What's new

Your change in perception, after joining the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thread.

When I joined up here, I'd already been on two very high standard Pakistani fora, All Things Pakistan and PakTeaHouse. For those Pakistanis who haven't visited, it's a shame, these two are really classy places and deserve all the support they've got and more. For Indians reading this, those are fora that cater to thinking and sensitive people from all countries.

So it wasn't a surprise that Pakistanis are polite, refined people with outstanding manners and hugely courteous to others. It was a surprise that such a large percentage of posts degenerated very rapidly into Billingsgate, and that it was so difficult to keep a conversation straight and logical, an exchange of views and ideas.

There are yahoos of all countries here, Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Chinese. Personally, I dislike reading grossed-out stuff written by an Indian, because I think we are better off, more fortunate as a country in a number of ways, and deserve to present ourselves with more dignity and a serene indifference to the backbiting of others, certainly with no inclination to bite the backs of others!! This forum changed my impression about fellow Indians less than PTH; as that is open to all and anonymous, it has a more corrosive type of abuse of our hosts than this forum, thank Heavens for that.

Meeting Chinese posters was a new thing and very nice. While they have a huge percentage of aggressive hyper-nationalists, their calm and thoughtful people are pretty good, and sort of compensate for the others.

Being of Bangladeshi stock myself, it was extremely painful to read the comments that Bangladeshis posted. Even reminding myself about their political and social origins and the impossibility of communications to such people didn't help the pain of listening to the shrill abuse that they pour out around the clock. There are of course the exceptions to the rule; I was befriended by two such exceptions, and that makes all the difference!

Some of the big people, the people with understanding and discernment and knowledgeable in military matters have started noticing my posts, and I am thrilled at the chance of interacting with them and learning from their criticism. Just like I went through the equivalent of an academic seminar on the freedom movement, the AIML and INC, and the roles of different players in that movement on PTH.

I am very glad I joined here.

OP >>> Brilliant thread:tup: but as expected it took its usual course ...

Santro >>> Gem of a post:tup: .... nd just like most threads here, we often have to browse 10+ pages to find one good post ...

I am not an active contributor on pdf ... just a lurker ...

PDF didnt change my perception one bit .... Good and Bad goes hand in hand in every country, culture, religion, race .... its just that bad ones become the focus point and good ones are often ignored ....

I have Indian, Pakistani & Chinese friends and i respect them all ... It is never religion against religion, country against other country and so on ... It is always GOOD against BAD ... Our every decision, every word, every action ... The more good you do, the better this world will be ... Peace & Love ...

I don't generalize one whole group because of one bad apple. However I do find it irritating when the same BS comes from different mouths of the same area :rolleyes:

However I've been sticking to the famous Russian saying, "the dogs may bark, but the caravan moves on"

pakistanis and Indians alike have had a lot of history together, and just because of a name change and dedication to a certain religion doesn't make us that much different. Hell some of my friends are pakistanis and not to mention my girlfriend. Btw she's from peshawar (if any pakistani can tell me wherever that is). I would like to see some people beyond religion and hopefully visit pakistan in the near future.

:cheers:

I don't generalize one whole group because of one bad apple. However I do find it irritating when the same BS comes from different mouths of the same area :rolleyes:

However I've been sticking to the famous Russian saying, "the dogs may bark, but the caravan moves on"

pakistanis and Indians alike have had a lot of history together, and just because of a name change and dedication to a certain religion doesn't make us that much different. Hell some of my friends are pakistanis and not to mention my girlfriend. Btw she's from peshawar (if any pakistani can tell me wherever that is). I would like to see some people beyond religion and hopefully visit pakistan in the near future.

:cheers:

offtopic: I think respected Jana-ji can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom