What's new

You know you grew up in Pakistan in the 90's when

Did you guys forget Dave game?
images

images

Its from an old drama about PMA..... Sunehre Din (Golden Days) ... Shot in abbotabad... and yes tht scene was shot on some mountain... later a sequel was made "Alpha Bravo Charlie" ... with almost the entire cast from the army..an ISPR production ... directed by an awesome guy Shoaib Mansoor.... some scenes dipicting real stories .... a super hit series...
Believe it or not, that pic has something in it which makes even unrelated foreigners nostalgic. The young age of the soldiers, adventurous nature of army profession, the settings of cool mountains etc. It wouldn't have given the same effect if it was plains. And hence my question.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you still remember this song and the video playing on STN in the evenings:

Omg i loved this game, my uncle who was a pia pilot bought on for me from the states, it had a magnetic fishing pole and the fish would go up and down, god i loved this game.

1004430_618627024823621_804095667_n.jpg

so who played this?:D

OH MY GOD. I remember that game. I had it when I was a kid!

Does anyone remember video junction from the 90s? I think it used to air on STN.

hey does anyone here remebers Haqeeqat.
It was a horror serial.
Also Hathi merey sathi

Hathi mera sathi and sar kata insaan. I remember when those Pakistani movies were released there was a lot of hype around them, but I barely remember them.

Also I remember watching wizard of oz 2 on STN, it used to air in 30 minute episode. The scene when the witch takes of her head really scared me and I used to hide behead the curtains.
Sldo, I remember watching sesame street and rainbow.

You know you grew up in Pakistan in the 90's when:

• Evenings on STN/NTM were the highlight of your day.

• The Jetsons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Captain Planet were dubbed in Urdu.

• If you were lucky, you had a dish, and you’d watch Disney Hour dubbed in Hindi on Zee TV. And you never missed 'Hum Paanch' or 'Tu Tu Main Main' either.

• You played “Kings” in school.

• Playground feminism took form in the shape of “Queens” and “Kish”.

• Guys only ever played cricket and football, depending on what World Cup was going on at the time.

• The only co-ed sport that was ever played was DodgeBall (called Dodge the Ball) and girls were actually pretty good at it.

• You played Dark Room, Tilo-Express, Oonch Neech, Chor-Sipahi and Chupan Chupai.

• You decided conflicts not by Rock-Paper-Scissors, but by Pugan-Pugaai, In-Pin-Safety-Pin, or Akar-Bakar-Bambay-Bo.

• 5 words: Yasoo-Panjoo-Haar-Kabootar-Doli.

• Anyone owning a real Barbie or Hot Wheels was a source of envy and admiration.

• “Bil Patori naasan chori aadhi mithi aadhi kori I’m sorry I’m sorry” means something to you. As does “ZAAAAAYYYMEEENAAAA!!!.” :bounce::bounce:

• You drank Frost juice with Super Crisp chips. And then when you were done, you’d chuck the juice box on the floor and jump on it to burst it. :yahoo:

• There was never a line at the canteen. Instead everyone drove the canteen wala mad by screaming at the top of their lungs.

• You picked out only the chips from your mum’s Nimco. :victory:

• You remember RC Cola and how no one liked it.

• It was taboo for guys to drink Mirinda/Fanta because it was a GIRL’s drink. lol

• You idolized Imran Khan even though he was retired when you were 2 or 3, and wiped your face with your Pepsi bottle or Frost juice because he did it in that ad.

• Wasim Akram's 'Mein cigarette nahi peeta' ad made half your generation vow to never smoke (the other half just missed out on good stuff).

• You had to ask “Ma’am/Miss may I come in” before entering a class, and you had to stand up to answer questions during a lesson.

• Cordless phones were the coolest things.

• You went crazy when your dad bought his first ever mobile, and you wouldn’t shut up about it to your friends.

• You begged your parents for a walkman and then bought tapes of Junaid Jamshed, or if you were really cool, Junoon.

• You went to a Junaid Jamshed concert in a PAF building or a Junoon concert in PC. :pakistan:

• You remember Fakhr-e-Alam hosting the Top Ten on NTM and his “Bhangra Rap” was always #1.

• #2 was “Jaadoo Ka Charagh” by Awaz, #3 was “Dohlna” by Shehzad Roy and #4 was “Mann de Mauj” by Hadiqa Kayani, the only cool female-singer in Pakistani.

• You were really sad when Awaz split up. And later you took sides between Haroon and Fakhir, and if you liked one you had to hate the other.

• You remember waking up early in the morning on Saturdays and Sundays to watch English cartoons on Star Plus (before it got taken over by the Indians).

• You still hold a grudge against the Indianization of Star Plus after all those years.

• You remember celebrating when they changed the weekends to Saturday and Sunday because it meant Friday was a half-day. :yahoo:

• You played Sega-Mega Drive, Atari and Super Nintendo. :cool:

• You played Mario Brothers like there was no tomorrow. YESSSS

• You remember the Nintendo game where you had to shoot ducks with an actual gun-shaped joystick and thought it was the most amazing thing ever. (YUPIEEE. i never lost in it)

• Your life was never the same again when your first Windows 95 was set up in your house.

• You played Dave 1 and thought level three was the hardest thing in the world. Then you upgraded to Lion King (probably from a Power Games CD bought out in the street).

• You shafted Polka Ice Cream when Walls became popular. And yes, admit it, you used to wait for the Ice Cream wala in the afternoon and bought Paddle Pops from him. ( I miss Polka)

• Walls wasn't as good as the Challi Walla.( hmmmmmmm)

• Cartoon Network showed good stuff like Johnny Bravo and Johnny Quest before crap like Cow and Chicken ruined everything. :disagree:

• You had 'kutti' (pinkie finger) with your enemies and 'dosti' (index+middle finger) with your friends. :-)

• 'Dustbin' was 'duss-bin' and 'desk' was once 'dex.'

• Your childhood was over when they made you stop using pencils and start using fountain pens. And you always made a mess filling the ink.

• You watched Small Wonder, even after it was dubbed in Hindi by Star Plus.

• You wanted to be on the Crystal Maze, The Legends of the Hidden Temple and such game shows.

• The coolest clapping games were 'Cham Cham Cham,' 'O Pillar,' 'Zig Zag Zoo.'

• You were on the top of the food chain if you were made monitor (and you very easily abused the power too, by chucking chalk and dusters at people).

Do Pakistanis here remember all of this????

So true... i miss those SUNEHRY DIN.... those were the best days ov my life....:):smitten:

I gotta say it was quite similar in india.

sorry but u dint grew up in india neithr in pak or anywhere on earth...u were born n raised on mars so bettr stay away frm da thread cuz it only talks abt ppl of earth
smileys-smiley-with-sign-784150.gif

u dint play all thez games...u were more into playin wid rocks n air on mars haha :meeting:

Back
Top Bottom