What's new

Youm-i-Takbeer, a day of pride for Pakistan: PM Nawaz

970149_263555503782830_384841668_n.jpg

just two quotes although I am thoroughly convinced of NS's "saadgi" if you please:-
1. "kuch din pehle India ne jo atomy dhamakay kiye thay hum ne us ka hisaab bhi chuka dia"

2. "If somebody's expressing views, we cannot curb the expression of views" - on Armitage's direct threat!

Their is never ever any mention of Pakistan's second best physicist , Professor Riazuddin RIP who essentially did for our program what Richard Feynmann did for the the manhattan project. Instead we hear kudos for AQ Khan and Samar Mubarakmand.

The entire Pakistan glorifies and respects its military. If you have a problem with that you can go cry somewhere, because the entirety of Pakistan's two hundred million will continue to glorify its military without regards to what some idiotic politician or his supporters have to say about it.

Look who's talking....IK's followers are sore losers. You guys couldn't do jack to NS otherwise, but here, this gives you one more reason to bash those guys in the government.
I remember debating with every single one of you. Now you are turning out to be "military's" supporters. Where were you when Pakistani soldiers were getting killed and IK and people like you, were doing sit ins to block NATO traffic, instead of doing protests showing support to the SAME military that you went against at that time???

99% will disagree that Nawaz S is a leader. He is a thief and so is Zardari. The political entities are not formulating critical policies. I do not say they are less important, but credits for this goes to scientists, people and military.

If , we had not done that in 1998, we would be left without it till now. Nawaz S. was trying to divide the military through tussle war. And was almost successful , till Musharraf took over..

How old are you? 12? May want to play with toys and read up on stuff before posting imagination. 99% of who will disagree??? People inside your house? I think that doesn't matter frankly.

Take a look around and see what he's done for the country. He and his government will ALWAYS be considered the architects of the modern Pakistan. You are welcome to disagree with the history, doesn't matter. This guy and his team (irrespective of their past), have taken Pakistan out of a bankrupt ditch to a highway towards the growth. When was the last time Pakistan's actually had a real savings account with close to $ 18 billion sitting in it???? When was the last time or the first time in Pakistan's history that you've ever seen investment getting poured in worth $ 60 billion+ from around the globe?

When was the last or the first time that Pakistan started actual electricity related projects which would double up its electric generation infrastructure to double up the capacity (compared to 0 effort since post Tarbela dam built in the 70's when it comes to new projects)???

Leader does the work, he doesn't do sit ins, spread violence, threatens other people, their daughters, wives and all.....a leader delivers and NS actually has delivered. Never in the entire history of Pakistan a civilian government has worked with the military this closely, and yet delivered growth to a degree, never seen in the past 70 years.

If Mushy gave up all on one phone call, TRUST ME, he would've done the same on another call around these tests. You have got to give it to someone who took the pressure, the threats and all, and decided to do this for their country. Like I said, you can go be upset at the history, you can't change it.

Personal attacks are an admission that you've lost the argument. Good day and goodbye.

:) look who's talking. Would you like to go back to the times we used to debate and you used to do personals like left and right???? By saying look who's talking, its not a personal attack. Its just an opinion based on your previous writings.....

you used to do personals like left and right
Quote one.
By saying look who's talking, its not a personal attack. Its just an opinion based on your previous writings
Previous writings which are irrelevant. Therefore your little one liner is just a personal criticism which holds no weight in this argument.
How old are you? 12?
It doesn't matter if he's twelve or fifty, @Shan-e-ibrahim is right. Most people believe, and rightly so, that Zardari and Nawaz are thieves.

Let's just get straight to the point: you have a problem with the fact that Pakistanis glorify, respect and trust the military more than Nawaz Sharif or any other murderous thief. You can't do anything about it, because we will continue to glorify, respect and trust our military regardless of what an American on the internet or any politician says.

Arguing over it is absolutely pointless.

How old are you? 12? May want to play with toys and read up on stuff before posting imagination. 99% of who will disagree??? People inside your house? I think that doesn't matter frankly.

Take a look around and see what he's done for the country. He and his government will ALWAYS be considered the architects of the modern Pakistan. You are welcome to disagree with the history, doesn't matter. This guy and his team (irrespective of their past), have taken Pakistan out of a bankrupt ditch to a highway towards the growth. When was the last time Pakistan's actually had a real savings account with close to $ 18 billion sitting in it???? When was the last time or the first time in Pakistan's history that you've ever seen investment getting poured in worth $ 60 billion+ from around the globe?

When was the last or the first time that Pakistan started actual electricity related projects which would double up its electric generation infrastructure to double up the capacity (compared to 0 effort since post Tarbela dam built in the 70's when it comes to new projects)???

Leader does the work, he doesn't do sit ins, spread violence, threatens other people, their daughters, wives and all.....a leader delivers and NS actually has delivered. Never in the entire history of Pakistan a civilian government has worked with the military this closely, and yet delivered growth to a degree, never seen in the past 70 years.

If Mushy gave up all on one phone call, TRUST ME, he would've done the same on another call around these tests. You have got to give it to someone who took the pressure, the threats and all, and decided to do this for their country. Like I said, you can go be upset at the history, you can't change it.

:) look who's talking. Would you like to go back to the times we used to debate and you used to do personals like left and right???? By saying look who's talking, its not a personal attack. Its just an opinion based on your previous writings.....

