What's new

Pakistan tilts back to the West in multipolar era

It doesn't matter which bloc Pakistan goes with, it will remain a failed state as long as the generals are controlling everything. These duffers only think in terms of tanks, planes, green cards, dollars and plots. The economy doesn't figure anywhere in their thick skulls.

During the cold war Pakistan was with the West. More then half of the world were in the Communist or Non-Aligned camp. India didn't have good relations with the America. The few countries with the West developed quickly with investment and good trade relations. South Korea is a great example.

But Pakistan didn't take advantage of it. Bhutto fuc*ed the economy with his nationalization of industry, banking, education and stuffing the government with uneducated villagers. We lost the 1970s with no economic development.

Zia came up with the brilliant idea of helping the CIA trap Russia into invading Afghanistan. That's their way of earning dollars. The 1980s were spent fighting the USSR on behalf of the West.

After the fall of USSR suddenly the whole world became capitalist, including China. There were many more countries to invest in with better infrastructure and educated population. Most foreign investment went to those countries, including Eastern Europe, East Asia etc. America practically built China by transferring all their industry there.

Pakistan missed the opportunity.

With China the same thing is happening now. Pakistanis is full of left-over terrorists, instability, uneducated population and political turmoil. Even if China wants to invest here they can't. It's not viable or profitable.

So, the generals can pivot east or west or north or south the result will be the same. A failed state.
What you have said is mostly correct. Perhaps the new educated generation of Pakistan can save Pakistan.

You got to be kidding me.

Most Pakistanis prefer China over USA. Where do you get your information from: FOX News?

The American Geroge w Bush administration was very pro-India.

We won't forget that.

And when Pakistan got nuclear weapons, USA did the Pressler amendment. So why should we be pro-USA? Chinese are much better to work with.

You are right.
It is the arrogance of the Neo Cons--not the ordinary Americans--which is alienating many countries from America. Did Biden have to say that he would make Saudi Arabia (really, it would be MBS himself!) a 'pariah'?? What kind of Ivory Tower mindset make a frontrunner in US election campaign say that? In some cultures, event the slightest 'slights' are never forgotten and I bet MBS is relishing not only the global media limelight but also the repeated humiliations of Biden by him!!

You are right.
It is the arrogance of the Neo Cons--not the ordinary Americans--which is alienating many countries from America. Did Biden have to say that he would make Saudi Arabia (really, it would be MBS himself!) a 'pariah'?? What kind of Ivory Tower mindset make a frontrunner in US election campaign say that? In some cultures, event the slightest 'slights' are never forgotten and I bet MBS is relishing not only the global media limelight but also the repeated humiliations of Biden by him!!
Yes when I was in Saudi Arabia, I heard even the Saudis don't like USA, or atleast not anymore after the Cold War.

And the Chinese keep saying "shut up, at-least we are anti-crusade."

After the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, quite a few people woke up, that USA is behaving like an imperial country.

Gone are the days of the Cold War, when USA was actually fair to other countries when countering USSR.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom