper pusher".

Gina Haspel Observed Waterboarding at C.I.A. Black Site, Psychologist Testifies​

Burden of Command my friend. She authorized it. From other people's testimony she was present at the site personally supervising it. So hardly a "paper pusher".

Gina Haspel Observed Waterboarding at C.I.A. Black Site, Psychologist Testifies​

If it is not her it is going to be someone else

sorry the gloves come out if you try out something like 9/11

They are witnessing lightnings. Coming closer to GHQ. Hopefully they learn and withdraw to the barracks before its too late.
I hope so but part of me wants them to get a software update. If awam is able to upload a new software in even one of them, it will do wonders.

If it is not her it is going to be someone else

sorry the gloves come out if you try out something like 9/11
You have moved the goalposts now.... from a thankless paper pusher to I will resort to any (most probably evil/illegal thing) if attacked.
So what is the difference between "civilized" nations that have rules to the so called barbarians.

But I digress. this is derailing the conversation.

You have moved the goalposts now.... from a thankless paper pusher to I will resort to any (most probably evil/illegal thing) if attacked.
So what is the difference between "civilized" nations that have rules to the so called barbarians.

But I digress. this is derailing the conversation.

she is a bureaucrat - a person who writes reports. She is not an operations lady. She is not an analyst.

you can argue about water boarding and other torture methods. It is a fair argument and a valid concern. a public debate is needed and required here. I believe some of the methods had to be used on some of the terror suspects. We can argue all day about the pros and cons. I agree they are pros and cons

341381120_1645212939274846_2266456570628800545_n.jpg

Pakistan cannot live without Saudi/Gulf Arab expatriate money. Iran is not giving you a dime

Your army has decided that they are not going to seek a Chinese bailout (Neither will Imran Khan). They were willing to beg for a few billion in IMF bailout.

If isolation is a criteria that advice is more suited for Russia
And saudis can love without foreign workers.
What kind of idiot are you????

It's business countries do business..saudis aren't giving charities to expats infact there is consensus that they get more for the bank by using south Asians workers as compared to African workers
This is like Americans or Europeans non sense about immigrants workers..I tell them dude who is going to pick your fruit.. surely you ain't built for farming

So grow up kid

she is a bureaucrat - a person who writes reports. She is not an operations lady. She is not an analyst.

you can argue about water boarding and other torture methods. It is a fair argument and a valid concern. a public debate is needed and required here. I believe some of the methods had to be used on some of the terror suspects. We can argue all day about the pros and cons. I agree they are pros and cons
She is a career CIA official. What part of "overseeing" is not operations.

And saudis can love without foreign workers.
What kind of idiot are you????

It's business countries do business..saudis aren't giving charities to expats infact there is consensus that they get more for the bank by using south Asians workers as compared to African workers
This is like Americans or Europeans non sense about immigrants workers..I tell them dude who is going to pick your fruit.. surely you ain't built for farming

So grow up kid

The operative word you used is "South Asian"

You can try hobnobbing with Iran and see where it goes. if the Saudis regard Iran as a threat it limits your options with respect to Iran

The whole thing is moot because Iran's behavior has never made Pakistan-Iran relationship attractive in the first place. Or that even a starter.

The operative word you used is "South Asian"

You can try hobnobbing with Iran and see where it goes. if the Saudis regard Iran as a threat it limits your options with respect to Iran

The whole thing is moot because Iran's behavior has never made Pakistan-Iran relationship attractive in the first place. Or that even a starter.
Post 79 revolution we have had icy relations with Iran. It was compounded by shia/sunni proxy war inside Pakistan funded by competing interests. Early 90s, over 10 Iranian Army aviation cadets were killed in Rawalpindi. And after soviet withdrawal from AFG, Pakistan & Iran had competing interests in Afghanistan.

Prior to the revolution, Iran was perhaps Pakistan's most strongest and closest ally (even closer than KSA). They provided us equipment after 65 sanctions and we used to train a lot together.

Back
Top Bottom