You have to try these 9 egg recipes for dinner

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
You have to try these 9 egg recipes for dinner

1091917-friedfarrowithpickledcarrotsandrunnyeggs-1461663929-335-640x480.jpg

Pigeonholed as breakfast food, egg is in fact the world’s most versatile ingredient and the hero of many stellar dishes across the globe.

When you’re exhausted and hungry at the end of a long day, the thought of making dinner is even more taxing. But before you reach for your phone for a cheap local takeout, think of what you have stocked in your pantry at home. Preparing a delicious meal at home is easier than you think as long as you have eggs.

Eggs are the perfect choice for a quick, economical, delicious and nutritious dinner at home. From soufflé to a frittata, an egg salad or a simple omelette, the possibilities are endless.

Here are nine perfect egg dishes to try at home.

1) Egg salad

9DSJOKsi4Mp8T4SzoYO0RR111111.jpg

PHOTO: Jamie Oliver

“When they’re properly done, egg salads are out of this world. I’ve made a salad cream to ensure this old-school dish is top notch,” says British chef Jamie Oliver.

Here’s a recipe for one of his salads made with eggs, a variety of greens and a delicious salad cream, which makes a thoroughly satisfying dinner.

2) Frittata

mushroom-leek-and-fontina-frittata-620x39511111111.jpg

PHOTO: bonappetit

An Italian egg dish, which is delectably healthy and super quick to prepare, frittata is a great choice for dinner. You can use up any chicken or vegetable leftovers, use mushrooms or greens and whatever else you fancy to prepare this dish.

Here are a few good recipes and tips for the perfect frittata.

3) The desi favourite; Khagina

218ce7a9-cbd5-48ee-9eae-7c135177e80c-IMG_03081111111.jpg

PHOTO: food52/shayma

Boasting local flavours, Khagina is the go-to quick dinner in many households. Make it as spicy as you like, mix up the ingredients and have it with roti, naan, tortillas or your choice of bread. It never fails to satisfy.

Here’s a recipe for a quick Khagina.

4) Poached egg on toast with greens

the-perfect-poach-940x60011111111.jpg

PHOTO: bonappetit

Poaching an egg is simpler than you think and the result is a perfectly smooth egg with a deliciously gooey centre that goes perfectly well with not just toast but nearly anything.

Find a super quick poached egg recipe here.

5) Mexican refried beans with egg

C5S0a_0MazgAzs2yTFHUWR-11111111.jpg

Here’s another variation of poached eggs paired with beans and cooked in Mexican spices. You can use any beans available for this recipe.

6) Dhaba-style Punjabi egg curry

eggcurry11111111.jpg

PHOTO: indianhealthyrecipes

Infused with asian spices, this egg curry is as comforting as it sounds. Rich and flavoursome, this curry makes a quick and hearty meal.

7) The elevated egg sandwich

Ultimate-Creamy-Egg-Salad111111111.jpg

PHOTO: wholeandheavenlyoven

‘The creamier the better’ should be the rule for making a delicious egg sandwich. There are endless additions that can be made to an egg salad sandwich, add chilli or herbs, spinach or chicken or some other favourite ingredient to make your sandwich all the more satisfying.

8) Shakshuka

Shakshuka-Main-640x48011111111.jpg

Shakshuka which is eggs baked atop a tangy tomato sauce commonly prepared in the Middle East and Northern Africa, is as fun to make as it is to say out loud and equally enjoyable. You can take the heat up or down a notch as you like.

Here’s a must-try recipe for Shakshuka.

9) Mexican filled omelette

1085_1_143686594711111111.jpg

P

1) Egg salad

9DSJOKsi4Mp8T4SzoYO0RR111111.jpg

looks delicious.

“When they’re properly done, egg salads are out of this world. I’ve made a salad cream to ensure this old-school dish is top notch,” says British chef Jamie Oliver.

top tip.

3) The desi favourite; Khagina

218ce7a9-cbd5-48ee-9eae-7c135177e80c-IMG_03081111111.jpg

PHOTO: food52/shayma

first time hearing of it.

6) Dhaba-style Punjabi egg curry

eggcurry11111111.jpg

PHOTO: indianhealthyrecipes

making my mouth water.

8) Shakshuka

Shakshuka-Main-640x48011111111.jpg

looks nice, must taste nice too.

9) Mexican filled omelette

1085_1_143686594711111111.jpg

P

how can a omelette be rolled up like that and yet not be burnt?? :o:

Bro, please add the recipe for the egg sandwich.

its the simplest sandwich.
hard boil eggs, chopped to small pieces
mix it with mayonnaise, salt and paper as per your taste
put it on a slice of bread, top it with slices onions, tomato, cucumbers and lattice (thats my choice of toppings you can use anything you like)

so describe the taste and texture of egg salad??

and how does one get a perfectly rolled mexican filled omelette??
Well the Mexican filled omelette was served to me in a 5 star hotel as Chef's Specialty. This is a long time back though, so do not remember the exact ingredients.

Egg salad is different every time you have because it depends on who is making one...The last time I had one was not long ago and was made by a friend who increased the mayo that made it more creamy... Usually the texture is not too creamy.

No quiche? Or Is that too close to Frittata:what:?

Salmon_Broccoli_Quiche_L_865x3311401-335294.jpg

@Armstrong what do you not like about Tomatoes? I hate them too:guns:!

2712281292_de879a14bc.jpg

Their slimy texture, their water taste, their redness:angry:. They stink. And mackerel I can understand too, some fish is stronger then others, but I'm a big fish fan, mostly in the form of sushi or sashimi. I eat honey almost every night, so I can't agree with that one either.

But what did pineapple do to you:o:?

No quiche? Or Is that too close to Frittata:what:?

Salmon_Broccoli_Quiche_L_865x3311401-335294.jpg

@Armstrong what do you not like about Tomatoes? I hate them too:guns:!

2712281292_de879a14bc.jpg

Their slimy texture, their water taste, their redness:angry:. They stink. And mackerel I can understand too, some fish is stronger then others, but I'm a big fish fan, mostly in the form of sushi or sashimi. I eat honey almost every night, so I can't agree with that one either.

But what did pineapple do to you:o:?

I've got no idea what a Frittata is and I'm too lazy to google it right now ! :undecided:

But tomatoes - What is there to like about them ? I don't like the taste, the slimy texture or the pungent smell ! :bad:

I like fish but only the batter fried kind ! :smitten:

Not sushi....why would anyone want to eat raw fish is beyond me ! :tsk:

And honey is far too sweet.....faaaar.....faaar tooo sweet and thats saying something 'cause I've got a sweet tooth thats large enough to fit in the Mariana Trench ! :tongue:

As for pineapples; if you're neither a pine nor an apple then I've got a hard time trusting you ! :disagree:

Plus I don't like the taste that much !

Back
Top Bottom