A less complicated description to Nawaz Sharif's behaviour has to do with his earlier impulsive egoistical streaks...be it the nuclear tests , Kargil or his wish to become the next emperor of Pakistan. The coup was the best thing to happen to him, those days under imprisonment by the dictator tempered him in ways that we are seeing now.

As for development, he is a businessman first and foremost and unlike Zardari who is greedy to the hilt, has more astute business sense and realizes that its better to fatten and milk the cow rather than carve pieces out of it.

Quote one.

Previous writings which are irrelevant. Therefore your little one liner is just a personal criticism which holds no weight in this argument.

It doesn't matter if he's twelve or fifty, @Shan-e-ibrahim is right. Most people believe, and rightly so, that Zardari and Nawaz are thieves.

Let's just get straight to the point: you have a problem with the fact that Pakistanis glorify, respect and trust the military more than Nawaz Sharif or any other murderous thief. You can't do anything about it, because we will continue to glorify, respect and trust our military regardless of what an American on the internet or any politician says.

Arguing over it is absolutely pointless.

There is no arguing that they are thieves.. but the difference is that one stole 95% and let 5% push the economic wheel barely make over its next turn.. while the other is stealing 50% and letting the other 50% make the wheel repair itself and push faster.

As for the military, 90% of Pakistanis are generally emotional sycophantic suckups to actually realize what damage their military rulers and leadership has really done to them in the past. There is no love lost for the trooper who gets blown up by the I.E.D in Waziristan.. yet unlike the politicians whom the military is there to shame every other decade for their thievery like sanctimonious angels.. there is no one so ask the head of FWO or MES or any other branch where and what they are spending and hoarding.

1.5 Crore Landcruiser V-8s dont just show up out of nowhere for .. ahem.. the FWO head...that too more than one.
As if suddenly the person building bridges and roads is more of a target than one heading an infantry division.

FDI was at its peak in 2007, Musharraf's rule.
Thanks to an influx of American Aid and open economic market due to Musharraf's bending it over after Cheney's call.

There is no arguing that they are thieves..
No arguments in that case.
As for who is the bigger one, Zardari undoubtedly breaks all records in that department.

About the military, I would disagree that there is no love for the troopers that get blown up by IEDs in Waziristan. There is a lot of love; soldiers are the brothers, sons and fathers of Pakistanis and yes, Pakistanis are emotional people - their emotions are both positive and negative, and translate into a lot of love for our soldiers.

A few military leaders might grab a few land cruisers, but the institution as a whole is efficient, fulfills its responsibilities and forwards Pakistan's national interest whenever it can. Accountability and transparency is an issue though, I agree with you there.

Thanks to an influx of American Aid and open economic market due to Musharraf's bending it over after Cheney's call.
Better than economic wizardry that makes for good advertisements and leaves the next government scratching their heads as to how to handle or hide the long-term issues caused by said economic wizardry.

FDI was at its peak in 2007, Musharraf's rule.

LOL...FDI? You meant the US aid, FMF and the money paid to Pakistan for coalition support???? You call that "FDI"...??? I'd google it before using the term to understand the meaning of the FDI!!

There is no arguing that they are thieves.. but the difference is that one stole 95% and let 5% push the economic wheel barely make over its next turn.. while the other is stealing 50% and letting the other 50% make the wheel repair itself and push faster.

As for the military, 90% of Pakistanis are generally emotional sycophantic suckups to actually realize what damage their military rulers and leadership has really done to them in the past. There is no love lost for the trooper who gets blown up by the I.E.D in Waziristan.. yet unlike the politicians whom the military is there to shame every other decade for their thievery like sanctimonious angels.. there is no one so ask the head of FWO or MES or any other branch where and what they are spending and hoarding.

1.5 Crore Landcruiser V-8s dont just show up out of nowhere for .. ahem.. the FWO head...that too more than one.
As if suddenly the person building bridges and roads is more of a target than one heading an infantry division.

I agree. Politicians are politicians everywhere you go. That won't change. But you want an individual who takes little kick backs but put more money back into the country. You can never have 100% corruption free society.

The military has done a LOT of damage to Pakistan. Her institutions were never built, people don't even know what the word "my right" means. People don't even know that their basic rights should be given to them for free, like access to education, jobs, free speech and all. Why? because people on tanks don't roll into democratic values. They obey orders, not rights. So that culture has penetrated deep into the society. Majority of generals put that fear into people and really abused people's respect for the military. Because of the military rule, the investors for decades have stayed away from Pakistan.

Now that there is a democratically elected government, the work, projects, results and delivery is all in front of others. History is being made with a new Pakistan, ready to grow economically at a super fast pace, providing her people with better life style and access to basic needs.

No, I meant FDI.

I'd google statistics before making ignorant statements.

I know the statistics VERY VERY well. Trust me on that. I don't need google.

FDI is foreign direct investment. The government at that time, to show the world that the military was helping the economy, allocated money from different accounts to elsewhere and termed it as the "FDI" and then a LOT of it, went for corruption including many generals, both at that time and ex-military.

There was a BIG issue in the US about it as the US sends aid for the Pakistani public but it never makes it to them. Since then, the US senators really got ticked off and told Pakistan that no cash would be provided. The US Aid now ensures the money is being used on projects from Islamabad in the shape of payments after work's audited. They don't just send a fat check into the main account no more. The goal is to spend these American tax payer dollars on poor Pakistanis. Not to the filthy rich, who already have millions and still their greed doesn't end. That includes both military and non-military personnel at key levels.

Back
Top Bottom